Poll: What will you do if Shadowlands sucks?

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Ill just be a reasonble person and play when i feel like it.

Doesnt everyone do that?
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    lol ok. Its hard to take you seriously when you type up things like this.

- - - Updated - - -

but Mists was much better than Legion could ever dream of being.
    Man, you’re the one stating opinions as fact. Can you even take yourself seriously?

3+ Year Old Account
    Well I've had and continue to have fun with BFA which I'm told is the worst expansion ever so I'm sure I'll enjoy Shadowlands as well.
    Last edited by Niratias; 2020-10-23 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Spelling

still play it but cry inside as i got noting esle going on atm

Maybe go back to everquest progression servers.

They do them pretty well. It's not perfect, but better setup than classic.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno fam I got millions of gold doing fuckall of nothing so I can still play this mediocre dying game for years without loss. What else would I spend it on? Diablo 4 is still far away and a one-time purchase. SC2 is dead and I already got the coolest unit skins for it. Hearthstone is completely fucking dead and has a gorillion expansions of toxic combos that make it horrible to play. Heroes is the saddest death of all and ironically the lootboxes for it are so easy to get from actually playing the game that I have the gold/shards to buy practically anything they ever release forever as it is. So yeah nah I'll keep playing this rotten game a few hours a week when it gets boring and dull which is like half an expansion.

I seriously dunno who the fuck plays the game more than that outside of new content. New expansion I am on that shit all day erryday for weeks. New patch, a few days at least and then back to raidlogging. Once the tier's clear, only the bare minimum of raidlogging to not be kicked. This late into an expansion, I don't show up to sell carries to monkeys because I find them disgusting and don't need gold. What is Shadowlands really gonna do different to this pattern? Nothing I imagine. It's been this way for me for years now. The only way I'll quit this game is if they set up Yrel and the Light as big bads that "are the real evil all along" because if I can't side with the Light and have to save the Horde and shit from them, I'm just out forever and I'd never come back.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    No really. The revenue for wow (bfa and classic) combined increased in spite of launch of classic, not because of it.

Amount of people that played BFA has increased over the expansion. Mostly because of 8.2 and 8.3

I don't know a single person that plays classic and when people ask these days if classic is game to start now, the answer you get is that its a dead game in the leveling process and people log on to speedrun raids once a week mostly.

I do like classic and play it alone from time to time. But the 200 people guild I joined at launch has no active players in it any longer.

Point is, this notion that BFA was a failed expansion in any shape or form is just wrong. It doesn't hold any water.
    Blizzard's survival may depend on how they handle WoW Classic.

1. It will be a huge mistake if they go with BC servers because they will end up with a small playerbase like Classic has now.
    2. Blizzard will make a huge comeback if they make a totally new expansion off of Wow Classic that keeps most of the same systems intact, just with a new set of raids and dungeons that adds just a few new features and wrinkles.

Just basically start over with WoW. Forget the BC > SL timeline. Do it all over again and don't make the same mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    I dunno fam I got millions of gold doing fuckall of nothing so I can still play this mediocre dying game for years without loss. What else would I spend it on? Diablo 4 is still far away and a one-time purchase. SC2 is dead and I already got the coolest unit skins for it. Hearthstone is completely fucking dead and has a gorillion expansions of toxic combos that make it horrible to play. Heroes is the saddest death of all and ironically the lootboxes for it are so easy to get from actually playing the game that I have the gold/shards to buy practically anything they ever release forever as it is. So yeah nah I'll keep playing this rotten game a few hours a week when it gets boring and dull which is like half an expansion.

I seriously dunno who the fuck plays the game more than that outside of new content. New expansion I am on that shit all day erryday for weeks. New patch, a few days at least and then back to raidlogging. Once the tier's clear, only the bare minimum of raidlogging to not be kicked. This late into an expansion, I don't show up to sell carries to monkeys because I find them disgusting and don't need gold. What is Shadowlands really gonna do different to this pattern? Nothing I imagine. It's been this way for me for years now. The only way I'll quit this game is if they set up Yrel and the Light as big bads that "are the real evil all along" because if I can't side with the Light and have to save the Horde and shit from them, I'm just out forever and I'd never come back.
    Ya I guess this is just the new normal. It takes way longer to create content than it does for us to consume it. Some people have caught on and have several "main" games that they rotate between. Mine are WoW, everquest progression servers, and PoE.

And some people haven't caught on, and just complain on mmo champ all day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post

1. It will be a huge mistake if they go with BC servers because they will end up with a small playerbase like Classic has now.
    2. Blizzard will make a huge comeback if they make a totally new expansion off of Wow Classic that keeps most of the same systems intact, just with a new set of raids and dungeons that adds just a few new features and wrinkles.

Just basically start over with WoW. Forget the BC > SL timeline. Do it all over again and don't make the same mistakes.
    Look, as cool as that sounds, it's just full on delusion.

Also, we would of heard about it by now if they were going to do it. They're not gonna let people sit in Naxx for years. It makes no business sense.

We're gonna get BC, most likely just pushed onto all classic realms because it's easier that way, and it's probably going to suck because it's going to be the same handful of hours a week speedrunning raids, then nothing else to do, just like classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Ya I guess this is just the new normal. It takes way longer to create content than it does for us to consume it. Some people have caught on and have several "main" games that they rotate between. Mine are WoW, everquest progression servers, and PoE.

And some people haven't caught on, and just complain on mmo champ all day.
    Its more like get busy living or get busy dying. There is no such thing as a permanent plateau of popularity.

If you're games are less and less popular, all of your talent is fleeing and creating new studios, you are getting booed at your own conventions, maybe you are just dying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its more like get busy living or get busy dying. There is no such thing as a permanent plateau of popularity.

If you're games are less and less popular, all of your talent is fleeing and creating new studios, you are getting booed at your own conventions, maybe you are just dying.
    Couldn't disagree harder. Cons are just the forums made real, and the only people who go to the forums are either A) really in love B) really hate something. This is online reputation management 101, and millions upon millions has been spent to figure out how to change that.

You're likely to get a better idea how "everyone" feels about something asking my dog than you are online forums, con attendees, or fanfic writers lol.

also, the "talent" has been "fleeing" WoW since, what, 2010? Either WoW is dying the slowest MMO death of all time *OR* you guys just keep saying that WoW is dying so inevitably when it does turn the servers off you can say you were right all along.

I was talking more in the sense of back in the day, with a game like everquest, you could play that game straight for years and not run out of meaningful ways to advance your character.

It wasn't well designed in hindsight, of course, but we used to be able to just "main" a game without issue. People did it with D2 back in the day as well. \

It's just not like that anymore, not for PvE games anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Look, as cool as that sounds, it's just full on delusion.

Also, we would of heard about it by now if they were going to do it. They're not gonna let people sit in Naxx for years. It makes no business sense.

We're gonna get BC, most likely just pushed onto all classic realms because it's easier that way, and it's probably going to suck because it's going to be the same handful of hours a week speedrunning raids, then nothing else to do, just like classic.
    Yes I think you are right, they are gonna do the BC thing instead.

Yes I think you are right, they are gonna do the BC thing instead.
    It'll be mad fun for a month or 2 at least.

And you can make a bonker's amount of gold early on with an alt army with certain profession cooldowns. Then just RMT it since you won't care about your account anymore.

wait next patch, go to forums and express why I'm not playing... hope game get better

It does look like it's going to suck. Either way I intend to stick around for a month at least. Then I could go back to LoL, ESO, or stay busy a few months with Cyberpunk and AC Valhalla until Corepunk comes out.

Play 3-6 months until I get bored until the next expansion, like I always do. A lot of these xpacs are pretty fun for a few months. Its the longevity that isn't there. Even WoD I enjoyed for a few months. There hasnt been an expac I hated; there were some I could tell were going to be bad, but I played them while they were still fun in the beginning and peaced out.

I think too many people subject themselves to torture instead of just enjoying it for what it is, and leaving.

Then you need to find out what the mistakes are, and how do you even agree with anyone on that?

Just not play the game - plenty of other interesting games and entertainment to spend time with.

I'll do what I did in BfA most likely; Play a whole lot in the first patch, clear as much Mythic raid as I can. Then quit when the first "major" patch is 3 quests and a promise of something else later. Come back for 10.0, rinse, repeat.

This is the first expansion IN a very very long toikme That I will not be playing from launch , and I really doubt at this point I will play it . The more you read up on it and see what they arre doing, the more this Expansion looks to be just complete shit
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam