Thread: Arcane is bad!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Saratoya View Post
    No, you weave a blink between two casts losing a gcd (and sometimes taking damage which can kill you in relevant content or you cancel early you cast losing even more dps), effectively losing dps. And Alter Time does not have shimmer baked in.
    Yup, best example how nerfed Arcane is.. is to look at Mother. In BFA I could do Mother without moving at all and using no GCDs with Shimmer/Displacement. Now with this change I would loose tens of seconds in that fight just because Blink has a GCD.

I hope they tune arcane to be worse than frost so I dont have to play it. Hate the two button gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    I hope they tune arcane to be worse than frost so I dont have to play it. Hate the two button gameplay.
    its 3 and only 1 button less than frost

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    have fun with frost once they nerf the legendary that makes the spec do damage

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    have fun with frost once they nerf the legendary that makes the spec do damage
    Have fun with being shit dps as arcane

5+ Year Old Account
    Once they added Mirror Image back again they would add the glyph, because copies are casting frostbolts while playing arcane spec. I doesn't make any sense. I also got a feeling the survival rate is very low comparing to frost and spells generate a lot of aggro, which I find a bit uncomfortable to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Once they added Mirror Image back again they would add the glyph, because copies are casting frostbolts while playing arcane spec. I doesn't make any sense. I also got a feeling the survival rate is very low comparing to frost and spells generate a lot of aggro, which I find a bit uncomfortable to play.
    It is just you are either overgeared for the tank or he is bad. I am doing 20+ key and I have no issue with getting the aggro while aoeing. And I have no issue with survival either. If anything, I am one of the hardest to kill in the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    It makes alot of sense. It's a defensive CD now and they cast a spell that has defensive value, namely frostbolt with it's slow component. In places like Torghast this means that they will slow the enemy while it walks up to them and munches through them, giving you the time to run off and do something else.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharnie786 View Post
    On Beta there is a long setup before you even open. Everything seems to be on the GCD and the dmg outside of burst is so poor you go from top of the metres to bottom outside of cooldowns. With the 3 minute cooldown on AP (obviously can be altered by conduits and covenants) this means no viability in M+ at all. It has been the worst mage spec since HFC in terms of numbers alone, and in HFC it was just broken because of the trinket. The redesign in Legion started off wonky with Quickening where you'd actually not press anything for ages.

The new talents don't add anything to the gameplay that we don't already have. It seems the class is designed and then there are GO TO "choices" to be somewhat viable in maybe 1 aspect of the game.

Single Target opener = 10 seconds of setup and then 1 button until oom
    Single Target conserve = 3 buttons
    Single Target mini burst = 3 globals and then 1 button

AoE = 1 button and sometimes 2 depending on number of targets.

Mobility in Shadowlands is odd too. Displacement has been removed in the name of homogeneity. I don't think anyone said displacement makes me feel like I'm not playing a mage, they feel different in a bad way so remove it. Altered time is great but why did they remove Displacement?

They should bring back Displacement and make Arcane Orb or Nether Tempest baseline. They should also remove the GCD on some abilities. If you go Necrolord you need to add another GCD to your opener. It really makes no sense.

No one is actually talking about this because other than in PvP no one really plays Arcane. Everyone mentions Spriests but they've been top tier in terms of gameplay and DMG throughout Legion and BfA.
    Arcane mages have exactly the same problens of retribution paladins but with much less mobility than mages

My concern is about fire mechanics... i think i will continue going frost in SL
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

I mean if you’re gonna ask for things that duplicate frost like the orb, why not just play frost? I like that they’re different again as all three specs shouldn’t just be different by name and animations only

Meantime when looking for main - Arcane is S tier in majority of videos both pve or pvp. (which i hope will remain true at least one patch)