Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Could you remind me... How many level squishes have their been in all wow expansions? Because, this is my first.
    level squish is unimportant, what is important is number squish which happened already
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

Could you remind me... How many level squishes have their been in all wow expansions? Because, this is my first.
    Level squish irrelevant. Our dps would be the same whether it said we were 120 or 50. What's being discussed is damage. We've had several stat squishes over the years.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Level squish irrelevant. Our dps would be the same whether it said we were 120 or 50. What's being discussed is damage. We've had several stat squishes over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    level squish is unimportant, what is important is number squish which happened already
    Then you both have no idea how mob/boss levels works in correlation to numbers /shrug

i noticed a small decrease in power but nothing to the level of what OP claims. i can still destroy anything with my gear 131 equiped.

Then you both have no idea how mob/boss levels works in correlation to numbers /shrug
    A mob could say it was level 50, 60, 120, or 5,000, and that would have no relation to how its health and damage was squished. We've had damage squishes in the past that left levels untouched.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    That isn't the same boss. One of them is a boss intended for 5 people, the other is a boss intended for a raid group. Conveniently the one intended for 5 people was done in the "before prepatch" section and the one intended for a raid was done in the "after prepatch" section. Of course it was faster. It was always faster, it's an easier boss.

Videos that straight up aim to lie to you aside, there sort of wasn't a stat squish. In fact there was a stat inflation on gear available to a level 50. If our level is brought down to 50, our equipment isn't going to keep the same stat values as it did at level 120, otherwise we would have thousands of % of secondaries. The stats have to be brought down to level 50 appropriate. But if you compare ilvls and the amount of stats on gear, what we have now is actually better than level 50 gear before levels were adjusted. This is due to there being no tiers at 50 before, and 4 tiers (with multiple difficulties) at 50 now.
    You were almost right. Ji'arak is much harder in 9.0 than in 8.3. If you said Ji'arak is intended for 5 people you were wrong. Fortunately Ji'arak is up this week so I was able to do a comparsion with the same world boss in 8.3 and in 9.0, as you wished before to show you how wrong you were with this 5 man statement. Blizz stated in the Blizzcon the following: "It's very important that players feel just as powerful when they log in to play the expansion." - It's simply not true. The characters became much weaker in 9.0, you have to admit it.

Here is the new video:

Quote Originally Posted by Adi91 View Post
    You were almost right. Ji'arak is much harder in 9.0 than in 8.3. If you said Ji'arak is intended for 5 people you were wrong. Fortunately Ji'arak is up this week so I was able to do a comparsion with the same world boss in 8.3 and in 9.0, as you wished before to show you how wrong you were with this 5 man statement. Blizz stated in the Blizzcon the following: "It's very important that players feel just as powerful when they log in to play the expansion." - It's simply not true. The characters became much weaker in 9.0, you have to admit it.

Here is the new video:
    "Guys I can't solo shit anymore without my Corruptions and omgwtf"

You chose Fire mage.. an insanely squishy cannon. You know what you are getting into.

I just tried that one on my ilevel 90 Enhance Shammy, 0 issues. My ilevel 120 hunter, no issues..

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    "Guys I can't solo shit anymore without my Corruptions and omgwtf"

You chose Fire mage.. an insanely squishy cannon. You know what you are getting into.

I just tried that one on my ilevel 90 Enhance Shammy, 0 issues. My ilevel 120 hunter, no issues..
    Good for you. But all in all they stated that characters will not lose power. ("IT’S VERY IMPORTANT THAT PLAYERS FEEL JUST AS POWERFUL WHEN THEY LOG IN TO PLAY THE EXPANSION).
    If you can solo a boss before patch, and after the patch you can't do the same isn't count as power loss? In my opinion it is.
    Last edited by Adi91; 2020-10-23 at 12:44 PM.

Good for you. But all in all they stated that characters will not lose power. ("IT’S VERY IMPORTANT THAT PLAYERS FEEL JUST AS POWERFUL WHEN THEY LOG IN TO PLAY THE EXPANSION).
    If you can solo a boss before patch, and after the patch you can't do the same isn't count as power loss? In my opinion it is.
    or.. maybe.. it's the usual PEBCAK issue. Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard. If you can provide any form of evidence that no fire mage at your gear level at all can solo it, you have a point. Otherwise? Skill issue.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    thats literaly imposible,even at the peak of its power infinite star was only doing about 40% of your damage,that was the strongest corruption at one point,and it was nerfed...a 100%+ increase would maybe be posible if you had really low gear and got some high ranks of stuff that dont scale from ilvl
    You do realize that if you add something to your damage profile that is doing 50% of your damage.. then that means your overall damage has doubled, right?

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think the problem is that you're trying to compare how well you cleared a much lower level raid at max level before the squish to how well you clear a slightly lower level raid at 10 levels below max level.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

or.. maybe.. it's the usual PEBCAK issue. Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard. If you can provide any form of evidence that no fire mage at your gear level at all can solo it, you have a point. Otherwise? Skill issue.
    What are you talking about? The video shows how he in 8.3 killed the boss solo, without even dropping below 75% health. Same boss, same player, same gear after 9.0 went live he cant even get the boss to 50 % health.

Blizzard stated several times that they did not want the players to lose power in 9.0, obviously we did, by alot!

Can we save this thread, so we can take it out with the next prepatch again?
    Then we don't have to chew through all of it again and again and again and again

Who the hell really cares? Progression is over. Is anyone still farming gear? Most guilds are pausing with raiding to get a breath in.

Does the squish and the loss of (overall hated) power (corruption) feels weird. Maybe. I got used to it allready. Maybe you take longer or are over sensitive.

In the end you will get used to it and nothing you do from now till SL matters in any way to anyone anyway....

But again: What do people expect and why do we have to chew through it again?

Okay, but if the problem is skill issue, than why I was able to do it in patch, 8.3? Blizzard stated that we will not lose power. In the same gear, with the same character I experiencing a tottaly different scenario. If I've PEBACK issue than why didn't I had in 8.3? If it's my fault than why the fight takes 2,5* longer with 2 man, than in 8.3 with 1 man?

- - - Updated - - -

To VinceVega:

I only expect that Blizzard should be self-righteous. They stated that you should feel as powerful as before when you login after the LVL squish: You can read it here, on MMO Champion

I was able to kill Ji'arak in 8.3 without any help, without any suffering, just in 2 minutes, so let's say it was my character's power. In patch 9.0 I'm dying after 2 minutes and I only damaged around 30% of it's HP. Is this the same power? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Uniqed View Post
    What are you talking about? The video shows how he in 8.3 killed the boss solo, without even dropping below 75% health. Same boss, same player, same gear after 9.0 went live he cant even get the boss to 50 % health.

Blizzard stated several times that they did not want the players to lose power in 9.0, obviously we did, by alot!
    Ofcourse, his corruption was exactly the same post 9.0! Ofcourse, he was the only mage. Secondary stats etc, all exactly the same. Scaling is exactly the same etc etc..

Hint; we hear this whining every damn expansion, every damn pre patch. We get it, it sucks now. Guess what? You're a levelling character now, not a max level. Deal with it.

Ofcourse, his corruption was exactly the same post 9.0! Ofcourse, he was the only mage. Secondary stats etc, all exactly the same. Scaling is exactly the same etc etc..

Hint; we hear this whining every damn expansion, every damn pre patch. We get it, it sucks now. Guess what? You're a levelling character now, not a max level. Deal with it.
    Talk about moving the goal posts. You went from that it was a player issue, that we did not lose power and it was his lack of skill that was the problem to "deal with it"?
    Last edited by Uniqed; 2020-10-24 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uniqed View Post
    Talk about moving the goal posts. You went from that it was a player issue, that we did not lose power and it was his lack of skill that was the problem to "deal with it"?
    oh not moving any goal posts.. it's still probably a player issue. No Corruption to carry him, he realises he actually isn't all that good at the game. Again, unless you can state that every mage has issues with this, there is no evidence it's a scaling issue.

oh not moving any goal posts.. it's still probably a player issue. No Corruption to carry him, he realises he actually isn't all that good at the game. Again, unless you can state that every mage has issues with this, there is no evidence it's a scaling issue.

Again as Blizzard stated in the linked interview players should feel as powerful as before when the patch goes live. I don't need to change anything on my character if my character as powerful as before. Maybe there are fire mages can kill it, but I'm sure that not in 2 minutes, and with some special tactics.

So, again: if I were able to do it before 9.0 I should able to do after 9.0 too, without any change - regardless of skill level. Maybe I didn't lose all my game related skills suddenly after 9.0. How could this be a player issue??? And once again, the fight times:

8.0 1 man - 2 min
    9.0 2 man - 4.5 min

Maybe the other dude who helped me had skill problems too?

I can't understand why people like you can not admit that we lost power, actually a lot of power. You can say it was corruption, but I'm quite sure it's not just the loss of corruption, it's about the bad scaling what Blizz did again.
    Last edited by Adi91; 2020-10-24 at 04:18 PM.

Again as Blizzard stated in the linked interview players should feel as powerful as before when the patch goes live. I don't need to change anything on my character if my character as powerful as before. Maybe there are fire mages can kill it, but I'm sure that not in 2 minutes, and with some special tactics.

So, again: if I were able to do it before 9.0 I should able to do after 9.0 too, without any change - regardless of skill level. Maybe I didn't lose all my game related skills suddenly after 9.0. How could this be a player issue??? And once again, the fight times:

8.0 1 man - 2 min
    9.0 2 man - 4.5 min

Maybe the other dude who helped me had skill problems too?

I can't understand why people like you can not admit that we lost power, actually a lot of power. You can say it was corruption, but I'm quite sure it's not just the loss of corruption, it's about the bad scaling what Blizz did again.
    I am more than willing to admit we lost power.. but suddenly being unable to solo world quests, something we were able to do way way early in the expansion? No, you can't convince me that is now impossible.

Since you only want to harp on the "person that helped you"

Why not admit and accept that a lot of other people are doing those world quests solo with ease.. are they wrong then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except this aint true, the scaling is not equal, especially since we lost corruptions.

im a warlock, and i used to be able to pull like 10-15 packs ion heroic islands together then aoe and burst down. now even on normal 4-5 and i have a chance of dying...

we are so out of scale, and also so SOOOO mcuh weaker compared to everything without corruptions.
    I think that was the point of the aoe nerf, so you can't do insane packs like that