Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd say Blizz is good for 6 months cause you bought its recent transmog deal.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    BFA was profitable. They absolutely can afford it.
    BFA is widely considered one of the worst expansions ever made. They bled subs . It was garbage . There is no way in hell Blizzard can afford, reputation wise or monetarily , another BFA . Especially directly after this last debacle. If they release this expansion too early with too many flaws. they will never live it down .
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Not true. They still have time to announce it and still come out in December. They have until the 2nd week of November to still be able to release in December. Both the pre-patch event and release date would be announced at the same time and the event only takes two weeks.
    Yet if this was the case and they woudlve announced a release by early december. Yet they havent... Which means they are still unsure when they CAN release the expansion.

and my logic is that if they are still unsure when they CAN release it even today. That would indicate that they have alot of stuff left to do. Its not in their marketing interest to hold on the release date for no reason.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more amazed this thread didn't appear the day the new 6 month promo started.

And it's also 100% BS. There isn't enough wrong in Shadowlands to push the game back an entire half a year. Maybe into January if they decide to get frisky and redesign a Zone or something, but for sure this will be out before March.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    November is heaped up on games I need to play so if Shadowlands is pushed back until Spring then I am all for it lol

For FFXIV players, a release that comes before or after early December would be ideal. That's why the late October release date sounded cool. If theories are correct and they aim for early December, players will have to choose between expansion launch and new FFXIV raid tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantos View Post
    According to the ingame calender, the first Shadowlands dungeon event is on february 3rd, so id say january 5th release.
    That has already been debunked
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Don't they have to refund people's money if they release after 12/31/2020?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Cute PR statement. WoD and BfA begs to differ.
    Perfect example of why they should release when done and not before. Thanks for making the point.

They took preorders with a "2020 release" promised. If they don't get it out before the end of the year, they'll face legal problems, particularly in Europe.

It was one of the reasons the Doom Eternal soundtrack thing happened, ID had to get the soundtrack out ASAP because they promised it in the preorders.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    If Warcraft 3 refunded is anything to go by they'll release it on the last day they're allowed to without breaking consumer protection laws. They stated a 2020 release, I think they have at most one month leniency so the latest would be somewhere in january.

One should hope it'll be in a better state than Wc3:R.
    They've already offered refunds regarding consumer protection laws, they're not entitled to do anything more than that now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    They're already providing refunds.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Pre-patch is already out. The only thing not released is the pre-pach event. They have said that is two weeks but they can reduced it to one week if they so choose.

Also, more games are releasing in 2021. So it doesn't matter when they release it. They will be up against other games. They will push it out in 2020 because they do not want the bad PR that comes with a 2nd delay.
    Sigh.....you and everyone else knew/knows what i am talking about. Yes , they could shorten the pre patch event.

2nd delay bad pr...have you ever heard of a little title called cyberpunk. And if they launch a more complete shadowlands it would be better as a broken shadowlands.

And your: but in 2021 there are also games. Yes, hitman 3 in januari , and farcry 6 in februari. So thats 2 whole games, and would even argue that hitman will and is a great game. But its a more niche game then the other games. If you read my list ( the part you did not qoute) you see if they launch shadowlands near the end of november/early december they will be up against 3 HUGE AAA hype titles and 2!!!!!!! freaking new console's ( with games on them 2). Hell even final fantasy has a launch in december i think.

This all does not mean they should not, or should release it. Or that its stupid or smart. I am just saying, the competition is extremly heavy. And every fault they launch with because they want to rush it and launch it with all these titles. Will make the game look more broken next to all this big as gaming titles.

Let me put it this way: if you could play valhala, cyberpunk or 1 of the 2 new consoles or watch dogs legion or a broken, not really done product called shadowlands...what will you choose?

They don't have to. But they will be obligated to, when requested. Thing is, they already do it.

Quote Originally Posted by LorDC View Post
    They don't have to. But they will be obligated to, when requested. Thing is, they already do it.
    Actually they do have to in many countries or they face still penalties due to consumer laws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    November is heaped up on games I need to play so if Shadowlands is pushed back until Spring then I am all for it lol
    Exactly my feeling.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Let me put it this way: if you could play valhala, cyberpunk or 1 of the 2 new consoles or watch dogs legion or a broken, not really done product called shadowlands...what will you choose?
    Shadowlands.Because single player game can wait and does not revolves around keeping in touch with your guildmates to be ready for raiding

I think they'll fall back to their original "On or before December 31st" release date.

Spring? Sign me in, enough time to play through all the new releases before SL comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    I'd say Blizz is good for 6 months cause you bought its recent transmog deal.
    you do know that Hearthstone probably makes more money than WoW with just subs right? lol....

- - - Updated - - -

They already offered to refund people... technically they don't have to release it this year at all, they offered all of us an "out".

Quote Originally Posted by steellz View Post
    you do know that Hearthstone probably makes more money than WoW with just subs right? lol....

- - - Updated - - -
    I didn't say slaves wouldn't pay more if just wow team dared to charge more, but for HS that game has been a money grab from the beginning and it has a community that endorses that.