Is Wowhead's content Directed by Blizzard?

Sometimes it feels that way because their main guides content is extremely positive towards new features and they read as if something the official website would present. Also a GM suggested to me to go to Wowhead to solve a problem.

Oh no.
    A fansite isn't shitting on everything!

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Sometimes it feels that way because their main guides content is extremely positive towards new features and they read as if something the official website would present. Also a GM suggested to me to go to Wowhead to solve a problem.
    No, but they’re massively kissing Blizzards ass most of the time honestly. At this point they’re completely biased in everything they do, as well as coming off pretty smug as well.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Their existence depends on the wellbeing of the game.

Its "WoW"head.

It's baffling why you didn't notice.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    No, but they’re massively kissing Blizzards ass most of the time honestly. At this point they’re completely biased in everything they do, as well as coming off pretty smug as well.
    So like every fansite since the beginning of the existence of the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    The HORROR! Not everyone hates everything and people actually enjoy the game....

The report stuff. I don't really see opinion pieces on it tbh.
    Go to Youtube of you want that.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    So like every fansite since the beginning of the existence of the internet?
    Not really. I’m a complete blizzard fan-boy, but I can still be critical when they do things wrong. Difference between being a fan and a blind devotee.

I've heard only blizzard employees and their family may sign up for a user account on WoWhead.

While here on mmo-champ only Riot/EA/Big Fish/Bungie/Former Blizzard employees and their family may sign up for one. There are some who gets through without being related to any of those companies, but we, eh, they are few in numbers. Only rumours ehh, that is!

You can be positive about a videogame even when the game isn't doing too hot at the moment and the company behind it makes some greedy/weird decisions.

Want to know my secret?

Because it's a videogame i play for fun every other evening and not my fucking purpose in life.

I mean, it's a guide, I don't think the guide should start off with "Fuckin' hell another one of these fuckin' systems, alright lad just go to this boring ass desert zone to get your stupid time-gated cloak, damn I miss wrath."

I dont know Wowheads relations with Blizzard, if they got paid for the content it would make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not really appropriate to come here to complain about or discuss another fansite. If you're actually sincerely curious about the relationship, then that is a question for them rather than asking people on an unaffiliated website.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |