Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I completely forgot how Alliance hates weapons of mass destruction.

Although its impossible for a mage to be tried for war crimes since he would just cast mass alzheimer and teleport away.
    People can be hypocritical. That wasn't the point brought up. Also, whatever you tried to link was deleted off IMGUR, might I suggest img.bb as an alternative hosting site?

So much better.
    I didn't say it was? I directly referred to a famous fictional serial killer for a reason, dude. Although if you want to split hairs, yes, only desecrating a corpse is marginally less immoral than desecrating both a corpse and a soul.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    People can be hypocritical. That wasn't the point brought up. Also, whatever you tried to link was deleted off IMGUR, might I suggest img.bb as an alternative hosting site?
    Works for me.

Anyway, its the firestorm that human mages created to wipe out troll army.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Again your just wrong there’s nothing more to it then that. You can make up your own head canon and try and pick and choose what parts are canon and what’s not but it’s not up to you and you’ll never stop being wrong.
    There's literally zero "head canon" lmao. All the facts are straight in the game, your blatant ignorance refuses you to admit that you're wrong. Grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    There's literally zero "head canon" lmao. All the facts are straight in the game, your blatant ignorance refuses you to admit that you're wrong. Grow up.
    The irony is rather palpable when you claim others are ignorant Or need to grow up while pretending that the actual canon doesn’t count just because it doesn’t mesh with your head canon.

You realize when the tree was evacuated is irrelevant, right?

Also again, Sylvanas intentionally burned down the entire tree with the desire to wipe out all of the Night elves.

It's genocide. Just like she wanted to kill literally every other race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    I assume, based on nothing at all that it comes down to the source of magic and the mechanics of the reanimation.

Death magic necromancy, like the Scourge, forces the soul back into the body and forces it to follow the will of the necromancer.

Void magic however simply makes the body move again without touching the soul.

Just my headcanon.
    All forms of necromancy are targeted at the body, not the soul.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You realize when the tree was evacuated is irrelevant, right?

Also again, Sylvanas intentionally burned down the entire tree with the desire to wipe out all of the Night elves.

It's genocide. Just like she wanted to kill literally every other race.
    That's called war.
    In a game with literally "WAR" in the title, I don't think it's fair to add-in the Geneva Convention and start pointing fingers accordingly.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

The irony is rather palpable when you claim others are ignorant Or need to grow up while pretending that the actual canon doesn’t count just because it doesn’t mesh with your head canon.
    I never said it didn't count, I said it was from a certain perspective which is confirmed by Blizzard. The only lore that's 100% is what you experience as a player character.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    That's called war.
    In a game with literally "WAR" in the title, I don't think it's fair to add-in the Geneva Convention and start pointing fingers accordingly.
    A war that Sylvanas started.

The rest isn't really relevant, as titles aren't the end all to what the game is, especially considering since the start of Vanilla the game has been about "banding together, Horde and Alliance".

either way, this is going far off topic at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    I never said it didn't count, I said it was from a certain perspective which is confirmed by Blizzard. The only lore that's 100% is what you experience as a player character.
    Again your just wrong on multiple fronts. The ingame lore isn’t 100% accurate and no matter how many times you try and lie about the perspective thing it has no Baring on any books short story’s or other media out side of chronicles which it was solely directed to.

But even if it did apply to those things it would still be the actual canon until changed by future lore.

You can try and mince words all you want it doesn’t change what the actual canon is or how it works And it doesn’t change that ignoring parts of the actual canon because you don’t like how events played out is you making up your own head canon.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2020-10-23 at 05:21 PM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    All forms of necromancy are targeted at the body, not the soul.

- - - Updated - - -

That's called war.
    War and genocide aren't the same thing. You seem to be confusing the general concept of "war crimes" which the much broader and pre-existing concept of genocide.

This has nothing to do with the Geneva Convention, and it takes an immense and astonishing ignorance of history to suggest that it does. It's a matter of morality, and has been for an extremely long time. No-one currently in senior leadership positions in the Horde or Alliance thinks genocide is acceptable.

Sylvanas' actions are arguable as genocide or not, depending largely on how many Night Elves you believe are where (if you think 90% are in that tree, it's easy to call it "genocide" - if you think it's more like 30% or less it's likely to just be a "massacre of civilians", because she made no follow up attempts to track down and destroy remaining NE populations, which is a hallmark of genocide (even more than large single massacres). They're certainly a brutal and essentially unprovoked massacre of civilians, which has never really been okay in war (unless they refused to give in to a siege, which wasn't the case here - they didn't offer a chance to surrender or the like). You can read about Roman legions getting decimated (or worse) for massacring civilians, and as you go through history, it gets more and more unacceptable.

Given most WoW characters (Horde and Alliance) have moralities similar to those in the 20th century (or even 21st), it's unlikely to be generally seen as acceptable. Perhaps in a long and extremely hard-fought war, this might have been considered okay as an attempt to "break the will" of an enemy who had themselves attacked civilians, but that wasn't the situation.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Again your just wrong on multiple fronts. The ingame lore isn’t 100% accurate and no matter how many times you try and lie about the perspective thing it has no Baring on any books short story’s or other media out side of chronicles which it was solely directed to.

But even if it did apply to those things it would still be the actual canon until changed by future lore.

You can try and mince words all you want it doesn’t change what the actual canon is or how it works And it doesn’t change that ignoring parts of the actual canon because you don’t like how events played out is you making up your own head canon.
    You're the only one here twisting factual information to fit the narrative you want it to fit. Enjoy having a one-sided argument lmao.
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    A war that Sylvanas started.

The rest isn't really relevant, as titles aren't the end all to what the game is, especially considering since the start of Vanilla the game has been about "banding together, Horde and Alliance".

either way, this is going far off topic at this point.
    Sylvanas started a war Vs Orcs & Humans, when the Orcs invaded the planet??
    Nope. That's all completely care-bear, goodie-good, non-sense.
    The very opening scene for vanilla is about "10,000 years of war".
    Pansy
    Last edited by Violent; 2020-10-23 at 05:56 PM.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're the only one here twisting factual information to fit the narrative you want it to fit. Enjoy having a one-sided argument lmao.
    Why don’t you prove it then? it should be really easy to site blizzard saying the game is 100% on the mark for what the lore is or that all of the other media is from some other perspective that’s right?

Or is this where you ghost the thread because you know your wrong?

Pansy
    What are you talking about? The cinematic of Vanilla only mentions the 4 years of peace between the Alliance and Horde after the events of WC3, and how that tenuous peace is ending.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    War and genocide aren't the same thing. You seem to be confusing the general concept of "war crimes" which the much broader and pre-existing concept of genocide.

This has nothing to do with the Geneva Convention, and it takes an immense and astonishing ignorance of history to suggest that it does. It's a matter of morality, and has been for an extremely long time. No-one currently in senior leadership positions in the Horde or Alliance thinks genocide is acceptable.

Sylvanas' actions are arguable as genocide or not, depending largely on how many Night Elves you believe are where (if you think 90% are in that tree, it's easy to call it "genocide" - if you think it's more like 30% or less it's likely to just be a "massacre of civilians", because she made no follow up attempts to track down and destroy remaining NE populations, which is a hallmark of genocide (even more than large single massacres). They're certainly a brutal and essentially unprovoked massacre of civilians, which has never really been okay in war (unless they refused to give in to a siege, which wasn't the case here - they didn't offer a chance to surrender or the like). You can read about Roman legions getting decimated (or worse) for massacring civilians, and as you go through history, it gets more and more unacceptable.

Given most WoW characters (Horde and Alliance) have moralities similar to those in the 20th century (or even 21st), it's unlikely to be generally seen as acceptable. Perhaps in a long and extremely hard-fought war, this might have been considered okay as an attempt to "break the will" of an enemy who had themselves attacked civilians, but that wasn't the situation.
    To keep putting in your own living standards of a real world, to a fantasy world is completely subjective.
    It's not supposed to be "genocide from Earth".
    It's Azeroth, with Walking&Talking Cows..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    What are you talking about? The cinematic of Vanilla only mentions the 4 years of peace between the Alliance and Horde after the events of WC3, and how that tenuous peace is ending.
    Didn't really think I'd have to do this but. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlVSJ0AvZe0

Such a peaceful, fun loving faction of flower pickers, Yeah?

To keep putting in your own living standards of a real world, to a fantasy world is completely subjective.
    It's not supposed to be "genocide from Earth".
    It's Azeroth, with Walking&Talking Cows..

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't really think I'd have to do this but. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlVSJ0AvZe0

Such a peaceful, fun loving faction of flower pickers, Yeah?
    No dear, that's not what you said. You said the cinematic focuses on these supposed "10.000 years of war", which it doesn't at all. It only mentions the 4 years of peace after the Third War.

And had you played WC3, you'd know that the New Horde, which is the Horde of WoW, was founded on the ideals of peace and honor and vowed not to descend into madness and fury again.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

The real definition is relevant because you can't call it genocide if it's not genocide lol. It's very different than a word in a fake language that has a translated meaning that actually means something lol. That would be like saying Spanish words don't exist.

They really weren't. You saw, in an alliance quest where you helped evacuate the tree, that they didn't even start evacuations until AFTER the tree was already on fire.
    Genocide - the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group.

Tell me how what Sylvanas did to Teldrassil doesn't fit this definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    Genocide - the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group.

Not to mention her end goal is omnicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post

Nice google search, now here's the actual definition: Genocide: acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnic, racial or religious group. Her intent wasn't to "destroy" a group of people. Her intent was to capture the capital to prevent the Alliance from using the strategic location against her. Before jumping into the middle of a conversation, go read through it .
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Pansy
    The very opening scene that talks about how the Horde and Alliance banded together against the Burning Legion.

Just like they did against C'thun. Just like they did against foes in BC. Just like they did in Wrath against the LK. Just like they did against Deathwing. Just like they ended up doing against Garrosh.

Need I go on? The fact that "war" is in the title doesn't mean the game is about Alliance vs Horde. Wars are fought against invaders/threats to Azeroth all the time. Your tangent has little to do with actually proving anything.