Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hellfire Citadel officially nerfed?

I decided to enter and do a boss to see the sell price of the items. The highest item, a dagger, sells for 25 gold. The rest are between 8 and 18 gold.

I can't remember the values from before, but surely it used to be higher than this? Has anyone done a full clear to see the final value of all things sold + the boss gold?

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I decided to enter and do a boss to see the sell price of the items. The highest item, a dagger, sells for 25 gold. The rest are between 8 and 18 gold.

I can't remember the values from before, but surely it used to be higher than this? Has anyone done a full clear to see the final value of all things sold + the boss gold?
    Ouch! I used to make some lovely gold when I was running it 24 times a week farming the mount. I was just outside Throne of Thunder a bit ago taming Nalak on my hunter. I should have gone in and seen what the drops were selling for.

Stay safe and have fun!

All old raid gold got nerfed, not just HFC.

Like the above poster says, gold values on old raids have been nerfed across the board. This was a known change for some time.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have repair costs also gone down, fairly, then?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Have repair costs also gone down, fairly, then?
    If you need to farm old raids to cover your repair bills, you're doing something seriously wrong

I dont think it was the raids per say that were nerfed.

With the lowering of ilevel from gear, the price lowered with it.
    So all gear now vendors for less. Quests, Dungeons, etc. You just see this more so in raids cause you go in looking at the gold price.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post

WoD, sadly, has joined the other raids in the realm of nerfed gold per item. BRF runs used to be about 15-25 mins per run (depending on how fast your character could move) for 2K gold. Now it’s much cheaper.
    From what I’ve seen, it seems like even Legion took a bit of a hit as well. I used to run Nighthold on multiple difficulties because it only takes about 25-40 minutes (again depending on how fast your character is) and used to net about 2-2.5k gold. The last few times I e ran it I’ve earned about 1.5-1-7k. Not as big of a hit but definitely noticeable. Plus the Legion ones take longer now with AoE cap and not being able to skip most mobs due to level difference only being 3 instead of 10.
    It’s unfortunate.

FYI - plain questing is more profitable now than actually clearing old raids. If you want to make a lot of money, just stay in chromie time and lock exp at lvl49 and spam quest on all expansions. All gear and quest gold reward scales to your lvl.

i suspected this would come sooner or later so im not surprised, i wonder how much that mace from tyrant that was worth nearly100g is worth now

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    FYI - plain questing is more profitable now than actually clearing old raids. If you want to make a lot of money, just stay in chromie time and lock exp at lvl49 and spam quest on all expansions. All gear and quest gold reward scales to your lvl.
    how much golds income exactly would it net you from doing them all?

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    how much golds income exactly would it net you from doing them all?
    I am not sure but I just leveled an ally race DK that I had before the pre-patch so I started him at lvl 24. Until lvl 40s I had like 2k gold from vendoring trash and quest rewards and 2 hours later, I dinged 50 with 7k. Thats from questing in azsuna + a part of vals only.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    I am not sure but I just leveled an ally race DK that I had before the pre-patch so I started him at lvl 24. Until lvl 40s I had like 2k gold from vendoring trash and quest rewards and 2 hours later, I dinged 50 with 7k. Thats from questing in azsuna + a part of vals only.
    That is pretty good... better than before where those quests giving you dogshit silvers/ barely a gold item to vendor and coins rewarding. Did you stack with those mop treasures as well or those got nerfed as well?
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2020-10-23 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    That is pretty good... better than before where those quests giving you dogshit silvers/ barely a gold item to vendor and coins rewarding. Did you stack with those mop treasures as well or those got nerfed as well?
    just did a quick test while questing in chromie time for WOD, my quest turn in reward was +22 gold when I was lvl 49 right before hitting 50. When I hit 50 got kicked out of chromie time and quests scaled back to normal, the same quest was giving 16 gold. thats almost 1/3rd decrease and assuming something similar for vendor price of trash also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, used to make between 2900 and 3200g per run now it's worth about 1400g per run... not even worth doing anymore.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Yup, used to make between 2900 and 3200g per run now it's worth about 1400g per run... not even worth doing anymore.
    How long does it take to clear? An hour? more or less? 1400g in that amount of time isn't bad.

Fun fact, it’s not just the raids that got reduced vendor price on gear. I went back and started doing the Artifact Weapon and main storyline quests in Legion and noticed that an item might show 45g in the selection process, but once you choose it then it drops to a 20-25g vendor price.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    How long does it take to clear? An hour? more or less? 1400g in that amount of time isn't bad.
    clearing old raids? Anywhere between 10 and 30 minutes. As a few have stated, this wasn't a nerf of the raid, but the ilevel calculation of gold value. Lower ilevel = lower value overall. Still worth it in the relative sense because they also reduced the cost of stuff in those expansions accordingly through BFA, so while the number is smaller, it's relative value % is the same. 1400 g is the new 2900g

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    1% of a token in an hour isn't bad?

100 hours to farm a token isn't bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    clearing old raids? Anywhere between 10 and 30 minutes. As a few have stated, this wasn't a nerf of the raid, but the ilevel calculation of gold value. Lower ilevel = lower value overall. Still worth it in the relative sense because they also reduced the cost of stuff in those expansions accordingly through BFA, so while the number is smaller, it's relative value % is the same. 1400 g is the new 2900g
    Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Factsbeforefeelings View Post
    1% of a token in an hour isn't bad?

100 hours to farm a token isn't bad?
    Is it the most profitable or time efficient? No, but i never claimed it was. There are far more profitable and time efficient alternatives to earning gold if that is your primary purpose for doing something.

No one I know, or heard of, that were buying tokens was using a single raid to farm the gold to buy a token anyway. They used multiple methods, many of which are far more profitable than farming old raids.

As someone who only plays this game for fun and has no intention of farming gold to pay for a token (because it's simply not worth the time spent to me), earning ~1500g in 30-60 minutes when I'm there for transmogs or just to see the old raids is a nice little bonus.