Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    Rolling Stores are far better than the damn Beatles.
    I like some of their stuff, but no, definitely not. The Rolling Stones aren't even better than The Kinks, The Who, The Moody Blues or The Beach Boys in the 60's. Roxy Music were a better band in the 70's, Bowie, Zeppelin, The Who again, Queen, Yes. Let's not talk about the Stones after the mid to late 70's.

Love for the Stones seems to be a very American thing. Vastly overrated, very uninteresting band.

Quote Originally Posted by Relikk View Post
    I like some of their stuff, but no, definitely not. The Rolling Stones aren't even better than The Kinks, The Who, The Moody Blues or The Beach Boys in the 60's. Roxy Music were a better band in the 70's, Bowie, Zeppelin, The Who again, Queen, Yes. Let's not talk about the Stones after the mid to late 70's.

Love for the Stones seems to be a very American thing. Vastly overrated, very uninteresting band.
    Controversial music take: I think British bands are generally better than American bands, at least from the 60s in rock 'n roll. Obviously Americans ruled the 50s, and have ruled since the 90s, but inbetween? The only American acts I care about from that era might be The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Michael Jackson, Prince...and that might be it?

Beatles have a lot more shit songs than good.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

I f*cking love Nickelback!

I don't like Hans Zimmer's music and I don't get why he's so popular. His music is forgettable ambience. I guess the only tracks I liked from him were Oogway's theme, and I guess No Time For Caution.

I don't like rap. Or most contemporary western pop music.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    If you don't like rap or jazz you're probably a racist
    If you think this qualifies for racism, you’re probably an actual racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Classical music represents the height of Western civilization and one of its greatest gifts to humanity.

Jazz is the greatest genre of music born in America.

The screaming bimbos that are popular nowadays should take lessons from the likes of Ella Fitzgerald, Patsy Cline, Mama Cass Elliott, Karen Carpenter and Annie Lennox who were able to deliver emotions without wailing like banshees. And acting like bimbos.

"Some people want to fill the world with silly love songs. What's wrong with that?" Well, subjects other than sex and superficial teenage flings would be nice sometimes.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Dream Theater stuff is often ruined by the lyrical content being /r/im14andthisisdeep material.
    As someone who thinks they haven't made a great album in over 15 years I would also add that once they bought into their own hype as 'masters of prog' and started taking their music into that direction, they got a lot worse. You can definitely hear a change in their music over the years where in the beginning the instrumental sections, while playful and fun, served a greater purpose within the song but eventually they started becoming more detached and the songwriting felt like an afterthought to attach 4-5 minutes of soloing to a 'real' song.

Actually up through Thousand Suns Linkin Park is still very good, and Faint is still my favorite song.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most modern mainstream music is horrible. Mostly pop and hip-hop/rap music. It's soulless and all sounds the same.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

The Beatles are pretty trash.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Elvis Presley is highly overrated.
    I agree. Also, as someone who lives in Memphis, 99% of people who live here have never been/care to go to Graceland.

10+ Year Old Account
    While lyrics can enhance the moment if they are related to whats going on in a game or movie, i really dont give a shit about lyrics in music as long as it sounds good. They could be singing about literaly dog shit and i would be down if it had a good beat.

Also in the context of game music, classic "video game-y" tunes like you would hear from MegaMan or Sonic are vastly supperior to the majority of modern tripe-A titles that try to go for a movie-score symphonic soundtrack. Not saying they dont fit those games, but they lack a vast majority of the charm that will make you remember them 20 years later.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2020-10-23 at 03:14 PM.

Metal is not music.
    Rap is not music.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Actually up through Thousand Suns Linkin Park is still very good, and Faint is still my favorite song.
    I agree with this take, but id even wager to say, their final album had some very good tracks.

Also they are drip releasing a bunch of Demos and original cuts on Youtube. Some of the demos sound nothing like the original release, and it's freaking awesome.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Rush and Fleetwood Mac are grossly overrated.

Individually, they are good to great musicians, but each band, when together, makes a giant ball of mediocrity that gets placed on a pedestal for some reason.
    They are the color beige and the world is every interior wall in a house; for some reason, people just like this boring, formulaic, and overall uninspiring junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    The Beatles, Rolling Stones and Eagles are over rated. I recognize their contribution to music, but I don't think their songs are as great as people claim them to be.
    I think the Rolling Stones are vastly overrated. All they ever did was playing variations of Rock'n'Roll songs. They never evolved as artists.

Quite the opposite of the Beatles, their productivity and creativity during their eight years of existence is still unmatched.

Singles: 63, 20 of which were placed at the top of the charts
    EPs: 25
    Studio albums: 13
    Music videos: 67

Movies: A Hard Day's Night, Help!, Magical Mystery Tour, Yellow Submarine, Let It Be

in addition to more than 100 live concerts.
    They were the first band to play a concert in a stadium (Shea Stadium New York 1965), their moviel "Help!" by Richard Lester was the inspiration for the MTV founders to make music televison.

They are, to this day a key inspiration to the greats of Rock music. You just can not underrate their influence on modern culture as we know it.

Metallica is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    If you don't like rap or jazz you're probably a racist
    That's one of the most retarded things i've ever heard.

My opinion: There is no album in existence that is consistently good from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    While lyrics can enhance the moment if they are related to whats going on in a game or movie, i really dont give a shit about lyrics in music as long as it sounds good. They could be singing about literaly dog shit and i would be down if it had a good beat.
    Amen, and I'll take it a step further. Nothing wrong with liking music that you can't even understand, such a K/JPop. Even that manufactured assembly line that is KPop industry has catchier songs than most of the things I've heard on the top charts over the past few years.

Talking in rhyme over random noises is not music.