Any way to increase max camera distance?

I mean it feels weird. It sucks. I tested /console cameraDistanceMaxZoomFactor 2.6 and also tested the addon MaxCam, but none of them is working right now.

Do you guys know any trip for that? <3

The highest distance you can get is the one you can configure in the Interface options.

Aren't there no longer addons, scripts or so on?

nagatatory, "Unfair" advantage even though everyone could do it.

Blizzard wants us to only stare at the bosses feet in raid encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by caramel0rar0 View Post
    No, there are no longer any ways to increase the camera distance beyond what the interface panel allows. At least not any that adhere to the TOS.

You could previously run a console command which would basically just change your config file to increase the max camera distance, but Blizzard has changed it because the extra vision gave an "unfair advantage" over players with the default max camera distance.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Dont see the problem. I find the zoom to be enough. Sure in raids it might not be the best. Only think I dont like is that they removed something that was there before...Thats idiotic. Anyway range is enough for me.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Dont see the problem. I find the zoom to be enough. Sure in raids it might not be the best. Only think I dont like is that they removed something that was there before...Thats idiotic. Anyway range is enough for me.
    Its not enough for me since I'm arena player and I think PvP requires more zoom to see everything that is happening on the arena.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel0rar0 View Post
    Dynamiccam addon can change the perspective so you can see more in front of you than behind by lowering your toon towards the bottom of the screen, it's pretty useful especially if you are melee.

Not an actual zoom out though, but almost.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Dynamiccam addon can change the perspective so you can see more in front of you than behind by lowering your toon towards the bottom of the screen, it's pretty useful especially if you are melee.

Not an actual zoom out though, but almost.
    I have checked it. Not what I was looking for, but thanks anyways. May be there's no hope =S

Have they changed it with the pre-patch?

With the addon "AdvancedInterfaceOptions" you should be able to adjust the zoom to 2.6 iirc

I have to agree OP. Of all the changes Blizzard made over the years, this one is the most annoying. And everytime I stop playing and then start again I try to increase it, just to realize that that's not possible. It feels claustrophobic and hurts classes that need to have an overview, like DOT casters.

And I don't get why they changed it. Of scripts gave an unfair advantage, then why not allow everyone to increase the max zoom factor in the interface options?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Of scripts gave an unfair advantage, then why not allow everyone to increase the max zoom factor in the interface options?
    Just goes to show an unfortunate consequence of design philosophy they've moved towards over the years.

"X can do this, Y can't do this."

X and Y variables could mean just about anything in the game, whether it's two different classes, specs, spells/abilities, or in this case, two different people playing the game. From here, the devs will make a choice of how to create parity between the two variables, either:

"Reduce the functionality of X to match Y," or "Increase the functionality of Y to match X."

They must approach it on a case by case basis, of course. But in regards to the issue of the camera distance script they went with the former of the choices, which to many people was the wrong one! I mean, they could have easily altered it in the interface options as you stated but even that to me is unnecessary. Take /mouseover and /player macros for example, they give us better advantages in gameplay than camera distance, so is Blizzard going to remove those because there are people who can't or don't want to figure out how to partake? Hopefully not. Now it's on the community to show them the error of their ways.
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2020-10-23 at 01:36 PM.

blizzard limits the wierdest things

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    I used to be able to see the whole of Supremus in Black Temple. Now I stab at his kneecaps.....lol. It also helped in doing the Lucid Nightmare quest line part in Ulduar for me.

Stay safe and have fun.

Confirm, the addon works. Using it right now.