Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    First of all garrisons are housing, whether you want to admit it or not. You disliking them doesn’t instantly mean they aren’t housing.

Secondly, let’s say they do make housing. With this whole complicated system of you actually creating your own buildings etc. this will take a TON of resources away from creating actual content, as well as the best case scenario actually being people like the housing and never leave it and we get a wod 2.0 where the world becomes literally barren as everyone qs from their houses.

It’s a terrible idea at best.
    People build that stuff out if furniture...

Other games like ffxiv aren’t that in depth but you do get to choose the say furniture, wallpaper and decorations on top of music.

And you are comparing buildings that all look alike to true chstlmization where you could say have a gnomosh teleported next to a ne bed with a human cub board all in a dwarven style home..maybe a scaled down onyxias head or a few legendaries/weapons on display on your wall

That is what we’re talking about not a quest hub like garrisons

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    I see where you are coming from, but all the devs would have to do is take what Garrisons did that caused hubs to be dead and fix that. Would take some time, but they need to make it so you're not just sitting in your house all the time. On ESO, housing is a big part of the game, yet no one just sits in their house doing nothing.
    Duck just remove the mining, herbalism, and crafting parts alongside quests bam done..replace with full customization perfection

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    It's a terrible idea that Eso makes millions off of? ok lol.

What did you create in garrisons? you slotted useful buildings.
    You really don't understand how certain systems work for one game but don't in another... that thought just never passed your mind once huh? Like I said before, best case scenario, it ends up decent and makes people stay in their houses and q from the JUST like what happened in wod and the expansion sucks. The reason people hated garrisons wasn't because of how sloppy or how much they could have made them better, it was the effect they had on the game. Which is exactly what would happen with your little scenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Thats literally what you did in garrison tho...
    I think maybe you’ve just never seen/played a game with player housing which leads to this idea garrisons were even close to it

I really don't want another Garrison.

Another class hall though, specifically for player made guilds..... That sounds less lonely, and I'm listening.

10+ Year Old Account
    We made buildings, statues, items and whatever in our garrison.
    Heh in pre defined areas/slots in pre defined ways not free form or a way to express yourself at all..hell you could not even change what kind of racial design you wanted(say make it dwarf themed with stone bunkers and buildings based on dun Motörhead’s/if or NE with a focus on trees/nature or Tauren with totems and other Tauren things) now THAT would have helped a lot

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I really don't want another Garrison.

Another class hall though, specifically for player made guilds..... That sounds less lonely, and I'm listening.
    Trust me nobody wants garrisons..most of all housing fans

Everyone calling garrisons player housing has absolutely never played an MMO with actual player housing. Blizzard called it housing even though they knew it wasn't. But they used that terminology and people ate it up that didn't know better. Every single player that DID know better, said it wasn't housing and still says it wasn't housing. Placing down buildings in specific spots without ANY proper customization is not player housing. It's positively ridiculous to say it is.

Wildstar managed to have INCREDIBLE player housing and added buildings and decorations you could find anywhere in pve and some in pvp. you were able to 100% build your plot and players made some incredible stuff. Blizzard has far more money than Carbine did but somehow they can't accomplish the same things? Bull shit. It's not a matter of man power or that we'd "lose a raid tier". Blizzard is just fucking lazy. WoD, BfA, and soon Shadowlands are 100% proof that Blizzard has the mentality of "If we just slap a coat of paint on old systems, we can keep players forever." Thankfully, people are finally starting to wise up to this.

We made buildings, statues, items and whatever in our garrison.
    You placed a few buildings. There was no creativity to it.

You really don't understand how certain systems work for one game but don't in another... that thought just never passed your mind once huh? Like I said before, best case scenario, it ends up decent and makes people stay in their houses and q from the JUST like what happened in wod and the expansion sucks. The reason people hated garrisons wasn't because of how sloppy or how much they could have made them better, it was the effect they had on the game. Which is exactly what would happen with your little scenario.
    Nearly every modern mmo has housing. And wow has phasing to make cities feel fuller. Actual housing would get people farming old raids and shit for items. And lol that people hated garrisons because it made cities feel empty people didnt like them because they were mandatory and all your gathering mats in one spot.

All Blizzard needs to do is NOT adds things to the player housing that would make it feel 100% required to visit every day. No mission table and no resource gathering. Just cosmetics like LITERALLY EVERY OTHER MMO WITH HOUSING. They wouldn't even need to change anything across the expansions. Just add more cosmetic things that you can find in future expansions. But as I've said, Blizzard is fucking lazy.

Yes let our characters chill for an expansion and go on some normal adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    All Blizzard needs to do is NOT adds things to the player housing that would make it feel 100% required to visit every day. No mission table and no resource gathering. Just cosmetics like LITERALLY EVERY OTHER MMO WITH HOUSING. They wouldn't even need to change anything across the expansions. Just add more cosmetic things that you can find in future expansions. But as I've said, Blizzard is fucking lazy.
    Idk why you guys keep trying to push something that community very clearly let blizzard know that they don't want it lol. If you like housing so much in other mmos then just go to those mmos I don't understand the issue. It's simply a waste of time, nothing more to add.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Trust me nobody wants garrisons..most of all housing fans
    The thing I hated about them though was that they took me out of the open world phase, which solo housing would definitely do. At least in class halls you could see other players, y'know? That's why I think guilds should get housing before individual characters. So it feels less like a ghost town and more like a social hub.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Anyone else think that after we defeat the jailer and save the Shadowlands that it would be the perfect time to implement a player housing system? What better way to reward the saviors of all reality then to let them create their own covenant/afterlife?
    I like this idea can i have my choice of a npc in my house.. i would pick jaina proudmnoore cause she's my favorite <.<
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Idk why you guys keep trying to push something that community very clearly let blizzard know that they don't want it lol. If you like housing so much in other mmos then just go to those mmos I don't understand the issue. It's simply a waste of time, nothing more to add.
    Except the community DIDN'T tell Blizzard this. they specifically said "Garrisons isn't housing. We want actual housing." and Blizzard stupidly took that as "The community doesn't want housing."

Quote Originally Posted by misterrium View Post
    why the hell you want to play by yourself in your shitty little house in an MMO?? or you want to make 2pm tea parties? player housing is the most stupid idea evet.
    Massive Multiplayer Online ROLE-PLAYING Game

The RP part is always forgotten, it's a shame. Also, it's not playing by yourself. If they add this feature there will obviously be player interaction involved.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    THey can disagree with it, but it doesn't matter. Blizzard said it was player housing. That is what it was. I mean, if you order a hamburger at McDonalds, you calling it a hot dog doesn't make it a hot dog. It's still a hamburger because that is what McDonalds said it was..
    So the customer can have an opinion but it doesn’t matter? What if the burger looks like a hotdog and taste like a hotdog? Shouldn’t a company take the opinions of their customers into consideration?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    So the customer can have an opinion but it doesn’t matter? What if the burger looks like a hotdog and taste like a hotdog? Shouldn’t a company take the opinions of their customers into consideration?
    Since companies don';t make burgers in the shape of a hot dog, it's a dumb hypothetical. As it is, burgers are made out of beef. Hot Dogs are generally made out of pork and cased. Even if the burger was made in the shape of a hot dog, it's still a burger because it isn't cased. What the company calls something is what it is. Customers don't get to decide what a company is calling something.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Since companies don';t make burgers in the shape of a hot dog, it's a dumb hypothetical. As it is, burgers are made out of beef. Hot Dogs are generally made out of pork and cased. Even if the burger was made in the shape of a hot dog, it's still a burger because it isn't cased. What the company calls something is what it is. Customers don't get to decide what a company is calling something.
    But then your McDonalds comparison is not valid. Because if you compare it to Garrisons, then it would look and taste like a hotdog. Your own example fails based on your own logic. I know you like to pretend to be a master debater but you need to try harder mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    But then your McDonalds comparison is not valid. Because if you compare it to Garrisons, then it would look and taste like a hotdog. Your own example fails based on your own logic. I know you like to pretend to be a master debater but you need to try harder mate.
    But it doesn't. You can shape a burger to look like a hot dog. But it isn't a hot dog because it isn't cased. It's still just ground beef seasoned to taste like a hot dog and shaped like a hotdog. It isn't made out of hot dog ingredients.

We are done here. Basically all you did here was declare yourself right because your argument was thoroughly destroyed and won't admit it.

"Better to put resources on other things!"

They already are, the in-game store dude.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    "Better to put resources on other things!"

They already are, the in-game store dude.
    are u one of Asmons degenerate viewers? u can like the store or not but putting 2-3 mounts a year into the store is hardly putting resources in .. and for idiots like u art/design team making mounts doesn't waste any resources for features etc but ofc u don't know such a thing store hater sheep