Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    I think the high elf sorceress has violet eyes not purple. According to Sean Copeland aka Loreology "Arcane magic is canonically white and/or violet in the lore"
    source: https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Arch...from_Loreology

Dalaran also uses a lot of "violet" in names (Violet Hold, Violet Citadel) but is arcane focused as well. Arcane Missiles also appear violet.
    I’m not unconvinced it’s a bug still. I would t be surprised if it’s a retcon though. The blue eyes were originally from exposure to arcane magic, but WoW has always shown arcane magic to be purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Alleria has blonde hair. There is no reason why Void elves should be denied blonde, black, and other hair color options.

Blood elves can remain unique by giving them a set of Dark Ranger-themed customization options.
    I think Void Elves should stay Void Elves and High Elves should be its own option. What's the point of having Void Elves and then giving players the option to not look like a Void Elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yes. Yes, you did. The only reason you see a "lack of logic" in my "posture" is because you're trying to fit my "posture" into a pre-conceived notion of what you think my position is.

Because his words do not confirm that those blood elf npcs having blue eyes was not a bug, as you said in your original claim:

So you insist that I am "mad that blood elves got blue eyes" even when I never expressed said sentiment in our conversation and even told you that is not my position? Are you actually arguing in bad faith and trying to get an irate response out of me that would likely get me infracted?

Then why didn't Danuser, the lead narrative designer, didn't simply say so? "The fel taint disappears in time. Some got rid of it earlier than others." Such a simple response that would have helped so much in the discussion and would affect in nothing future stories. But, again, he resorted to that immature "I know but I'm not telling" response.

You would know what I'm asking, if you actually read my questions and arguments instead of creating a frigging strawman of my position and solely focusing on your strawman instead of addressing what I'm really writing.
    I really don't even know what you problem at this point. There are already several ways blood elves would have blue eyes, why Lanesh has blue eyes is irrelevant to that, yet you continue to dismiss Danuser -which again, he is the lead narrative designer FFS- when he says that it's not a bug said character has blue eyes and there's a story behind it even if it's not all that important to tell, because it's not all that much of an issue why blood elves can have blue eyes.

And again, if he says there's a story behind that NPC, how TF is that not confirmation it's not a bug? FFS, it all comes to you to refusing to believe the guy and that's ridic

I really have no clue what more do you want of this conversation or what even your gripe is at this point. Blood Elves HAVE blue eyes regardless of Lanesh's existence, even if no NPC's had blue eyes before implementation, it's moot, because BE have them NOW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edoll View Post
    I’m not unconvinced it’s a bug still. I would t be surprised if it’s a retcon though. The blue eyes were originally from exposure to arcane magic, but WoW has always shown arcane magic to be purple.
    The problem is that every female high elf has purple eyes, while male have blue. There's obviously a bug somewhere in that inconsistency.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    This makes the most sense to me. Add blonde, brown, and red with a dash of gray thrown in, like all of their other hair colors have.
    Basically; VE's can have more hair colors and hues, doesn't mean they have to have the same vibrancy than BE ones. Would be an interesting -and unlike now, not limiting- aesthetic differentiation if VE hair colors looked more washed out, kinda like how VE look with KT hair textures but even more desaturated even

(KT hair textures on VE, so kinda like this, but maybe more desaturated)

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I really don't even know what you problem at this point.
    And I've already explained why you "don't know":
    You assumed my position, and assumed wrong.
    The only reason you see a "lack of logic" in my "posture" is because you're trying to fit my "posture" into a pre-conceived notion of what you think my position is.
    There are already several ways blood elves would have blue eyes, why Lanesh has blue eyes is irrelevant to that, yet you continue to dismiss Danuser -which again, he is the lead narrative designer FFS- when he says that it's not a bug said character has blue eyes and there's a story behind it even if it's not all that important to tell, because it's not all that much of an issue why blood elves can have blue eyes.
    If the leader of NASA came out and said that the Earth is flat, would you believe him, "because he is the leader of NASA"? And again: Shadowlands heavily implies that Danuser was full of shit when he made that tweet, considering blood elves with blue eyes is nothing special, unlike blood elves with golden eyes. We know there are many ways a blood elf could have blue eyes, and the overwhelming majority of them do not involve any important story or plot element.

And again, if he says there's a story behind that NPC, how TF is that not confirmation it's not a bug?
    Do you believe 2K Games when they said that putting unskippable ads during match load time in their latest NBA game was unintentional? The reason it's not a confirmation is because he never said it's not a bug. His answer could very well mean "this is indeed a bug but we decided to just go with it" which even you admitted to be a possibility:
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    It's insane how you keep doubling down on dismissing Danuser when "yeah there's a reason that guy has blue eyes, might tell later" is all we need to know to define it as a bug or intended -even if it didn't start like that-

I really have no clue what more do you want of this conversation or what even your gripe is at this point.
    Because you don't care to find out what it is. You are dead-set on this "you are mad that blood elves have blue eyes" narrative, regardless how nonsensical and unfounded that accusation is, and no matter how many times I explain to you that is not my position.

Quote Originally Posted by vagnar View Post
    I think Void Elves should stay Void Elves and High Elves should be its own option. What's the point of having Void Elves and then giving players the option to not look like a Void Elf.
    IDK, what's the point of making the Blood Elves ethically-challenged hardcore pragmatists willing to scar themselves both spiritually and physically in order to shoehorn them into the Horde, and then letting players wish that away for 2.5g with a click of their mouse, while staying in the Horde? I mean, I know it's because the Korean girls they made them for don't want to be battle-scarred hardcases with brands on their face, but it's the cognitive dissonance that kills me.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

I would prefer that Blood Elves don't have blue eyes. At least lorewise they'd have Green or Yellow eyes now, any blue eyed Elves that returned to Silvermoon would be Gold eyes by now. The only blue eyed ones should be exiles that kept hanging around the Alliance away from the Sunwell or Void Elves. It would make it easier to play who's-who with elves from a gameplay perspective too.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I would prefer that Blood Elves don't have blue eyes. At least lorewise they'd have Green or Yellow eyes now, any blue eyed Elves that returned to Silvermoon would be Gold eyes by now. The only blue eyed ones should be exiles that kept hanging around the Alliance away from the Sunwell or Void Elves. It would make it easier to play who's-who with elves from a gameplay perspective too.
    I totally agree. It's what would've made sense to me as well to differentiate them, but belf players cry so much, they literally have to give them something to shut them up, like Nightborne aren't a thing and even slightly distinct from night elves model wise, something we didnt get with high/void elves, which was a complete copy paste.
    Just hear void/high elf players asking for hair colors cause basically there are only 4 to loads of belf ones and they flip. No, you can't have blonde even though your faction leader literally has it! Stop stealing from me! Etc. It's primitive.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-10-26 at 05:06 AM.

Except for the fact that fair-skin is part of the Void elf identity.

This is the Void elf leader:

So please stop saying that Void elves can ONLY have dark skin options, because that's just not true. It's like saying that Forsaken can only be rotting human zombies, look at Sylvanas and tell me with a straight face that that's true.

There's no way around this. Alleria Windrunner is a Void elf who possesses fair skin options, and she is the Void elf leader nonetheless, she isn't some obscure character with no story relevance. I've been saying this for years, and finally Blizzard got the memo.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Except for the fact that fair-skin is part of the Void elf identity.

This is the Void elf leader:

So please stop saying that Void elves can ONLY have dark skin options, because that's just not true. It's like saying that Forsaken can only be rotting human zombies, look at Sylvanas and tell me with a straight face that that's true.

There's no way around this. Alleria Windrunner is a Void elf who possesses fair skin options, and she is the Void elf leader nonetheless, she isn't some obscure character with no story relevance. I've been saying this for years, and finally Blizzard got the memo.
    She's not a Void Elf.

She's not a Void Elf.
    Except she is. She refers to herself as a Ren'dorei and is described as one in the Shadows' Rising official description:

[...] The Dark Lady and her forces now work in the shadows as both the Horde and Alliance, including her own sister, Alleria, race to uncover her next move. Struggling to shoulder the crushing weight of leadership, King Anduin entrusts the void elf and High Exarch Turalyon to uncover Sylvanas's whereabouts.
    And, in case you hadn't played the Seat of the Triumvirate dungeon, she kind of ate a dark naaru, to put it bluntly.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Except she is. She refers to herself as a Ren'dorei and is described as one in the Shadows' Rising official description:
    man I really don't care

man I really don't care
    I had noticed, yeah. Low post count, no avatar, "Join date: Oct 2020", I can spot a troll from a mile away.

Regardless I decided to indulge you since I enjoy explaining things, even if people don't listen to me.

And yet to this day forsaken (or blood elf) players cannot make their characters look like Sylvanas, who was their racial leader for 15 years or so. Void elves have been around for only 2 years and yet the entitlement level that they should look like Alleria is jaw dropping. The PC doesn't always get to look like leaders, leaders often have unique features to distinguish them from your "average joe".
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    And yet to this day forsaken (or blood elf) players cannot make their characters look like Sylvanas, who was their racial leader for 15 years or so. Void elves have been around for only 2 years and yet the entitlement level that they should look like Alleria is jaw dropping. The PC doesn't always get to look like leaders, leaders often have unique features to distinguish them from your "average joe".
    Shhh, it's too late. I got my fair skin options. Deal with it.

I already said that I think Blood elves should get Dark Ranger options like Sylvanas, so I don't know what you want from me. If you're so bothered by this great injustice, send a tweet to Blizzard.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-10-26 at 11:19 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good point. I always wanted that look back when I first entered her chamber back in vanilla... never got that.

Void elves got their light skin already so thats done.

- - - Updated - - -

Shhh, it's too late. I got my fair skin options. Deal with it.

I already said that I think Blood elves should get Dark Ranger options like Sylvanas, so I don't know what you want from me. If you're so bothered by this great injustice, send a tweet to Blizzard.
    There was still the outcry of haircolors.. is that done? Good.

Meh dark ranger should just become a class eventually. Just having undead skin with red eyes.. makes little sense.
    Then it becomes.. why are you undead?

Inb4 dark rangers are hunters with black arrow abillity.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember how long it took before orcs could have a stand up posture afther several years of begging blizz because our leader thrall looks like that. So many argument can be made against alleria.. on that topic. I want to look like gallywix or even jaina.. you cant because they are the leaders.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-10-26 at 11:36 AM.

I had noticed, yeah. Low post count, no avatar, "Join date: Oct 2020", I can spot a troll from a mile away.

Regardless I decided to indulge you since I enjoy explaining things, even if people don't listen to me.
    They intentionally designed her to look like a High Elf, not a Void Elf. That she says she "identifies" as a Void Elf and is their leader doesn't matter.

Void Elves have a certain design. It's purple hair colors, purple skin tones and weirdly glowing hair. You can create a character, that looks like a High Elf and say that's a void elf because lore blabla fallen naaru etc, but that doesn't change that she is a High Elf and looks nothing like a Void Elf.

I mean the obvious answer here is that she's an important lore character and people want to see the iconic Alleria look rather than have her look like a void elf, and when they first created her character model they didn't even have any intentions of having the void elves as a race for BFA.

So to use her appearance and point to that and say "look Void Elves can still look like pure High Elves" is highly dishonest.
    Last edited by vagnar; 2020-10-26 at 11:44 AM.

Probably because Sylvanas is a banshee piloting an Elven corpse while Alleria is the prototype for the entire void elf race. Sylvanas does not share anything in common with the Forsaken besides being dead, Alleria and the Void Elves are biologically and supernaturally identical. Any quibbles over a minorly different orign story (which is moot now, we have to make more void elves somehow) are obtuse nitpicks.

Sylvanas is an Elven Dark Ranger that leads the human Forsaken. Alleria is an Elven Void Elf that leads the Void Elves. A better equivalence would be orc players asking for upright bodies so they can better resemble their leaders, like Thrall. Which they got.

Really hope we dont see any Blood Elf players asking for scars and tattoos then. We need to make sure Lor'themar and Rommath stay unique, as leaders yknow
    Last edited by Wired-Lain; 2020-10-26 at 11:45 AM.

They intentionally designed her to look like a High Elf, not a Void Elf. That she says she "identifies" as a Void Elf and is their leader doesn't matter.

Void Elves have a certain design. It's purple hair colors, purple skin tones and weirdly glowing hair. You can create a character, that looks like a High Elf and say that's a void elf because lore blabla fallen naaru etc, but that doesn't change that she is a High Elf and looks nothing like a Void Elf.
    They intentionally designed her to look like a High elf because she's still a High elf when she first appears in Legion. Now she's a Void elf, since she consumed a dark naaru. This is stated directly in the official description of Shadows Rising.

Void elves have a certain design, indeed. They can have purple and dark skin. But they can also have fair skin, as they don't need to remain perpetually clouded in darkness. Masking your appearance is quite easy in the Warcraft universe, many people can just cast illusions on themselves to hide their true appearance. So No, it is entirely possible for a Void elf to disguise themselves as a fair-skin elf using magic.

And No, I don't feel like a High elf while playing my fair-skin Void elf. I mean, I could if I wanted to, but everyone refers to me as a Void elf, and I have Void spells as baseline racials, so No, I don't feel like a High elf at all, nor am I referred to as one by the people of the world.

Then again, I don't think you even have Void elves unlocked on your account. My advice: unlock them instead of wasting time trolling on the forums (by your own admission you are trolling). It shouldn't even take too long, I believe you only have to complete the Argus questline. Blizzard was so kind that they removed the reputation requirement!
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-10-26 at 11:46 AM.

They intentionally designed her to look like a High elf because she's still a High elf when she first appears in Legion. Now she's a Void elf, since she consumed a dark naaru. This is stated directly in the official description of Shadows Rising.

Void elves have a certain design, indeed. They can have purple and dark skin. But they can also have fair skin, as they don't need to remain perpetually clouded in darkness. Masking your appearance is quite easy in the Warcraft universe, many people can just cast illusions on themselves to hide their true appearance. So No, it is entirely possible for a Void elf to disguise themselves as a fair-skin elf using magic.

And No, I don't feel like a High elf while playing my fair-skin Void elf. I mean, I could if I wanted to, but everyone refers to me as a Void elf, and I have Void spells as baseline racials, so No, I don't feel like a High elf at all, nor am I referred to as one by the people of the world.

Then again, I don't think you even have Void elves unlocked on your account. My advice: unlock them instead of wasting time trolling on the forums (by your own admission you are trolling). It shouldn't even take too long, I believe you only have to complete the Argus questline. Blizzard was so kind that they removed the reputation requirement!
    I mean we're arguing about something that is based on shoddy lore to begin with.

What does it even mean to be a High Elf, Blood Elf or Void Elf? Is a Blood Elf Shadow Priest not also corrupted by the void?

Of course Alleria can be considered a Void Elf lorewise, but she looks like a High Elf 99% of the time when we see her, that's why I said I don't care about some book that says she identifies as something, because I don't respect the storytelling of Blizzard at this point anyway. It's highly inconsistent and illogical.

So really this argument has no point to it, and High Elves should be their own Allied Race and Void Elves should've never happened lorewise. The only thing they have to offer is a cute goth look.
    Last edited by vagnar; 2020-10-26 at 11:55 AM.

I mean we're arguing about something that is based on shoddy lore to begin with.

What does it even mean to be a High Elf, Blood Elf or Void Elf? Is a Blood Elf Shadow Priest not also corrupted by the void?

Of course Alleria can be considered a Void Elf lorewise, but she looks like a High Elf 99% of the time when we see here, that's why I said I don't care about some book that says she identifies as something, because I don't respect the storytelling of Blizzard at this point anyway. It's highly inconsistent and illogical.

So really this argument has no point to it, and High Elves should be their own Allied Race and Void Elves should've never happened lorewise. The only thing they have to offer is a cute goth look.
    That's cool, but I'm here to discuss Blizzard canon, not Vagnar's headcanon, so there's not much left to talk about between us.

Also, if you think Void elves have nothing to offer when the main storyline is heading towards a massive cosmic conflict, you need to rethink your considerations completely.