Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Joe Biden is currently outlining his plan to deal with the coronavirus if hes made President.

Imagine that, a clear plan that follows science instead of angry denial tweets. Thats leadership.
    Sadly only to some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

I would be amiss if I don’t mention some of these states.

My state California is at 5,802,511 (40% of 2016 total vote count). By the time this election is done, GOP may only have 3 congressional districts left in California (1, 22 and 23).

Iowa is at 685,236 (43.3% of 2016 total vote count). Surprisingly, Dem is ahead by 20 pts. I thought Iowa is Trump's country. That's a pretty large gap at over 40% in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Milo Y is very upset with this plan. He's raging on twitter about it!

https://twitter.com/nero

I love this game

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post

My state California is at 5,802,511 (40% of 2016 total vote count). By the time this election is done, GOP may only have 3 congressional districts left in California (1, 22 and 23).

Iowa is at 685,236 (43.3% of 2016 total vote count). Surprisingly, Dem is ahead by 20 pts. I thought Iowa is Trump's country. That's a pretty large gap at over 40% in.
    back on topic.

I really want to see how the early independent voters split. I just know it wont be 50/50
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2020-10-23 at 08:49 PM.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Saw those numbers, thought of Ernst, made me smile. thank you sir!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    I really want to see how the early independent voters split. I just know it wont be 50/50
    From looking at lots of polls, it's most consistently between 55-60/40-45 split for Biden/Trump.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Kelly vs McSally Senate race in Arizona seems to be tightening up.

https://twitter.com/RepClayHiggins/s...15219216674817

My wife has the gift of premonition.
    Last night she dreamed that Federal squads were in our home seizing guns, knives, “unauthorized foods” and stored water. They said we had been “reported”.
    Becca awoke crying.
    What happened to our freedom? She asked.
    What indeed.
    Reminder that the Republican party has largely given up any pretense of sanity or seriousness. We're not taking to treating dreams as literal predictions of the future.

Shit, my future's gonna be real fuckin weird, and involve some time traveling back to classes that I took in high school that were somehow also taking place in college. And I didn't do any of the classwork by the time finals rolled around.

Man, the future's gonna be weird. How about the rest of you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    From looking at lots of polls, it's most consistently between 55-60/40-45 split for Biden/Trump.
    Update: Recent polls...

Global Strategy has Independents at 39/31 for Biden.
    Quinnipac has Independents at 47/37 for Biden.
    Morning Consult has Independents at 49/38 for Biden.
    Ipsos has Independents at 47/30 for Biden.
    SurveyUSA has Independents at 52/36 for Biden.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Ehhhh, consider the source. Those pollsters don't get very good grades. Monmouth is A+ and had it at +6-10 for Kelly last week, IIRC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, it's just spam from bad polls.

Look, higher quality polls only come out like once every 10 days or so. Wait for the next A/A+ polls to come out in a few days.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Earlier in the year before the Democrat nominee was chosen, I predict that nominee to pull in more than 70m votes meanwhile, I predict Trump to fall just shy of 60m.

I base this on recent history:

Incumbents lose about 5% support barring outside influence. The two exceptions there were bush Sr who lost 20% due to third party candidate and bush Jr who gained 20% due to 9/11 and war on terror.

When a Republican is in the White House, there is a surge of Democrat voting during that election which seems to hold for future elections.

So overall, I would expect 120m votes cast.

Now that I’m seeing predictions of potentially 150m votes cast, that tells me either A, the blue wave is going to be like the one in the movie Interstellar. B, Trump is going to have the unprecedented chance of running a terrible presidency and actually gaining more support than he had in 2016 (but I still think he loses).

I will be very scared for the country if he actually GAINS support over 2016 numbers.

Ehm.. one was conducted in october 3-5. The other was from a pollster with a C rating. Calm yourself.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...en-back-431595

Trump campaign spokesperson says parents of separated children don't want them back

“The fact is it's not as simple as you make it sound or Joe Biden made it sound on the stage last night to locate the parents who are in other countries,” Murtaugh said. “And when they do locate them, it has been DHS’ experience that in many cases the parents do not want the children returned.”
    Fact Check: DHS isn't tracking down the parents. They're not even really directly involved. ACLU lawyers are working to track down the parents.

Fact Check #2: The Trump campaign and DHS are lying in saying this.

However the preference of the parents of the hundreds of children at issue is unknown, as they have not yet been successfully contacted by the court-appointed steering committee tasked with the effort.
    These monsters kidnapped children and are lying about why they haven't been reunited with their families.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...en-back-431595

Trump campaign spokesperson says parents of separated children don't want them back

Fact Check: DHS isn't tracking down the parents. They're not even really directly involved. ACLU lawyers are working to track down the parents.

Fact Check #2: The Trump campaign and DHS are lying in saying this.

These monsters kidnapped children and are lying about why they haven't been reunited with their families.
    I think ACLU can't even find some of the 545 children. Yup. Here it is.

The Difficulties Behind Reuniting Migrant Children With Their Families

INSKEEP: What do we make of the additional disclosure that the government is unable to locate about 360 of the children?

SCHIVONE: That is troubling. And it's further evidence that there are serious problems with this administration's management of the federal government.

INSKEEP: What does it mean that they can't locate the children? Can we presume they're safe somewhere? Do we have no information at all?

SCHIVONE: Well, the fact is, when we're doing these searches for parents, we don't know whether or not they're already in touch with their children. And that's why our work to locate the parents and verify information on what they know is so essential.

INSKEEP: But I'm just trying to think of the fact that there must have been a chain of custody. I mean, how is it - what does it mean to lose track of a child who is in a system like that? Where are they?

SCHIVONE: Well, it's possible that someone in the government knows. But we just don't have that information, and that's something that the ACLU is constantly trying to suss out with the government.

INSKEEP: Is the administration making an effort, in your judgment?

SCHIVONE: A minimal effort required by federal court litigation.

INSKEEP: Nan Schivone of Justice in Motion.

I think ACLU can't even find some of the 545 children. Yup. Here it is.

The Difficulties Behind Reuniting Migrant Children With Their Families
    Wait wait...the Trump administration lost 360 of the children they kidnapped?

Wait wait...the Trump administration lost 360 of the children they kidnapped?
    Yes. They don't seem to even care of that fact. The ACLU is trying to locate both the parents and the children. Some of the children.

Ladies and gentlemen, the USA Republican party in action.

Trump campaign asks Nevada court to stop counting early votes
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-10-23 at 09:45 PM.

Yes. They don't seem to even care of that fact. The ACLU is trying to locate both the parents and the children. Some of the children.
    I mean...the Truth and Reconciliation Committee is gonna be fuckin busy when it gets started. Because everyone involved in the creation and execution of the child separation policy should absolutely go to jail for this. This is monstrous, truly monstrous, and the behavior of a brutal dictator or incumbent third world nation without the resources to handle such logistics. Not the most wealthy, powerful nation on the planet.

I can't say I'm surprised, but I'm disappointed that the Q nutters and Evangelicals don't seem to care much about these kids. I guess it's the kids fault for being brown or something.

I mean...the Truth and Reconciliation Committee is gonna be fuckin busy when it gets started. Because everyone involved in the creation and execution of the child separation policy should absolutely go to jail for this. This is monstrous, truly monstrous, and the behavior of a brutal dictator or incumbent third world nation without the resources to handle such logistics. Not the most wealthy, powerful nation on the planet.

I can't say I'm surprised, but I'm disappointed that the Q nutters and Evangelicals don't seem to care much about these kids. I guess it's the kids fault for being brown or something.
    Q nutters and Evangelicals do not listen to Steve Inskeep or the ACLU. They think the ACLU is the enemy of religious freedom.

https://twitter.com/BoratSagdiyev/st...63161071431691

So uh...Sasha Baron Cohen's team got into the White House. Without a covid test. Or apparently security checks (I'm skeptical on this one). And she got to be in the room with Trump (with no test), and meet Donnie Jr. face to face.

How fucking insecure is the fucking White House?