Thread: 2024 MLB thread

Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Figures the first game I miss since the CS started and its completely insane.
    I wish I'd missed it, felt like I wasted four hours of my life only to get Buckner'd.
    /s

Wild, wild ending last night. I missed the early innings but it sounded like Urias was dealing and Dave yanked him early.

My question is how does a team like LA only have two actual starters? It seems like if it’s not Kershaw or Buehler, it’s a bullpen game. It’s the fucking World Series and it seems like they’re comfortable basically handing Tampa two and potentially a third win just because they don’t have a third starter. Which now puts a ton of pressure on those two guys to win go out there and dominate because they literally can’t afford to lose those games. Potentially three bullpen games with a manager that has a sketchy at best reputation managing pitchers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    Wild, wild ending last night. I missed the early innings but it sounded like Urias was dealing and Dave yanked him early.

My question is how does a team like LA only have two actual starters? It seems like if it’s not Kershaw or Buehler, it’s a bullpen game. It’s the fucking World Series and it seems like they’re comfortable basically handing Tampa two and potentially a third win just because they don’t have a third starter. Which now puts a ton of pressure on those two guys to win go out there and dominate because they literally can’t afford to lose those games. Potentially three bullpen games with a manager that has a sketchy at best reputation managing pitchers.
    It’s almost worked though. Last night they lost in a triple error play, the previous loss was only a 2 run difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Good win but that game last night still hurts. I guess moving buehler up from 7 to 6 to try finishing it off would be too risky. They planned for a 7 game series when hey put kershaw and him at 1/5 and 3/7. Kershaw did well this series though. 2-0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

My question is how does a team like LA only have two actual starters? It seems like if it’s not Kershaw or Buehler, it’s a bullpen game. It’s the fucking World Series and it seems like they’re comfortable basically handing Tampa two and potentially a third win just because they don’t have a third starter.
    May, Urias, and Gonsolin were all regular starters during the season and pitched really well. Urias has been good as a 3rd starter in the playoffs. It seems like they don't trust Gonsolin at all right now and they've been using May as someone they can put in any role so he hasn't been used as a real starter. David Price was also supposed to be a starter but he opted out for the season.
    Last edited by Nellise; 2020-10-27 at 06:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Weird game. Feels like kind of a fuck off for the Dodgers. They as much as conceded it to move on to buehler for 7. Like they obviously want to win, but that would be a bonus, whereas if they lose its part of the plan.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't have a real plan for tonight except to hope for the best, its why game 4 was such a disaster, Kershaw should've been pitching the clincher on Sunday.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I guess moving buehler up from 7 to 6 to try finishing it off would be too risky. They planned for a 7 game series when hey put kershaw and him at 1/5 and 3/7. Kershaw did well this series though. 2-0.
    I'm waiting for Buehler to get pulled after 6 in Game 7 for Kershaw because Roberts wants a good story only to have Kershaw give up 2 homers right away again since teams do better and better against him the more they see him.

The Dodgers are going to be seeing Blake Snell in their nightmares for a long, long time.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is what happened to them in game 2, low score but batters disappeared. How much more could you ask of your starter but 1 run? It’s like their good hitting mostly coincides with great pitching

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing Tampa Bay manages their pitching staff even worse than Doc.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking Blake Snell out like that is like waving the white flag.

Kevin Cash is an idiot. Dodgers deserve to win after that. If I was Snell I would have shooed him off like Kershaw has done to Roberts before.

15+ Year Old Account
    Never make a move the other team is happy about

10+ Year Old Account
    Sucks that Justin Turner can't be there to celebrate, surprised they're getting covid results mid-game, hopefully its a false positive.

And here come the boos of Manfred
    /s

Apparently they got his last test back as inconclusive in the second inning and were just then about to test his sample from today.

Still more questions than answers but MLB just lucked out by having the Series end tonight.

Sucks that Justin Turner can't be there to celebrate, surprised they're getting covid results mid-game, hopefully its a false positive.

And here come the boos of Manfred
    Yeah that was pretty funny. He's definitely no Bud Selig. Selig would have laid the hammer down on the Astros.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently they got his last test back as inconclusive in the second inning and were just then about to test his sample from today.

Still more questions than answers but MLB just lucked out by having the Series end tonight.
    I heard yesterday was inconclusive and today was positive. I dunno. He was on the field, without a mask during the celebration and team photo. Gonna be ugly if its not a false positive.

15+ Year Old Account
    I heard yesterday was inconclusive and today was positive. I dunno. He was on the field, without a mask during the celebration and team photo. Gonna be ugly if its not a false positive.
    "The Classic LA team, the won the WS then all died of Corona."

Apparently he was asked to isolate and said “fuck that” and went back out on the field to celebrate. Eventually even the mask came off.

The Dodgers GM said given the situation he just “didn’t think anyone was gonna stop him.”

All kinds of yikes.

10+ Year Old Account
    After a world series that featured newer analytics based franchises, the white sox dusted off the oldest old-school manager around in Tony LaRussa.
    /s