Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Easiest pre-patch MM+

Hello!

So with the pre patch out I wanted to play my Prot Paladin to get used to the new gameplay, so I was thinking on going in MM+ and try to push some keys but I haven’t been playing much on BfA so I don’t know the dungeons much. I don’t really want to learn all of them so I would like to focus on one or two, so what do you think are the most easiest MM+ atm?

Thx!

Waycrest is simple.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Mechagone: Workshops
    Atal Dazar

Freehold.
    Everyone knows that dungeon very well.
    It is pretty forgiving at lower levels.
    It has some variety.
    It can drop a mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Waycrest is simple.
    I personally love Waycrest and I don't disagree with your statement but seeing as OP says he hasn't done BFA dungeons that much and wants to tank, Waycrest might be a bit confusing due to the path changing every time you go in.

Mechagon: Workshop is arguably the easiest since the path is very straight forward and doesn't really change much. I would also say Temple of Sethralis is fairly straight forward.

From my experience as a protection paladin:

Good picks
    Mechagon: Workshop
    Freehold
    Temple of Sethralis

Neutral
    Motherlode
    Kings' Rest
    Atal'Dazar

Stay away
    Tol Dagor
    Siege of Boralus
    Waycrest Manor
    Underrot
    Shrine of the Storms
    Mechagon: Junkyard

I'm assuming group that is doing low keys and thus most likely have less knowledge of the dungeons. Less experienced players tend to ninjapull more and for example in Underrot a ninjapull is easily a wipe.

Junkyard is considered an "easy key" on higher level, but I wouldn't do it as an inexperienced tank. The open layout and changing routes are pain when you are trying to figure out where to go next. Also lower experience groups don't always know about the bots...

Some of the dungeons on the stay away section have very punishing interactions with certain affixes (Bolstering Shrine or Siege, Sanguine/explosive Tol Dagor etc.)
    Last edited by Hylo; 2020-10-23 at 09:34 AM.

Im curious what do you mean with MM+ OP? I know about M+ but MM+ is new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hylo View Post
    From my experience as a protection paladin:

Good picks
    Freehold
    Temple of Sethralis

Neutral
    Motherlode
    Kings' Rest
    Atal'Dazar

Stay away
    Tol Dagor
    Siege of Boralus
    Waycrest Manor
    Underrot
    Shrine of the Storms
    Mechagon: Junkyard

(I'm assuming group that is doing low keys and thus have less knowledge of the dungeons)
    Prota pala here too. Agree with this list completely. Points to add:
    Waycrest and Junkyard is really fun, it's just path might be complicated for lack of XP.
    Shrine and Siege is not too bad but require to know pulls.
    Underrot is not too bad for a path but bosses require positioning not to screw the team over.
    Tol Dagor can go and fuck itself. Path is as bad as Waycrest, bosses have positioning requirement and you will probably fail because for some reason mobs from 3 floors above you got agroed, they keep you in combat and have 8 stacks of bolster and one shot meleed your healer when they crossed Z axis. even if they are 80 yards apart.
    Atal Dazar might be in the "stay away" category because it is a bit of everything with a tight timer.
    Others are a bit of everything - pulls, mechanics, routes of in general "fun" but they are more forgiving as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    Im curious what do you mean with MM+ OP? I know about M+ but MM+ is new to me.
    Mega Mythic+ its where you take 5 undergeared people and go for a +15.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hylo View Post
    Good picks
    Freehold
    Temple of Sethralis
    It's worth noting that unless they hotfixed it, the beams on Temple third boss are overtuned since the patch. If you don't have the DPS to blow the boss up relatively fast, they might end up being a problem. You can't survive high stacks of the beam or double beam right now, wherein in the past they were basically ignorable.

Historically Temple has been cake but I'm not sure I'd recommend it as an easier one since the patch. The rest of the dungeon is still a faceroll but that boss sucked really bad in a group with lower DPS.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I'd recommend Sethraliss, although the third boss seems overtuned right now. Freehold is good too, and people know it pretty well. I'd say also King's Rest. It's very straightforward as far as pathing goes, but there are a few spots that can get rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Waycrest is simple.
    Good joke.

I've been there dozens of times and I STILL am not sure where all the mobs are and what the best paths are.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I've been there dozens of times and I STILL am not sure where all the mobs are and what the best paths are.
    Pull the first pillar mob to the three witches (regardless of which door is opened at start) and from that spot you can move on through the instance the same way every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I'd recommend Sethraliss, although the third boss seems overtuned right now. Freehold is good too, and people know it pretty well. I'd say also King's Rest. It's very straightforward as far as pathing goes, but there are a few spots that can get rough.

Good joke.

Part of this is because it literally changes the path every week, right?

I think Temple of Sethralis is the easiest. Just a straightforward dungeon, where you do not really have to choose the optimal path to take. The fights themselves are slightly harder, but not something you cannot get used to within a few attempts.

Freehold and Atal'dazar I'd say.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Considering that in SL prot paladins are actually great at casual PVP, which is my main incentive when selecting a character, I decided to actually focus on a tanking career in SL by gearing up from M+ rather than being forced to raid like in previous expansions because being a dime-a-dozen dps means you get the ride the full RNG rollercoaster when you sign up for a group and then it begins:
    -is there anyone with higher item level also signed up?
    -is your rio score good enough?
    -is your spec a desired one for M+?
    -is there any tank wanting to join this group?
    -is there any healer wanting to join this group?
    -is there any noob in this group messing things up for everyone, causing the Russian guy to quit?

As a tank, not only people tend to overlook a certain drop in item level and rio score, but also a tank is mandatory and not that many people play tanks. So instantly you can skip a bunch of RNG elements. And as a bonus, you can spam m+ all day with like a couple of minutes in between invites, allowing you to gear up much faster than as a dps.
    Still no way to control if the Russian guy will leave or not...

Waycrest and Tol dagor is such bullshit, especially this week with teeming. Pulling through walls is very common, and it's the mobs that get in combat that starts the pull from other room.
    F. ex the stairs down in WM, from witch trio hallway, if you pull the first 2 mobs down there and want to take them up, the big pack in the left corner down there will come as well. Sometimes it's stupid to stand down there for various affix reasons, but mostly for vision.

I pray wall pulling like this is not an issue in SL dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Part of this is because it literally changes the path every week, right?
    It's not weekly. It's random every time you start the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It's not weekly. It's random every time you start the dungeon.
    Okay, a fair and even better point, considering you can run more than 1 M+ a week

What is this double M thing, new twitch meme