Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    We know it's you, Yoko Taro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if cheating and exploits resulted in real life prosecutions and international treaties abiding by it. I’d laugh my ass off.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I seem to recall that this game existed at some point - it was basically like "No more than 100 active players at any given time, if you died your spot was given up and your IP address banned." I think it lasted like 2 months before it died off?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would try it only if it is free, and my interest would die as soon as I do. But even then it could be a genre I don't like anyway, so I would just look up people on Youtube to see the ending.

If I had to pay for it, no, absolutely never.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, that sounds like a terrible idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    This topic reminded me of a newgrounds flash game I played a long time ago called "One Chance": https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/555181

Basically the game setting was: you are a Scientist named John Pilgrim and his team have accidently created a pathogen that is killing all living cells on Earth. You then choose how you spend the last 7 days of John's life.

one of the gimmicks at the time was that the creator made it very very VERY hard to restart the game... (normal methods to clear data from your browser would fail to allow you to restart the game again) as he intended it so that you could only "play" the game once... and have to live with the ending that you got.

I'm sure nowadays you can easily bypass this limitation and play and restart it as much as you want easily... but I thought the concept was neat at the time (but frustrating as hell in practice if you wanted to see the other endings).

That is ultima online mate.
    you prepare all those healing pots, reagents that sweet verite armor set +15 katana then some naked mage with 10 of each reagent to cast spells paralyzes you, makes wall of stone and puts you into the intersection of a wall formation ( + ). proceeds to apply firewall. you can do nothing but cry as you desperately watch your character murdered slowly.

losing all those is enough to unistall the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    We know it's you, Yoko Taro.
    Oh good. I wasn't the only one thinking that.

Dude.... you're not a gamer.
    We got used to res once we die.

I guess you're still young and green....

Nope, I wouldn't waste my money on that.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    That's called life. We are all playing it.
    Thats deep! And true. Except for Hindus of course. Thats like playing a normal Video Game, you got many lives.

Being a christian got some disadvantages. We have to play it like OP is talking about. Damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    If the game is cheap and had some real substance too it, maybe I'd try it.

Otherwise I'm perfectly content to watch a Lets Play on YouTube or twitch.
    dis, why waste a big amount of money on something you can't replay...fuck that

Well, I would play it, but I certainly wouldn't buy it.

Only if it was free, I would try it.

I would skip, especially if the game is not free.

Only if it was free.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    it was brought up before, but its not exactly the same as OP's example. with this game, you get to finish it. you are not locked out of the game for a mistake, but rather you now have to play with consequences of said mistake. AND... the game is free.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    No.
    That sounds like a huge waste of money and time.
    This is the only reasonable response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am heavily of the oppion that like other pieces of media, games should be accessible at any future point one would desire, thus this idea is example text in a dictionary for the definition of the word "retarded".

Yeah it doesn't sound very appealing to me at all.