7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    You say this as if old Blizzard could balance anything.
    i fully belive blizzard can balance the effects and collors of a talent tree like that

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I'm curious to see how the update to the Maw will look like, because it's pretty much mandatory at this moment. It's just not fun or interesting (yet). Suramar, even before Insurection, was in my opinion a great zone which greatly profited by its quests and narratives. Timeless Isle is fondly remembered because it was kind of fire and forget, easily accessible and loot everywhere. I think it was quite bland and inferior to the fantastic Isle of Thunder.
    Well there’s a mount reward from torghast that you can use in the maw and it looks like a rare drops one. Honestly I see 9.1 being maw content

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Hopefully Shadowlands will manage to reverse soem fo the damage caused by prevalent minmaxing in every aspect of the game, with some luck we could have more interesting talents again.
    I don't think that's how it works. Having Talent 1 be the best doesn't make Talent 2 & 3 less enjoyable - If they're less enjoyable to begin with, that's 100% a developer issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I don't think that's how it works. Having Talent 1 be the best doesn't make Talent 2 & 3 less enjoyable - If they're less enjoyable to begin with, that's 100% a developer issue.
    Just ot bring it back to the previous point of discussion, this is kinda why classes and talents as a whole might need a rethink. Classes are built in such a way that talents are not always welcome, see for instance MM and how it can barely squeeze in its own abilities, rendering most of the added ones moot.
    An alternative system might scale back specs to something less defined and leave the talents to fill in gaps.

Just as a hypothetical I thought up somewhat of a system that might be a viable replacement. In this example we will use Fury Warrior.
    You have 3 core abilities: Rampage, Execute and whatever the 100% crit cooldown is called. However, instead of looking like they do now Rampage is instead a much weaker single attack, execute is just an execute ability with no extra stuff on top, and the 100% crit cooldown is just for the next attack.
    You are then presented with 3 talents, one for each core ability, each one upgrades it to what we have now. However, there are 3 tiers to it, where each one upgrades it to the version we have now, followed by 2 extra tiers that adds complexity to it, however you only have the ability to pick 5 of these talents, meaning you can either diversify or specialize.

Now for one these abilities are not balanced in this hypothetical, but the idea is that it could in theory function as a middleground between the old and new talent set in a way that works better for what the game is now instead of back in MoP when endgame was farming dailies and HC dungeons until you went into a raid and never looked back.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Well there’s a mount reward from torghast that you can use in the maw and it looks like a rare drops one. Honestly I see 9.1 being maw content
    The thing is, why do I need a mount in the Maw when I barely go there (if at all). That's why they need to drastically improve the Maw experience in the first place.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The thing is, why do I need a mount in the Maw when I barely go there (if at all). That's why they need to drastically improve the Maw experience in the first place.
    Oh they definitely need to improve it but the reason to go there is a list as
    1. Gem slots
    2. Conduit upgrades
    3. Torghast upgrades

The way to make that easier is to do the layer 8 mount run and then you do it faster

Now they need to add WQs and some minimal quests

Might be a tad earliy, but hwat do people reckon the odds are for the zombie invasion events beginning this week?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    But that's the point. You wouldn't pick up any utility talents if the game didn't force you. And if they are on the same tier, it's specificially because you shouldn't be able to have both. That's kinda the point of the tier design.
    Yeah I'm sure that's the intent but it doesn't feel good at all. Especially since as I said earlier they change the game a lot and end up putting tools that used to be baseline into the talent trees AND make them compete with what was the best choice.

Resto Druid in Legion for example, had the artifact ability baseline which meant they could have the strongest talents and the ability at the same time. In BFA they baked the ability into a talent instead of making it baseline. Meaning now you have to choose between the talent with the added artifact ability or a meta talent.

Nothing meaningful was added, it just feels bad. And I'm sure there are plenty of cases similar to this.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be a tad earliy, but hwat do people reckon the odds are for the zombie invasion events beginning this week?
    Unlikely IMO, but that's largely as I don't see the expansion coming out until December at earliest. I suspect we'll get a bit of a warning and/or a release date before the event starts, at least a week.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wagering next week.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Imo 10th November. I think we will have 4 week gap between each event: 13th October (prepatch) -> 10th November (event) -> 8th December (launch) -> 5th January (season).

Also, today is old launch day. You may bet out of milions people that play WoW there is at least one unlucky guy who somehow avoided all news and is preparing for tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Imo 10th November. I think we will have 4 week gap between each event: 13th October (prepatch) -> 10th November (event) -> 8th December (launch) -> 5th January (season).

Also, today is old launch day. You may bet out of milions people that play WoW there is at least one unlucky guy who somehow avoided all news and is preparing for tonight.
    A guildie on mine claaimed to have met a guy during a Battleground or something who had somehow not learned that the expansion was delayed, nor realized that the actual pre-patch event had not even started.

A guildie on mine claaimed to have met a guy during a Battleground or something who had somehow not learned that the expansion was delayed, nor realized that the actual pre-patch event had not even started.
    A Guild member on my Discord also did not know the Expac had been delayed, and was getting excited for this coming week...

So there’s a twitter post talking about EU only having 1 day to cap and talking about soul ash and everything

Did they announce the date???

https://imgur.com/a/Xxbqc4S release day hint? not sure if its posted before

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    So there’s a twitter post talking about EU only having 1 day to cap and talking about soul ash and everything

Did they announce the date???
    It's nothing to worry about. Basically the question arose like it always does on whether it is more optimal for EU players to rush to level 60 to get in an extra weeks worth of resources like Soul Ash or Residuum, though it was fairly quickly said that like with Mythic dungeons and similar it would not be available until the servers reset, allowing players to take advantage of the full week to level without feeling pressured.

There is not in fact a new date announced yet, just the usual question raised.

Quote Originally Posted by rhode310 View Post
    What day does it point at tho would it be the release date itself or will it release earlier and after a few weeks this event happens.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by rhode310 View Post
    Likely doesnt mean anything. There was a similar event shown on teh PTR and Beta calendars with the release date that was debunked. More likely Blizzard is just testing whether the relevant calendar flags work properly.

It's nothing to worry about. Basically the question arose like it always does on whether it is more optimal for EU players to rush to level 60 to get in an extra weeks worth of resources like Soul Ash or Residuum, though it was fairly quickly said that like with Mythic dungeons and similar it would not be available until the servers reset, allowing players to take advantage of the full week to level without feeling pressured.

There is not in fact a new date announced yet, just the usual question raised.
    Is today Monday??

I shit you not I’ve been losing track lol
    The possibility of an announcement tomorrow still exists I guess though the tweet is confusing in the wowhead article though I shouldn’t be surprised because it’s the same as the rest of their crap now.

Not having soul ash the first week is fine by me lol I can split up the 8 runs to unlock everything and not be too asked about a quick grind. The lack of renown also makes me wonder about the release date....stick with me on this one

The 9.1 announcement hits on blizzconline
    By then the covenant campaigns should be done which requires 22 renown
    You get 1 automatically and then it’s supposed to be 3 a week until the campaign is finished so that means 7 weeks (unless they changed it)
    Now that 7 is just the minimum so you’re actually looking at 10 especially because holidays
    8th of December?