Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm ok with that. If it means they redesign the whole "borrowed power" thing by binning it.

Otherwise, i don't see the need for further delay.

I reckon a lot of staff would rather work on this years holiday than be stuck at home, its not like they can go on vacations or family gatherings. I feel like december 1st or 2nd week is perfect date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aulla View Post
    I think the fact that they said "it will be released later this year" means it will be released this year. They didnt say later, they said this year. Would be a huge mistake promising something and not doing it. Twice.

Im sure we will get it this year.
    While I am quite confident in a 2020 release, I will state that blizzard has, over and over, repeatedly, promised something and not done it. I still have the original WotLK game box that quite clearly states there would be new dances. Yet that never happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

with the latest 6 month crap they pulled, if they announce it will be 3-4 months later...holy shit the scam they pulled.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    with the latest 6 month crap they pulled, if they announce it will be 3-4 months later...holy shit the scam they pulled.
    How would that be a scam? Everything is being stated at face value.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    How would that be a scam? Everything is being stated at face value.
    get people's money before they quit wholly until SL. while looking good on sub numbers for shareholders.

The "evidence" presented for a January (or later) release is that the Beta's not ready for release. But so what? Even if the game isn't in an ideal state in December, Blizzard will still weigh the pros and cons of releasing then, and they probably will release it. Even a November release, unpopular as it is, is very much a possibility.

Shadowlands is playable right now. So the prepatch event could occur any Tuesday from now on and Shadowlands could release as early as 2 weeks after that.

Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    I thought blizzard stated that the expansion will still be a 2020 release?
    Did they state that anywhere post saying it would be delayed?

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    Did they state that anywhere post saying it would be delayed?
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...on-shadowlands

To the WoW community,

I wanted to let you know that we’re delaying the release of Shadowlands to later this year

By US law they have to get explicit permission from purchasers to extend the delivery date past the stated "sometime in 2020". If they don't get such permission they have to give those people who ask for it (or simply don't reply) their money back.

So come hell or high water it will ship before December 31st, you can bank on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Torghast does not have issues, you can claim covanents might have issues but Shadowlands itself is fine, covanents are the controversy not the whole thing.
    Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, Legendaries are all major core problems. The Maw is practically untested with almost nothing to do in the zone. Also there's still several issues with the game itself with several quests randomly just bugging out entirely and not letting you progress even after you abandon and regrab them.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    That doesn't sound like "face value," that sounds like they just scammed a 6 month sub out of you to play old content (or not - they don't care, they have your money), when you should have been playing their new content that they promised to be out by that time.
    If you add in things that are not face value then of course it won't sound like face value. Nothing of what they are doing is proof the expansion is delayed until March or even 2021 and thus the 6-months is a scam. It also doesn't cover the people that got it for free with an existing 6-month subscription which would be anyone who took part in the last promotion or renewed between the last one and now.

So it still isn't even a scam under your hypothetical because they are not selling those 6-months as "mostly under the new expansions". They also offered the promotion a 20 days after they announced the delay. So it isn't a scam in regards to being tricked with play time under the new expansion.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-10-23 at 04:21 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    That's actually me being rational, and having over 30 years experience in software development - knowing the difference between programming issues and data issues.

Hope I clarified your error.
    No you really didn't you continue to white knight for Blizzard when the expansion is barely holding on by threads on beta both from a programming standpoint and data standpoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    By US law they have to get explicit permission from purchasers to extend the delivery date past the stated "sometime in 2020". If they don't get such permission they have to give those people who ask for it (or simply don't reply) their money back. So come hell or high water it will ship before December 31st, you can bank on that.
    No they do not. There is no universal US law that states you have to meet a vague release goal. Cyberpunk 2077 delayed with out facing US court system. Blizzard has delayed TBC past the stated time and WC3 Reforged and didn't face legal trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    It’s not a scam
    I got the Tmog and my 6 month sub expires next week. so what scam are u talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Legally obliged to release it this year, they also stated it's still coming this year. Cataclysm came out in December. It's going to be early December and raid opens after holidays.
    by offering refunds they are no longer legally obliged to release it this year.... They also clearly stated it would be released this month, clearly not the case...we can speculate all we want, bottom line is we won't know until they tell us

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    Any declared release date or projection carries very little weight now. It doesn't matter if they said Nov 23/24th or Before 2021. They already said October and then moved it. They can just move the release date again.
    Not really.

They can move it once and people will be a bit forgiving. But the more they move it, the angrier the player base gets. When they give us the next date, that'll be the date. It'd be really bad PR to move it yet again.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    There is no way they will delay it that long... the virtual blizzcon is in febuary so yea i doubt a shadowlands release will be no later than 3rd week of november./save
    /f
    /s
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Covenants, Soulbinds, Conduits, Legendaries are all major core problems.
    No - they are all medium NON core issues (just changing data around).

I'm more concerned about missing cinematics, than a few lines of data that need editing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    by threads on beta both from a programming standpoint and data standpoint.
    Sorry dude - but you need to be rational on this.

Firstly the fact that I can be called a blizzard hater and a blizzard lover on the same day pretty much sums up that those terms are just irrational reflections of some internal struggle you have.

The KEY point here is that NOTHING major is broken... literally NOTHING.

What is broken is a little bit of balance in some of the systems.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    No - they are all medium NON core issues (just changing data around).

I'm more concerned about missing cinematics, than a few lines of data that need editing.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry dude - but you need to be rational on this.

Firstly the fact that I can be called a blizzard hater and a blizzard lover on the same day pretty much sums up that those terms are just irrational reflections of some internal struggle you have.

The KEY point here is that NOTHING major is broken... literally NOTHING.

What is broken is a little bit of balance in some of the systems.
    What do you mean, missing cinematics? On beta? In the past, cinematics hasn't really been on the beta at all. Always just placeholders.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    So you're suggesting that people are honestly paying for 6 months JUST to play in pre-patch, and that not a single person who purchased the 6 month sub did so under the (rightful) impression that Blizzard gave, telling them the expansion would be released and playable within that 6 month period?

And you see absolutely no issue with that whatsoever?

Just because Blizzard is smart enough to retroactively give it to people who purchased the 6 month sub package BEFORE their announcement so as to avoid that backlash of people who just ordered one and now missed the promo, doesn't mean they didn't introduce the promo as an easy way to keep subs going during a downtime. If they then EXTENDED that downtime beyond the scope of that package, yes, I'd be rightfully pissed. I'm not paying for downtime between expansions.

(Technically I'm not paying for expansions or subs at all right now. But that's beside the point.)
    lol at the idea of people getting tired of a 16 year old game then coming back and starting a six month sub like it won't happen again almost immediately.