Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhell View Post
    Most likely release date is December 8th.
    or the 15th, It'll be the same date FFXIV releases their next patch (5.4).

Quote Originally Posted by treekush View Post
    With no new date yet given, i would think november is out the window and december unlikely due to the holidays.

Sure they could do jan but i doubt it since i feel like a lot is being redisgned that spring is looking more then likely
    Pre patch needs to be out 2 or 3 weeks before launch. You do want the raids/launch during christmas. So either half november pre patch, launch early ( week 1) december. Raids after christmas.

Or indeed it might be longer. But do not know what people thinks need to be fixed ( if its a lot of work).

But if they smart they push it to 2021. November will have cyberpunk, watch dogs londen, assasins creed vikings and 2 new console's.
    So if i was them, push it into 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by pepine View Post
    With the recent new 6 month promo scam wouldn't be surprised if it is spring.
    .......do not want a infraction.......sigh.........

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Cute PR statement. WoD and BfA begs to differ.
    Release when its ready, not before.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Legally obliged to release it this year, they also stated it's still coming this year. Cataclysm came out in December. It's going to be early December and raid opens after holidays.
    They are not legally obliged. Having a release date and missing it is not legally binding .
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Which is supported by exactly silch from the quarterly reports spanning the expansion's timeframe.

The franchise is in trouble the same way it's been dead for the past 15 years according to MMO-C.
    You’re the biggest BFA white Knight. You’ve got to be kidding me if you don’t see any decline in gaming population since BfA started.

Also those quarterly reports cover other games. Which are carrying wow. During BFA.

CoD 125 million mau.
    King 271 million mau.
    Blizzard (wow and hearthstone combined) 32 million mau.

Yeah you’re wrong.
    Last edited by Weeps; 2020-10-23 at 01:17 PM.

I have a gut feeling we will get a dev update today before the weekend. At least within tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsamane View Post
    I get the feeling we will hear something on the old release date.
    Yeah ditto! I hope it will be this year, but my best bet is, that it will be sometime next year .....

It is most certainly a December release now, my guess is they announce it when the pre-expansion events begin.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    If they don't know today when it will be ready with enough certanty to announce a date then i feel like it most likely wont come 2020.

Because realisticly, if they were aiming for a early December release, surely by now, the 23rd of October they should be pretty fucking sure if they will be able to meet it or not.
    Pretty much this. As i said Before, they simply cant afford to Release a expansion that's received like BFA was. Better to take a small PR hit on a delayed product. It is 2020 after all and delays are now the "New Normal"
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    No they do not. There is no universal US law that states you have to meet a vague release goal. Cyberpunk 2077 delayed with out facing US court system. Blizzard has delayed TBC past the stated time and WC3 Reforged and didn't face legal trouble.
    https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/busi...elephone-order

Doesn't matter if it's physical or digital delivery. Very strong consumer protection and companies don't get to screw around. Basically if they don't ship by the end of the year they must send pre-order money back unless they get explicit permission from each customer to delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    *snip of nonsense*.
    No, I'm not. I'm literally going by the official MAU's and what they've written about WoW's performance, as well as them referring to WoW as one of their flagship franchises as a justification for adding more developers.
    Not making up numbers in my head to support a narrative =/= being a white knight. I've never been as critical of the game as during BfA due to their decisions, but I won't subscribe to your kind of pathetic delusion.

Get over yourself, your inane bitching is of no consequence. Welcome to the uBlock script.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-10-23 at 01:39 PM.

I still believe (and hope) we will see it before the new year. I of course want a full finished and working game but I'd love it as soon as that's possible and I'd be surprised if it got pushed back as far as spring.

I've not logged into the beta and tried to watch as little as I can of it as I like to go into new expansions fresh, so I have no idea how all the big issues delaying release are now coming along. Are things in the beta looking more ready? or are we still a long way off.
    This feels like a better way to guess the release date, rather than just ruling out November and December because it has a holiday in it.

You’re the biggest BFA white Knight. You’ve got to be kidding me if you don’t see any decline in gaming population since BfA started.

Also those quarterly reports cover other games. Which are carrying wow. During BFA.

CoD 125 million mau.
    King 271 million mau.

Yeah you’re wrong.
    I'm more confused how you think this makes a point.

CoD literally lists +75M of those MAUs to Warzone, the Free to play battle royale.

And King literally thrives on F2P games. So...what's your point here? Not having to spend money to play the game draws in more of a crowd?

You also completely ignored that Blizzard's income wasn't that far off from King's despite the huge difference in MAU.

Most importantly though, all you did was list numbers. One of which you admitted isn't even reflective of just WoW. In an attempt to prove a "decline" of WoW. It really proves absolutely nothing in that regard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Just because Blizzard is smart enough to retroactively give it to people who purchased the 6 month sub package BEFORE their announcement so as to avoid that backlash of people who just ordered one and now missed the promo, doesn't mean they didn't introduce the promo as an easy way to keep subs going during a downtime. If they then EXTENDED that downtime beyond the scope of that package, yes, I'd be rightfully pissed. I'm not paying for downtime between expansions.
    Blizzard has always done the 6-month free item retroactively for people currently on a 6-month subscription. It isn't something they just did for this promotion. If you are not paying for downtime between expansions then why did are they buying a subscription in the first place that is doing exactly that? Don't buy it. There is no scam. You keep trying to blame Blizzard for tricking customers yet all your arguments is putting the blame on the customer.

Because if they don't want to play then don't pay. Don't blame Blizzard because a person pays while not wanting to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/busi...elephone-order

Doesn't matter if it's physical or digital delivery. Very strong consumer protection and companies don't get to screw around. Basically if they don't ship by the end of the year they must send pre-order money back unless they get explicit permission from each customer to delay.
    That has nothing to do with a legal requirement to release a digital product but to ship physical goods. The only thing this could apply to is physical orders from Blizzard and not digital releases. It can also be argued that Blizzard has already shipped the product because pre-orders have been playing with parts of it.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-10-23 at 03:27 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Pre patch needs to be out 2 or 3 weeks before launch. You do want the raids/launch during christmas. So either half november pre patch, launch early ( week 1) december. Raids after christmas.

Or indeed it might be longer. But do not know what people thinks need to be fixed ( if its a lot of work).
    Pre-patch is already out. The only thing not released is the pre-pach event. They have said that is two weeks but they can reduced it to one week if they so choose.

Also, more games are releasing in 2021. So it doesn't matter when they release it. They will be up against other games. They will push it out in 2020 because they do not want the bad PR that comes with a 2nd delay.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Cute PR statement. WoD and BfA begs to differ.
    Yea, not to mention they can't just leave us in a prepatch til spring with nothing to do if they want a playerbase, how silly of OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Pretty much this. As i said Before, they simply cant afford to Release a expansion that's received like BFA was. Better to take a small PR hit on a delayed product. It is 2020 after all and delays are now the "New Normal"
    BFA was profitable. They absolutely can afford it.

CoD 125 million mau.
    King 271 million mau.

Yeah you’re wrong.
    im sorry, what the hell was this supposed to prove?
    that wow have less players than CoD which have over 100m? bcs wow (and i would say all blizz games combined) NEVER had that high mau... so how is it a proof wow is on decline during BFA?

Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    I thought blizzard stated that the expansion will still be a 2020 release?
    They also said the same thing with WC3R release, didn't stop them from completely ignoring it and releasing many months after promised.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    I thought blizzard stated that the expansion will still be a 2020 release?
    Blizzard says a lot of things and a lot of it turns out to be not true so I wouldn't be surprised if they were like "sorry guys, but we underestimated the amount of work that needs to be done still so we're delaying it again until sometime early 2021". It really would not surprise me.

If the release date turns out to be a 2021 date I'd be ok with it. A little annoyed but I'd still rather have a game that feels like it's actually done than a game that is rushed out the door and is still broken and buggy just to get in the hands of impatient people. I have PLENTY of other games and hobbies to keep me busy and entertained so I wouldn't be worried about it.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe