Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Mark my words this will at least tighten up the race.
    This debate showed that Trump has no plan.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Oh, and apparently Trump defended rolling back environmental regulations with "the people being polluted are making money now".
    Yeah.

Biden had a good follow up, (paraphrased) "Having a good job doesn't matter when they are sick and dying".
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

What is going on with Iowa?

649,485 early votes in (41.1% of 2016 total vote count or 32% of total registered voters in Iowa) and Dem is leading by 21 pts (51.9% Dem, 30.7% Rep and 17.1% NPA).

Those are numbers from Iowa Secretary of State’s office. Not from exit poll or modeling.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    lol. Are we using "Ben Shapiro" as a synonym for "ill-informed idiot" now? I'm down.

It's sticking around because of the covid/USPS situation.
    Pretty much. You should see the Conservatives on Twitter. ‘Trump won handily’ says Megyn Kelly. It’s like...on what planet? He basically just did his usual greatest hits tape and nothing else. But apparently you win a debate if you don’t holler conspiracies and lies down a microphone but instead just ramble them at an even pace. Genuinely stupid people.

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    I understand a lot of people have 2016 PTSD but at some point you need to calm down and have some positivity...

1. Hillary at this point in 2016 was losing points. Biden has been mostly stabilizing, with small gains.
    2. Hillary never had this high of a lead to begin with.

It's smart to treat this cautiously and keep encouraging everyone to vote, but the doomer mentality has started to get a little draining.
    PTSD is good. We can party later after all the votes are counted.

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    I understand a lot of people have 2016 PTSD but at some point you need to calm down and have some positivity...

1. Hillary at this point in 2016 was losing points. Biden has been mostly stabilizing, with small gains.
    2. Hillary never had this high of a lead to begin with.

It's smart to treat this cautiously and keep encouraging everyone to vote, but the doomer mentality has started to get a little draining.
    Has there been much doomer talk here? For the most part the worst I've seen here is "as long as turnout overcomes the GOP ratfucking Biden wins". I think after 2016 an abundance of caution about celebrating too early is warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    PTSD is good. We can party later after all the votes are counted.
    Exactly. I would rather have everyone go hell bent for leather and vote the cunt out instead of think like it’s a foregone conclusion. And yes, Ben Shapiro is now the urban dictionary replacement for ill informed idiot. Separately, people are actually quoting Frank Luntz and his ‘focus group’ of Republicans. They might as well just ask the entire user base of Vox at that rate. PS. I don’t mind Vox, they’re alright but will obviously be voting Biden.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2020-10-23 at 03:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone actually doubted Trump was so poor of a businessman, that his losses would offset his gains for years. You can't go bankrupt six times without that being a valid option.

But yeah, you're suggesting he gave a partial excuse for the part everyone already figured out. How much does he owe to foreign governments and their assets?
    Yes exactly
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Has there been much doomer talk here? For the most part the worst I've seen here is "as long as turnout overcomes the GOP ratfucking Biden wins". I think after 2016 an abundance of caution about celebrating too early is warranted.
    I think "resolute" is the best descriptor of the general mood.

"Trump is going to lose, and I am going to do everything within my power to make it so" is how I've been feeling for a while. When Biden initially got the nom, I was terrified that the DNC had made the same fatal mistake as 2016, picking a neoliberal center right candidate with strong credentials rather than an actually liberal center-left candidate with strong messaging. I was all aboard the "I don't want Republicans to have a place at the table, these people are scum and don't deserve a voice" train.

After watching a few town halls and the debates, I am honestly sold on Biden much the same way I was sold on Obama in 2008.

Incrementalism to be sure, but he's the President we need right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor Boys is trending.

I have no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    I think "resolute" is the best descriptor of the general mood.

"Trump is going to lose, and I am going to do everything within my power to make it so" is how I've been feeling for a while. When Biden initially got the nom, I was terrified that the DNC had made the same fatal mistake as 2016, picking a neoliberal center right candidate with strong credentials rather than an actually liberal center-left candidate with strong messaging. I was all aboard the "I don't want Republicans to have a place at the table, these people are scum and don't deserve a voice" train.

After watching a few town halls and the debates, I am honestly sold on Biden much the same way I was sold on Obama in 2008.

Incrementalism to be sure, but he's the President we need right now.
    Incrementalism will do the world just fine. Our parliament just voted against free meals till December for all schools. Tells you how desperately even incrementalism would do Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Pretty much. You should see the Conservatives on Twitter. ‘Trump won handily’ says Megyn Kelly. It’s like...on what planet? He basically just did his usual greatest hits tape and nothing else. But apparently you win a debate if you don’t holler conspiracies and lies down a microphone but instead just ramble them at an even pace. Genuinely stupid people.
    Republican Trumpers still whining about Chris Wallace, idiotic people are tweeting that Kristen Welker was the better moderator even though it's clearly a false equivalence.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-10-23 at 04:00 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    I was terrified that the DNC had made the same fatal mistake as 2016, picking a neoliberal center right candidate with strong credentials rather than an actually liberal center-left candidate with strong messaging.
    He has seemingly moved left with some of his rhetoric. Healthcare, criminal justice, and minimum wage reforms are pretty huge. Time will tell if it's more than just talk, but it's at least a good sign that he can be seen to support those things.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    He has seemingly moved left with some of his rhetoric. Healthcare, criminal justice, and minimum wage reforms are pretty huge. Time will tell if it's more than just talk, but it at least a good sign that he can be seen to support those things.
    Not even just his policy rhetoric, the entire tone of his campaign has me honestly proud to vote for him. The messaging about hope for a better tomorrow for our children has me sold 100% as a parent trying to do hybrid learning with a 5 year old while keeping a 3 year old from zoombombing his kindergarten class.

I was always going to vote for him over Trump, but it was a "Any Functioning Adult 2020" thing before. Now I genuinely support him as a candidate in his own right, not just as an alternative to the current shitshow.
    Last edited by Antiganon; 2020-10-23 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Biden is so senile.
    You got that out of the stomping that Trump received? If Biden is senile, then what is Trump? Clinically retarded cuz he lost to a guy that is senile?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My take on the debate....Trump did well, in fact it was his best debate performance ever. Who won the debate will depend on who you ask. I was really impressed with the great job the moderator did. Chris Wallace when asked about it, said he was jealous. lol!
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Spike` View Post
    As a European seeing this debate makes me want to vote for Trump

You are in really shit if Trump is better than this Biden :|
    Then you don't know what you are talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Republican Trumpers still whining about Chris Wallace, idiotic people are tweeting that Kristen Welker was the better moderator even though it's clearly a false equivalence.
    Literally minutes later.

Chris Wallace when asked about it, said he was jealous. lol!
    Also, don't you have a 24-hour challenge to answer? I've given dozens, you'd think you'd have done at least one. @Edge- has answered more than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    If even the most hardcore of Trump supporters tries to pretend that Trump won this debate, I'll take an ounce of w/e they had.
    Yeah, had a lot of people in trade chat in WoW saying that Trump won, and that everything with Hunter Biden is True. Then he linked me a video from Fox News and that ratfucker Ratcliffe saying it was true. Even though everyone else is saying no it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    A false equivalence from Trumpers like you.
    Pretty sure this is talking about Wallace being jealous that he didn't get to moderate the debate where Trump mostly behaved.

Trump's performance compared to the first debate was worlds apart. Fear of getting his mic cut off stopped him from interrupting constantly. He still went over his time consistently, brought up irrelevant shit, and didn't actually give substantive answers to anything, but interruptions were far, FAR less than last time..