Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    All you are doing is proving my point. if this is the message these people are getting, they are full stop flat out stupid, not ignorant. stupidity can't be fixed. I'm sorry the people in your area are that stupid though.
    No you are proving my point. Being an asshole drives people away. I have actually got someone in my town less pro Trump by explaining things and showing them shit where as people like you being dicks to them just makes them move farther right. If you say all X are evil and someone is an X but not evil you are driving people away.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    The irony in bitching about Obama "wanting to get rid of physical currency" (not true, and not a bad thing either even if it were) when we're having coin shortages as a result of COVID, no less.
    The guy that said that actually said it like right around when Trump got in. So like two years later when someone mentioned the paper guy again I had asked them why the Obama people hadn't tricked Trump yet which lead to them to start doubting other things the paper guy said. Had I just been like "hey you fucking retards are wrong" like you guys act they probably would have doubled down.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-10-25 at 08:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    If you can't reach people in the rest of the First World (including Belgium) with your campaign ads in the USA, then you're probably doing a bad job.
    Everybody knew / knows what Trump stands for. Everybody even knows whatever Trump is saying about Biden, but not the other way around.

Thanks for proving my point and welcome to the 21st century, I guess?
    How many times has this discussion been had about how you can pretty easily look up Bidens positions online only for you to go "Yeah, but..." and never admitting you are wrong?
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can't reach people in the rest of the First World (including Belgium) with your campaign ads in the USA, then you're probably doing a bad job.
    Everybody knew / knows what Trump stands for. Everybody even knows whatever Trump is saying about Biden, but not the other way around.

That local media in Flanders isn't reporting on Biden, apparently, is entirely secondary to what his election strategy looks like in the places that do matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way people get upset when others criticize Biden or the DNC is mindblowing to me. If either were perfect Biden would have became President during one of the thousand times he's ran for office and the DNC wouldn't be the party of two with a serve voter turnout/retaining seats problem. Even in this cycle, the GOP is the "default' party and the DNC is the party people turn two only after shit has hit the fan - only its only to return things to a 'status quo' or 'normalcy'. The DNC was fucked in 2016 facing 2018 had it not been for people pulling it left and Trump being reprehensible.

When people say they are tired of the DNC maybe you should listen instead of dismissing, because they are keying in on why the DNC historically has a turnout problem. Why the GOP can't convert entire voting blocks but it can regularly pluck/dissuade just enough people to tip the scales in their favor.

Biden is not a good candidate. He has a shaky political career, both sides know he is easily manipulated, he doesn't do much but keeps the engine running. Obama picked Biden because Biden is the store brand vanilla ice cream of politicians and him being a black man needed all the bland politics he could get. Diehards liberals will even agree if you can get them talking. He is the best thing we have right now though, because a Trump not facing reelection is very troubling.

Democrats are facing a problem in 2024 now is the time to start planning for it. The dynasties will be gone. The polarizing figures like Trump will be gone, not that the DNC has blocked one yet. The country will be looking at 40 years of stagnation. You want 'normalcy' and 'status quo'? Its literally in the definition of conservatism and the GOP will be ready to play ball. Stop working double-time to alienate allies while sucking up to the teat of the GOP - they aren't your friends. Republicans voting for Biden have never been shy about saying they are voting for him to reboot the party so they can kick the left's ass in 2024. They aint bluffing. Yall know Skroe.

So unless liberals, who are conservatives anywhere else outside of the US, don't stop the shaming of the left bullshit, 2010-2020 is going to just repeat itself.

Oh look at me Im a progressive but I shun actual policy - you ain't.
    I'm a moderate who doesn't succumb to polarized agendas - that just makes you a blue conservative.
    Democrats will save this country - until the concede to the GOP again. History repeats itself and expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity.
    Pick the lesser of two evils - so you are still picking an evil...

STOP GIVING PEOPLE REASONS TO CHECK OUT OF THE PROCESS.

I've been left-leaning all my life and been involved in various political processes but can't bring myself to register as a Democrat as long as so many of its members work double time to push people away.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-10-25 at 09:58 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    How many times has this discussion been had about how you can pretty easily look up Bidens positions online only for you to go "Yeah, but..." and never admitting you are wrong?
    *gestures*

The last category are the Attention Seeking Cretins (AC for short). The AC has certain traits in common with both the PC and DC brigades. Like the PC, the AC never has enough information, unlike the PC however this lack of information is not about ignorance but a lack of coverage of subjects dear to the ACs' heart. ACs' are always undecided because no one is talking about X or Y subject and if only someone would, their decision would be so easily made. Like the DC though the AC is already decided, a few insightful questions about the ACs' concerns and their view on it, will always point to a party which is stronger on the issue than others and the AC as a concerned voter will be aware of that. The AC plays the part of the undecided voter in the believe that doing so makes politicians keep their issue to the fore.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    They way people get upset when others criticize Biden or the DNC is mindblowing to me.
    Mainly because the criticisms are either bad faith or literal Republican talking points and it's annoying to have ostensible leftists being facile idiots in that regard. Shocker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    No you are proving my point. Being an asshole drives people away. I have actually got someone in my town less pro Trump by explaining things and showing them shit where as people like you being dicks to them just makes them move farther right. If you say all X are evil and someone is an X but not evil you are driving people away.
    Nah, 4 years ago, i can go with the ignorant. Sorry won't ever buy the ignorant excuse this time, because there isn't a valid argument of ignorance to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden is not a good candidate.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Nah, 4 years ago, i can go with the ignorant. Sorry won't ever buy the ignorant excuse this time.
    In my town pretty much nothing changes no matter who is in except for gas prices/taxes/shit like that unless something drastic happens. These people don't have a problem with Trump because he hasn't done anything to them. They have heard and seen the nearby riots though and people calling them scum and so people like you end up being the problem and end up making shit even worse because they then tell their friends of the asshole liberals who called them racist/whatever or want all guns banned(massive hunting community where the only gun deaths are suicides) and now 2 people are pro Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my town pretty much nothing changes no matter who is in except for gas prices/taxes/shit like that unless something drastic happens. These people don't have a problem with Trump because he hasn't done anything to them. They have heard and seen the nearby riots though and people calling them scum and so people like you end up being the problem and end up making shit even worse because they then tell their friends of the asshole liberals who called them racist/whatever or want all guns banned(massive hunting community where the only gun deaths are suicides) and now 2 people are pro Trump.
    See above:

I have no sympathy for people who cannot be arsed to educate themselves simply because they have the luxury of being able to live "apolitical" lives. Especially when they have other people telling them to be empathetic and they still choose the hateful option out of fear - it speaks to bad character.
    My actual, real world civil liberties are up in the air every four years as a result of their voting habits but the real bad guys are the people telling them their voting habits are unethical.

Wrong on so many levels. But that's expected of you. If you actually have been paying attention you would know Biden's message is being picked up clearly by everyone where it matters. Belgium is not where it matters.

See above:
    Clearly you don't have very well reading comprehension. These people have been given knowledge but see it differently than you. These same people were upset when a non criminal black person and a non criminal white Australian women were killed by police in the same area within a relatively short amount of time and yet no riots occurred. They then saw a black criminal get killed by police and riots start. They didn't see it as a race thing they did however see how the "liberals" behaved and how people took advantage and looted and destroyed businesses. They saw how Trump talked to "little rocket man" and WW3 didn't happen.

It's people like you driving them to the right.

Biden is not a good candidate. .
    Clearly you have not been paying attention and letting your dislike for him cloud your opinion. I'm not a big fan of the guy either form a political standpoint, but he is clearly a good candidate. He has evolved his stance towards huge progressive ideas, listens to the people in place around him, and has empathy and understanding for everyday people. He does suffer from foot in mouth disease, but he has motivated people to get out and vote in a way we haven't seen since 2008. Can some of it be people don't want Trump anymore? sure, but his high favorability and likability scores are a big reason. People like the guy.

10+ Year Old Account

Mainly because the criticisms are either bad faith or literal Republican talking points and it's annoying to have ostensible leftists being facile idiots in that regard. Shocker.
    They aren't Republican talking points. They are voter insecurities that Republicans exploit and then moderates do the work of Republicans by further alienating the left.

One easy example is the "Joe Biden Crime Bill". I call it that because the GOP has successfully made it Joe Biden's even though it was drafted in such a way to appease conservatives to get other things passed- what Biden does btw. Anyone left of the Clinton's, hell Obama, has criticized the bill since it was drafted. The GOP see this and it becomes their way of attacking mainstream Democrats. Instead of those Democrats saying "hey, we needed to get xyz passed so passed the bill but will fix it with abc" or a simple "we fucked up and now know better" they attack the critics and yell "YALL ARE JUST REPEATING REPUBLICAN TALKING POINTS" without even addressing the ills of the issue. And thus the GOP gets its way by cause mistrust among the left, the left is left disillusioned by the Democrats, the Democrats lose the House and/'or Senate again. Democrats love to eat the left while the GOP needs to toss a chair into the crowd to keep on trucking along. They take criticism from the left, regurgitate it, then reintroduce it back into the world.

Actually try to do better instead of just arguing with the leftists and maybe they show up to the polls more and complain less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly you don't have very well reading comprehension. These people have been given knowledge but see it differently than you.
    Uh huh.

So:

Many of these people don't even have computers, some not even tvs, and a 4 bedroom home can sell for 40k. The guy that I think owns the local paper was told from a "reliable source" that secret Obama people were going to trick Trump into removing physical currency.
    Was a lie, then? Because if what you posted there was true, then you're admitting they're ignorant by virtue of lack of exposure. Which I'm also quite aware of given that many of these people get the entirety of their news from Fox.

These same people were upset when a non criminal black person and a non criminal white Australian women were killed by police in the same area within a relatively short amount of time and yet no riots occurred. They then saw a black criminal get killed by police and riots start. They didn't see it as a race thing they did however see how the "liberals" behaved and how people took advantage and looted and destroyed businesses. They saw how Trump talked to "little rocket man" and WW3 didn't happen.
    Trump supporters can't be not racist and ignorant while also being more concerned about "liberal hypocrisy" than about systemic racism and police brutality, hun.

- - - Updated - - -

They aren't Republican talking points. They are voter insecurities that Republicans exploit
    I.e. Republican talking points.

Also hilarious that you say moderates are the ones doing Republican work when the cosplay leftists have been the primary ones keeping the dementia meme alive.

I get it. They are being told by dem's they are evil for eating meat but crying that obama is bad for putting dijon on a burger. They are scared libs are gonna come down and riot and burn their businesses, even though you are describing nothing like that would ever happen there, because nothing changes. Libs are gonna take their guns, yet, when did obama do that? One of their friends told them someone online told them they are racist cause they are voting for a racist, oh no!

but they are just ignorant.

okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Clearly you have not been paying attention and letting your dislike for him cloud your opinion. I'm not a big fan of the guy either form a political standpoint, but he is clearly a good candidate. He has evolved his stance towards huge progressive ideas, listens to the people in place around him, and has empathy and understanding for everyday people. He does suffer from foot in mouth disease, but he has motivated people to get out and vote in a way we haven't seen since 2008. Can some of it be people don't want Trump anymore? sure, but his high favorability and likability scores are a big reason. People like the guy.
    I don't disagree with you except that I will call Biden a bad politician (well bad for anyone on the left side of the US political spectrum).

He is a guy who listens to people. He isn't inflexible in his ways. He tries to connect with the 'everyman'. He isn't a bad person. His problem are that he spends so much time trying to play the sensible man in the middle that he doesn't get much done and is easily manipulated by Republicans who know how to get on his good side. Thats going Biden's political career, trading every two steps forward with one step back to appease the Republicans of the month who became his 'friend'. Its why is the epitome of the stick in the mud politician and deemed the 'safest bet' when faced with a monster. Its also why I tell any of my leftist friends to just go ahead and vote for him because things won't immediatley turn south.

Also, I believe people are voting regardless of Biden. Not many people give two shits about Biden. Biden has probably more failed election bids than anyone else in the two major parties. Trump is the reason why people are showing up in mass to the voting booth, and that's to make sure he isn't reelected.

- - - Updated - - -

Also hilarious that you say moderates are the ones doing Republican work when the cosplay leftists have been the primary ones keeping the dementia meme alive.
    And yet the DNC is consistently the party with the voter enthusiasm and turnout issues? Why is that?

Frustrated Leftist knows the GOP is full of shit but is also told to STFU and 'just vote' by the DNC. So they stay their ass home. Its not even like people hide the reason why they check out of the process altogether, Democrats just want to manufacture ever excuse under the sun except the one that requires a little bit of self-reflection.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet the DNC is consistently the party with the voter enthusiasm and turnout issues? Why is that?
    Gee I wonder why the party whose voter base is consistently targeted by voter suppression tactics might have enthusiasm and turnout issues.

Frustrated Leftist knows the GOP is full of shit but is also told to STFU and 'just vote' by the DNC. So they stay their ass home.
    And because this is a zero sum electoral system, which given that the person you describe is likely a lazy Twitter leftist they are doing absolutely fuck all to try and change, their decision to stay their ass home has helped the GOP thus sending a message that they are so utterly divorced from any actual political issue that they can afford to consider the choice between a neoliberal and a neoconservative as a non-choice.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-10-25 at 10:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

And because this is a zero sum electoral system which, given that the person you describe is likely a lazy Twitter leftist they are doing absolutely fuck all to try and change, their decision to stay their ass home has helped the GOP thus sending a message that they are so utterly divorced from any actual political issue that they can afford to consider the choice between a neoliberal and a neoconservative as a non-choice.
    When people have tried to participate but feel shunned and ignored they let institutions burn.

10+ Year Old Account
    When people have tried to participate but feel shunned and ignored they let institutions burn.
    That's nice, why aren't they being considerate of my need to not have my basic constitutional rights up for discussion every four years?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because after a while people will see through the scam.
    Glad to know you think the civil rights of minorities are a scam.

And y'all are bitching at Democrats for having a bad sales pitch, lol.