Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Nope. They have been giving offers like this every 6 months regardless of where the expansion is for a couple of years now.
    Except the last one wasn't 6 months ago. It was 3 months ago. They rushed this one out for a reason. Maybe that's why it's a terrible looking transmog.

- - - Updated - - -

That "firing" you talk about was almost 2 years ago. You have absolutely zero evidence of your claim
    They just recently announced they would close down their office in Paris.

and Blizzard still claims on their official site that the game is coming in 2020. I take their word over yours.
    Blizzard kept claiming that Warcraft 3 Reforged would still come in 2019 until they stopped claiming that and pushed it back to 2020.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Ill never forgive Blizzard for making both the heart of the aspects and the Grinning Reaver store exclusive mounts. Those mounts are so thematic to their expansion it feels like Blizzard removed it from the actual game and added it as store mounts. I have them now but still :/
    Almost every mount is taken from an upcoming expansion, if you look at the list of mounts. Often we only realize this after the expansion has been released. Both the Sylverian Dreamer and the Fox mount were clearly developed for Shadowlands.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naleera View Post
    Except the last one wasn't 6 months ago. It was 3 months ago. They rushed this one out for a reason. Maybe that's why it's a terrible looking transmog.
    But it isn't terrible. Taste and quality are two different things. There is no indication that it was rushed versus a planned thing. It very easily could have been a planned thing to retain people for 6-months with the launch of SL and they choose not to delay the promotion. It could be to "reset" a 6-month cycle for SL. It could be to retain people during the drought even though many would still have months left from the last package deal.

This one also lasts until December 12th where the other package deals lasted around a month. But it is hardly rushed or poor quality because some of the complaints revolve around it having ear holes, a detail that wouldn't exist if it was a terrible rushed thing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I always feel Blizzard get quite an easy ride with regards to the store mounts. You pay a monthly subscription for the game, you then pay a triple AAA boxed price for each expansion every 2 years and then they ALSO want extra for fucking mounts and transmogs. I get if you don't want it don't buy it but I feel with all that income shit like that should be just in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But it isn't terrible. Taste and quality are two different things.
    You're right. In terms of quality it's actually pretty good. In terms of taste it's horrible. It's a matter of taste, but if you like it, you just have no taste.

There is no indication that it was rushed versus a planned thing.
    I didn't say it wasn't a planned thing. Everything they do they must've planned at some point. Even last-minute planning is planning.

When I say rushed I mean that usually they'd wait 6 months before they do another 6 months promotion thing. I mean if you're asking players to sub for 6 months, it would be pretty stupid to do that every 3 months, since many players would be like "uhm... I still have 3 months active from the last promotion you did".

The original plan was most likely to have the next 6 months promotion in 3 months. Otherwise you'd be pumping these things out a bit too often. It's too much for players, even those willing to buy them would be getting to a point where they'd be like, slow down, I still have so much gametime active.

So when I say rushed I mean someone went "shit we need to get another one of those out NOW instead of in 3 months like we originally planned".

So the indication of this being "rushed" would be the fact that only 3 months have passed since the last one.

And the reason for that rush is, they know Shadowlands will still take some time to release. Lock in players now in terms of gametime, and you can make sure they'll stick around til Shadowlands releases and for the first few months of the expansion, even if it turns out that in Shadowlands, there isn't that much to do after release.
    Last edited by naleera; 2020-10-22 at 11:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're right. In terms of quality it's actually pretty good. In terms of taste it's horrible. It's a matter of taste, but if you like it, you just have no taste.
    Or you have no taste. People like different things and fashion is one of those things that are highly subjective. Transmog is proof of this with WoW. Its clear that the original plan was to have it for people to subscribe for 6-months around the launch of the next expansion. That is likely why it also extends to mid December instead of the usual 3-4 weeks. To account for the delay or the people that will pick it up at launch.

But if their target audience is people that normally subscribe for 6-months as you claim then there would no reason to panic now. Because they are giving it out for free to those who are already locked into a 6-month subscription from the last time around. There is little to indicate they released this out of panic. It likely was planned to go live around now. The only surprising thing is that they didn't delay it for the changed release date in my opinion.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    It's not an MTX, it's a loyalty reward. If you spent one second to think before you posted drivel, you'd understand the difference.
    I have been paying monthly since release (reasons). did not get loyalty rewards. IF anything I should be getting more than anyone for paying the highest.
    It has nothing to do with being loyal.
    It just looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I have been paying monthly since release (reasons). did not get loyalty rewards. IF anything I should be getting more than anyone for paying the highest.
    It has nothing to do with being loyal.
    It just looks like.
    You would have gotten a nice statue for one if that were true.

And 1 month at a time isn't loyalty even if it is every month. YOu get discounts for going more at once, this happens in pretty much all businesses. I know I gave discounts and rewards(other services) for prepaying customers.

@SirBeef yes I have it. and it seems I am just an idiot for paying monthly. and no, no one can ever convince me after all the shit blizzard pulled this whole bfa fuckfest.

and I am so fucking fed up with repeating again but I am a person who said here like2 years ago, "if blizzard packed a shit, I would pre-order it day 1 without hesitation".

This years of loyalty and admiration simply turned into disgust. I want this game to thrive, I owe so much to it but what blizzard and its shills do is simply unbearable at this point. No acceptance of any valid concerns, criticism. People who defend what blizzard does atm are the reason this game is getting worse and worse each day.

now we have transmog tab in the shop. well fucking good job. we can have low res items maybe in game. as the team will be developing high res transmog sets for real money full time. Now we will see why tier sets were removed.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have been paying monthly since release (reasons). did not get loyalty rewards. IF anything I should be getting more than anyone for paying the highest. It has nothing to do with being loyal. It just looks like.
    Something can be a loyalty reward without rewarding all loyalty. The fact they give it out to existing 6-month subscribers makes it more of a loyalty reward then anything else. They are making the statement of "Stick with us for 6-months and get a free item of $20 to $25 value.". It might not be a great loyalty system but it still is a basic one.

- - - Updated - - -

now we have transmog tab in the shop. well fucking good job. we can have low res items maybe in game. as the team will be developing high res transmog sets for real money full time. Now we will see why tier sets were removed.
    Transmog items have been sold since 2013. This isn't why tier sets are being removed. People that oppose your view are not shills or ruining the game. The reason why the game gets worse and worse is due more to players like you who seem to dislike the game a lot but still stick around. And just let their dislike fester and rot instead of just quitting and never looking back.

Something can be a loyalty reward without rewarding all loyalty. The fact they give it out to existing 6-month subscribers makes it more of a loyalty reward then anything else. They are making the statement of "Stick with us for 6-months and get a free item of $20 to $25 value.". It might not be a great loyalty system but it still is a basic one.

- - - Updated - - -

Transmog items have been sold since 2013. This isn't why tier sets are being removed. People that oppose your view are not shills or ruining the game. The reason why the game gets worse and worse is due more to players like you who seem to dislike the game a lot but still stick around. And just let their dislike fester and rot instead of just quitting and never looking back.
    how come I am the problem? I have been in love with this game since 15~16? I did all it offers. I still do what I enjoy.
    I still (try to) do m+ and raiding HC.
    I never touch wq, pet battles, and arena.
    If you do what you enjoy all the power to you.

But How can I enjoy the game, when I had to change a total of 6 guilds through this whole BFA? why does every guild is disbanding? where are people going? I am so depressed each time when we get aotc, the guild disband never to return again. Each time the stress of finding a new guild.

I have never ever had this problem. NEVER. People are leaving. How can I enjoy when others leave? if these 6 months working there would be people I could play with. They are just milking the game atm. It is dying and I am so terribly sad to see it in this state.

I have no problem with the game, systems (not in favor of borrowed powers but np), class balance etc. If you do not think all these 6 months is not a scam, shady practice whatever, if you think game is in good health, I have nothing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    You didn't get shit for free. You paid for six months of gametime.
    If I walk into a restaurant that I eat at every day, order the same meal I do every day, and they give me a pie for buying the same meal I was going to buy anyway, I'd consider that getting something for free.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    how come I am the problem?
    I already answered that. You called anyone who defends Blizzard as part of the problem just because you are currently unhappy with things. If you can't enjoy the game because you can't find a stable guild then stop playing. Blizzard delaying an product that isn't ready is not scam or a shady practice. They have done six month rewards all of BfA. If you don't like it then don't buy a 6-month time block.

You can't say most of the game is fine, except for guild stability, while trying to imply that I am bad for thinking the game is fine. Quit if you find the game to have no enjoyment or to be unhealthy. Don't buy 6-months of game time. There is no scam or shady practice unless you are addicted and unable to stop playing/paying if you are not happy. You can always come back when it is released.

But How can I enjoy the game, when I had to change a total of 6 guilds through this whole BFA? why does every guild is disbanding? where are people going? I am so depressed each time when we get aotc, the guild disband never to return again. Each time the stress of finding a new guild.
    Thats just "you" problem. Not every guild is disbanding, that is a nonsense. Actually during BfA I had more stable guilds than any other previous expansions. When you count actual people leaving.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you admit it's a matter of taste, and taste is a subjective matter, and yet you treat it as some sort of objective quality? You boggle my mind with this logic.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

I already answered that. You called anyone who defends Blizzard as part of the problem just because you are currently unhappy with things. If you can't enjoy the game because you can't find a stable guild then stop playing.
    This mind set is what makes wow empty. People are leaving. Instead of dismissing their concern you ignore and just do not play it. Sure I do not play. 1 more less person. Until when? Do not you want this game to thrive?

Quote Originally Posted by Cathfaern View Post
    New transmog set tied to 6 months sub? "Right before" a new expansion? That cannot happen. So it means they don't expect that Shadowlands is coming sooner than at least 3+ months, but rather 4-5.
    People are going to say this every time this happens? Because they've already done this 5 times. 6 month subs come with a free cosmetic item. And Asmongold is going to post the same video of him going "NO NO NO I DON'T LIKE THIS" every time

@SirBeef yes I have it. and it seems I am just an idiot for paying monthly. and no, no one can ever convince me after all the shit blizzard pulled this whole bfa fuckfest.

and I am so fucking fed up with repeating again but I am a person who said here like2 years ago, "if blizzard packed a shit, I would pre-order it day 1 without hesitation".

This years of loyalty and admiration simply turned into disgust. I want this game to thrive, I owe so much to it but what blizzard and its shills do is simply unbearable at this point. No acceptance of any valid concerns, criticism. People who defend what blizzard does atm are the reason this game is getting worse and worse each day.

Never claimed you were an idiot. As a business owner that offered a monthly, really every 5-7 week service, and even though my customer retention was 90%, I could not expect non prepaid customers to be customers after every treatment.

There is a reason you get discounts when renting if you lock yourself into a yearly lease vs month to month. There was a reason I offered discounts and gave discounted and sometimes free additional services to customers who paid for the year upfront.

Absolutely I appreciated all my customers, they all were give top quality service. But you cant count on people like you to be there month after month just because you were there last month. Offering free cosmetics to those that lock themselves in to a longer period is SOP in business.

You can cry all you want over a cosmetics tab. I think it looks awful, similarly to the SL preorder mog. But guess what? Mythic raiders and top end PvPers have been getting flashier gear since WoD. And have you seen the gear recently that is not from raids? If you really think WoW is going to go PoE and only put good looking gear(subjective anyways) you are nuts. Been hearing this slippery slope crap since the first mounts and pets were added, yet still no power, and still way more cooler mounts and pets ingame than exist on the shop.

This mind set is what makes wow empty. People are leaving. Instead of dismissing their concern you ignore and just do not play it. Sure I do not play. 1 more less person. Until when? Do not you want this game to thrive?
    The game is still thriving. What you ignore is that people also come back to the game and start playing again. It isn't a one way street.

Putting transmog on the in-game shop makes the game objectively worse.

Imagine they start putting tier-sets on there in the future.

"-Oh you could grind this out for weeks, or buy it from here instantly for 30$...."

See what Im talking about here? Its stupid and bad for the game longterm and we shouldnt enable them.

Just look at the like/dislike ratio and the comments on the video.
    Last edited by Baneto; 2020-10-23 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    Putting transmog on the in-game shop makes the game objectively worse.

Imagine they start putting tier-sets on there in the future.

"-Oh you could grind this out for weeks, or buy it from here instantly for 30$...."

See what Im talking about here? Its stupid and bad for the game longterm and we shouldnt enable them.

Just look at the like/dislike ratio and the comments on the video.
    It literally proves that insecurity and mass hysteria does exist.