Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    They took preorders with a "2020 release" promised. If they don't get it out before the end of the year, they'll face legal problems, particularly in Europe.
    They will face no such thing. Blizzard are already offering refunds to those who request one which covers their all legal obligations to the consumer.

Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    Shadowlands.Because single player game can wait and does not revolves around keeping in touch with your guildmates to be ready for raiding
    Yes for the uber raiders who are the top %.
    But for the rest of us?

Would you really play a unfished wow expansion. With most likely a lot of bugs, patches and full servers. Or play 1 of the other games/consoles.

Again i do think a lot of people will play shadowlands. hell even i will switch between the games. But pushing it back a bit, will give them time to complete it/iron out the bugs. And get more players into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by steellz View Post
    you do know that Hearthstone probably makes more money than WoW with just subs right? lol....
    Are there any figures to support this?

- - - Updated - - -

I expect that the question as to whether SL will release this year or not will be answered by the end of next week as the Q3 earnings report is expected on Thursday.
    Last edited by Pann; 2020-10-23 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Yet if this was the case and they woudlve announced a release by early december. Yet they havent... Which means they are still unsure when they CAN release the expansion.

and my logic is that if they are still unsure when they CAN release it even today. That would indicate that they have alot of stuff left to do. Its not in their marketing interest to hold on the release date for no reason.
    And you know that how? For all you know, they have a date in mind, but won't announce it until they absolutely have to in order to avoid having to announce another delay if something goes wrong. They still have time before they have to announce a December release because pre-patch is already out and the only thing left to release before that is the pre-patch event. They don't have to announce anything until one week before the pre-patch event will be released. Late November, early December is NOT off the table and is still the likely outcome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Sigh.....you and everyone else knew/knows what i am talking about. Yes , they could shorten the pre patch event.

2nd delay bad pr...have you ever heard of a little title called cyberpunk. And if they launch a more complete shadowlands it would be better as a broken shadowlands.
    I have heard of Cyberpunk. So what? Where is it written that nobody is allowed to release their game at the same time. Blizzard is under the gun to get it out this year. Cyberpunk is completely irrelevant to when they decide to release the game.

And your: but in 2021 there are also games. Yes, hitman 3 in januari , and farcry 6 in februari. So thats 2 whole games, and would even argue that hitman will and is a great game. But its a more niche game then the other games. If you read my list ( the part you did not qoute) you see if they launch shadowlands near the end of november/early december they will be up against 3 HUGE AAA hype titles and 2!!!!!!! freaking new console's ( with games on them 2). Hell even final fantasy has a launch in december i think.
    They are up against games regardless and most of those that will be playing Shadowlands already pre-ordered. THe money has already been made. Delaying it a second time to avoid those games will cost them more money as those pre-orders will need to be refunded.

This all does not mean they should not, or should release it. Or that its stupid or smart. I am just saying, the competition is extremly heavy. And every fault they launch with because they want to rush it and launch it with all these titles. Will make the game look more broken next to all this big as gaming titles.
    Those games are irrelevant to WoW and the devs decision making here. As I said, they will release it this year to stave off more lost pre-orders. Those are far more important than actually playing the game right away.

Let me put it this way: if you could play valhala, cyberpunk or 1 of the 2 new consoles or watch dogs legion or a broken, not really done product called shadowlands...what will you choose?
    Wow. But that is irrelevant. I pre-ordered the game. What is the better ooption, kjeeping my pre-order by releasing it in 2020 as they have continued to say it will be, or lose it because they delayed it yet again because they didn't want to release with those games? I know which one Blizzard will pick. Also, how do you know the game will not be ready if released in December? For all you know it will be released in December and be a great launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ohsorry View Post
    I think they'll fall back to their original "On or before December 31st" release date.
    They already have. All official sources say "Coming in 2020".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Yes for the uber raiders who are the top %.
    But for the rest of us?

Would you really play a unfished wow expansion. With most likely a lot of bugs, patches and full servers. Or play 1 of the other games/consoles.

Again i do think a lot of people will play shadowlands. hell even i will switch between the games. But pushing it back a bit, will give them time to complete it/iron out the bugs. And get more players into the game.
    What if they have the bugs ironed out by December? You are making an unsubstanited claim that the game will not be complete if released in December. That is a major assumption not currently founded in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by LorDC View Post
    They don't have to. But they will be obligated to, when requested. Thing is, they already do it.
    Really common misconception, it doesn't apply to digital pre-orders since you have it on your account, it's just not activated. The law you are citing from only applies for physical orders such as the hard copy collectors edition.

Nintendo already won their court battle which is easily googled, the eurogamer article is most straight forward. There's absolutely no legal recourse anyone in the EU can presently take against Blizzard for not activating Shadowlands in 2020. To save face, they have already offered refunds to everyone anyway but they didn't and couldn't be forced too.

To further cement this they sold game time with the shadowlands pre-order which you agreed to activate straight away. Nobody has any case against them.
    Last edited by Volson; 2020-10-23 at 08:19 PM. Reason: quote

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    im sorry, what the hell was this supposed to prove?
    that wow have less players than CoD which have over 100m? bcs wow (and i would say all blizz games combined) NEVER had that high mau... so how is it a proof wow is on decline during BFA?
    Sigh. White Hamster was talking about blizzard quarterly profits. As a whole. Wow is not the highest performing mau-wise.

Do not jump in when you haven’t READ the conversation.

Which btw she was wrong. It was steadily declining until Shadowlands news. Duh. It always spikes during this period. The trend is downhill. Always has been.

Bring me proof that BfA was the saving grace of WoW. Show me that, during its entire run, maus have steadily increased. Q4 news is bunk. It’s just hype for shadowlands.
    Last edited by Weeps; 2020-10-23 at 09:01 PM.

First off dude relax its my opinion. Not facts, i am not jezus and not hating or something on you. So relax
    This is a friendly thread about if its until spring if thats smart. No one is trying to force anything. You really come off very agressive.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I have heard of Cyberpunk. So what? Where is it written that nobody is allowed to release their game at the same time. Blizzard is under the gun to get it out this year. Cyberpunk is completely irrelevant to when they decide to release the game.
    Relax, i am not saying they are relevant. I am saying they could be. It does not make that much sense to launch 3 AAA titles , 2 consoles, and 1 mmo expansions in a matter of 3 weeks. Not even talking about games like spider man miles morales etc
    Not saying they can not do it. Or there is a law against it. Hell for all i care they launch 60 games at the same time.

But WoW has been struggling for years. Its still fun, i still play it. But everyone knows it is not on its best leg right now. And they delayed it, because it was not done yet. So all i am saying is: why launch a title that might not be 100% ready vs some really REALLY big players. If a month later you have little to no competition and most of the big stuff has been out a month. Gives them time to make it better.

They are up against games regardless and most of those that will be playing Shadowlands already pre-ordered. THe money has already been made. Delaying it a second time to avoid those games will cost them more money as those pre-orders will need to be refunded.
    Yes they are against games. So let me make it real clear...from the second week of november ( 17th) until the first week of december. there are 3/4 big games, 2 consoles with metric ton of games. A month later, most of that has been released and played already. Again....not saying they must, do etc. Just if i was running a marathon to win. I would not start the same race as usian bolt, if there is a option to start a month later with a bigger chance to win.

Yes that is a option why the should release it ( the refund stuff). Think that is one of the things they need to look at. And its common for games to be delayed. Hell blizzard has done it to WoW before. So its not that they have not done it.

Those games are irrelevant to WoW and the devs decision making here. As I said, they will release it this year to stave off more lost pre-orders. Those are far more important than actually playing the game right away.
    Again they have delayed it before, if the quality was not up to par. And i am not saying they ARE relevant, i am saying they MIGHT be relevant.
    And yes , losing pre orders might be a reason. But they will mostlikely have a staff meeting, and finance people look at what is smart. You and i do not work for blizzard. So we do not know what there logic might be.
    Thats what this thread is about.

Wow. But that is irrelevant. I pre-ordered the game. What is the better ooption, kjeeping my pre-order by releasing it in 2020 as they have continued to say it will be, or lose it because they delayed it yet again because they didn't want to release with those games? I know which one Blizzard will pick. Also, how do you know the game will not be ready if released in December? For all you know it will be released in December and be a great launch.
    Its not, its a valid question. Do you want to play a broken game, or a whole game.
    And if you waited a long time for a pre order, 1 more month will not hurt you. or anyone else.
    And you know what blizzard will pick? good for you.
    But beware they have delayed it before. I hope for you they launch it in december, you really seem keen on it.
    And again, why do you think i think that for 1000000% it will not launch in december. I have said it many times...its a guess, a opinion.

And pre order games and delays are very normal btw.

What if they have the bugs ironed out by December? You are making an unsubstanited claim that the game will not be complete if released in December. That is a major assumption not currently founded in reality.
    For the love of god. Yes it might launch in december. It might not. I am just saying, it might be a good idea to delay it just a tad longer.
    I am not claiming anything, and i think that is the problem with you. You asume i CLIAM things. Its a thread about a launch date discussion.

Please point out where i say: i know for 100% sure it will be delayed, i claim that it will come out later, i am right you are wrong...please show me where it typed it?

And the reality part is a bit cruel. Really why so much hate? And its what i am trying to show, it might be delayed, they have done it before. Hell shadowlands has already been delayed once. And yes its not founded in reality...because we do not know what is going on, hench the discussion.

And btw.......they have delayed it without giving a offical new launch date. So your whole....anger is because of a second delay. Thats kinda hard if the first delay does not have a end date.

So to be VERY clear. I do not hate you, think that your are stupid, or anything else.
    What i am saying is guess work, with some facts that in the last 30 years that i have played games this has happend before. Even from this developer. Hell they cancelled the same game TWICE. I am not all knowing. I am just guess/opinion/common sense that launching in a very busy few weeks might not be the smartest move on their part, and might be a reason for a delay.

For instance. If they really want to launch it this year. I would guess it would be around end first week december, start 2nd week december. Then the first raid can be still be played just after new year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Sigh. White Hamster was talking about blizzard quarterly profits. As a whole. Wow is not the highest performing mau-wise.
    So? WoW is still a large generator of revenue for Activision Blizzard. MAU count being lower then other IP owned by Actvision Blizzard doesn't change that. The franchise is not in trouble. The various filings over the past year have shown a steady increase including a large increase attributed to the pandemic and not Shadowlands news. BfA despite the claims of vocal critics was not terrible.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I'm not a uber raiders. I'm someone who enjoy the game. The state of the Beta is pretty good actually atm. If they release it in december ( so, in one month ) it'll be perfect.

There was and their will be bug anyway, and those bug will wait. ( like the tortollan WQ in BfA for example. )

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    BFA is widely considered one of the worst expansions ever made. They bled subs . It was garbage . There is no way in hell Blizzard can afford, reputation wise or monetarily , another BFA . Especially directly after this last debacle. If they release this expansion too early with too many flaws. they will never live it down .
    BFA wasn’t that bad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Wod is widely considered one of the worst expansions ever made. They bled subs . It was garbage . There is no way in hell Blizzard can afford, reputation wise or monetarily , another Wod . Especially directly after this last debacle. If they release this expansion too early with too many flaws. they will never live it down .
    Same was said for vanilla into tbc, same was said for tbc into wotlk, same was said for wotlk into cata, same was said for cata into mop, same was said for mop into wod, same was said for wod into legion, same was said for legion into bfa, same is said for bfa into shadowlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    They also said the same thing with WC3R release, didn't stop them from completely ignoring it and releasing many months after promised.
    Hahah, this is completely fair, I try not to think about W3R much anymore, it hurts too much.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Same was said for vanilla into tbc, same was said for tbc into wotlk, same was said for wotlk into cata, same was said for cata into mop, same was said for mop into wod, same was said for wod into legion, same was said for legion into bfa, same is said for bfa into shadowlands
    To be fair, they haven't released two bad expansions in a row yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    The same was literally not said from Vanilla into TBC. Because you can't call Vanilla the worst expansion or that it bled subs since the game was still growing. There was also no reason to edit the BfA in their post to WoD for your quote.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So? WoW is still a large generator of revenue for Activision Blizzard. MAU count being lower then other IP owned by Actvision Blizzard doesn't change that. The franchise is not in trouble. The various filings over the past year have shown a steady increase including a large increase attributed to the pandemic and not Shadowlands news. BfA despite the claims of vocal critics was not terrible.
    Wow makes money. Sure.

CoD is their current cash cow.

HOW DOES CORONA AFFECT CODING? Oj wait greed, commercial greed, ye thats it u shitters

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow makes money. Sure. CoD is their current cash cow.
    You don't have to have the highest MAU in order to make money. WoW is still a large part of the revenue stream of Activision Blizzard. For example Quarter 2 of 2020 results were net revenue of $461 million for Blizzard with a 20% growth driven by WoW. King was $553 million and they have 271 million MAU. It isn't just about having the highest number of MAU. You can deny it all you want but WoW is not at risk and still is a big contribution to the company.

It certainly doesn't lose money as you seem to be implying.

That the last expansion was garbage and the next one needs to be good to save the game?

I mean, ya, there are some people who say that every expansion, but it's a small minority after a good expansion.

Do not jump in when you haven’t READ the conversation.
    well i wasnt reacting to whole conversation, i dont have to, and its completely irrelevant to what i asked... you said WoW had decline in BFA and as "proof" you gave SINLGE number that was showing wow MAUs (actualy not only wow MAUs, but from all of bliz, so its pretty useless anyway) and numbers for other games...
    HOW THE HELL does SINGLE NUMBER shows decline? how?
    and im not even saying BFA wasnt a decline for wow, it might be (although people always complain and seldom leave, and tbh there seemed to be far more people than in WOD), just there is no way to show decline with ONE value, you need multiple to compare... (and it would be helpful if that values didnt include at least two other games which afaik receive no content in the meantime, so they might be actual reason of potential decline in MAUs)...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2020-10-24 at 05:51 AM.

Uhh, the Original date was October 26th. Today is October 22nd. It has hardly been delayed at all so far.

- - - Updated - - -

That means nothing and can easily be changed.
    <3 100% this. Like actually no delay yet lol. People bitching way to hard and the day of the launch hasn't even happen yet. Like when Mid November hits is probably when we hear any news. Which is fine. The Xpack needed this big time and as a long time player since beta V I'm fine. Everyone giving hell on 6month is a joke. Like I sub every 6months so a free item is fine even when it's shit.