10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    What's the over/under on the Big M filing for divorce if Trump loses next week?
    she'll hold out till it looks like he'll be facing jail time or going fully broke.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats! That is truly good news and inspiring for us still in the trenches.

- - - Updated - - -

Is she deportable post-divorce? Is that how it works when you marry into a U.S. citizenship? I don't know at all, so I'm just asking.
    she got in by claiming to know 5 languages, and some other stuff
    if he suddenly went "No, that's bs, she just knows slovian and English" and for once he's not lying, I think she can be striped of her citizenship since she got it via fraud (like a true Trump)
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Full Joe Biden '60 Minutes' interview transcript here.

You will notice "he gets up and walks out" is not part of the Joe Biden transcript.

"Yeah but they wouldn't give a transcript of --"

He did not see her in a little while. He did not come back.

Now, you'll notice the bolded part above. That back and forth, where Trump was talking about an interview that Stahl says she did not give? You know what that means: 24 hours challenge time!

@DocSavageFan -- I know you're banned, but you can always read up on the issue anyhow, and possibly comment when you return.
    @lockedout
    @GreenJesus
    @Thwart
    @Ghostpanther
    @Zeth Hawkins
    @Hammerfest
    @the game
    @Derpleton
    @Healing Rain

I'm going to give you four options this time.

1) You say that Stahl did an interview with Biden during this election cycle. To take this answer, you must find it and link it.

2) You say that Trump used the plural "you" to refer to 60 Minutes, but was still talking about an interview from this election cycle. Again, to take htis option, you must find it and link it.

3) You say that Trump used the plural "you" to refer to the media in general, and as such, is using an overly-broad generalization and applying it to Leslie Stahl, despite neither Stahl nor 60 Minutes doing what Trump said. You don't need to link this one.

4) You say nothing, which I will take as admission that Trump lied about seeing any interview, and further by taking this action you admit you are a coward for refusing to answer when #3 is a fucking slow-pitch softball right over the goddam steam plate.

The election cycle is coming to an end, so no extensions. Those are your options, time starts now.
    ....not that I am supporting any of the people you have called out but... I've never ever personally seen anyone that you call out respond to your challenges. Have you considered all of them have put you on ignore at this point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinstorm View Post
    ....not that I am supporting any of the people you have called out but... I've never ever personally seen anyone that you call out respond to your challenges. Have you considered all of them have put you on ignore at this point?
    Moreover, they all seem to have given up defending things Trump has done a long time ago.

They save their posts solely for dropping in and posting statistically unsound polls, the latest Biden conspiracy, or news of someone they claim to be antifa tipping over a trashcan.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinstorm View Post
    Ignoring the truth doesn't make it go away. It just makes you intentionally ill-informed. That's why there's I keep adidng "if you don't respond, you admit you are a coward". It was always there, I just spelled it out. And yes, I think there have been a few responses, but even erring on the side of caution I could still count them on one hand.

I mean honestly, how hard is it to say "Trump over-generalized"? We'll see which is harder:
    1) a Trump supporter to admit Trump is not flawless, or
    2) a Trump supporter to admit they're a mewling terrified kitten pretending to be a man.

Or they could find the interview, I guess? Maybe Stahl lied. That'd be fair to point out, if it was true, wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Yeah.

Get fucked Pinochet. And all of you Chicago Boys. Social Democracy, ERE WE GO!
    What does chicago have to do with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    What does chicago have to do with this?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Boys

The Chicago Boys were a group of Chilean economists prominent around the 1970s and 1980s, the majority of whom were educated at the Department of Economics of the University of Chicago under Milton Friedman and Arnold Harberger, or at its affiliate in the economics department at the Pontifical Catholic University of Chile. Upon their return to Latin America they adopted positions in numerous South American governments including the military dictatorship of Chile (1973–1990). As economic advisors, many of them reached high positions within those.[1] While the Heritage Foundation credits them with transforming Chile into Latin America's best performing economy and one of the world's most business-friendly jurisdictions, critics point to drastic increases in unemployment that can be attributed to counter-inflation policies implemented on their advice.[2] Some such as Nobel laureate Amartya Sen have argued that these policies were deliberately intended to serve the interests of American corporations at the expense of Latin American populations.

Speaking of your signature, I've noticed that the mail is being delivered ALLLLLL day, including Friday night at around 7:30pm. I'm thinking the shenanigans (see also felonious voter suppression vis a vis GOP SOP) De Fuckwit attempted are being reversed.
    Judge ordered a month ago, and backed by:

The Postal Service also has to provide a status report by Friday at 5 p.m. to inform “the Court of its efforts to comply with this Court’s instructions here and in the previous order.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Thanks, I guess I could have done that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Undecided voters in 2020
    But you see, if he picks the clown, then in the last minute, JFK Jr will return, replace the clown, and perform the surgery even better than the surgeon could.

It's true, I saw it on a post on 4chan.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Undecided voters in 2020

I'm glad they decided to very unequivocally put in the "the clown has killed 200,000 people in the last 8 months" to make it 100%, concretely obvious that the clown in this scenario is Trump.

Not because I think they were being subtle at all (and that wasn't the point of the bit,) but because I think some right-wing people really have put on blinders to satire, irony and metaphor. Without that very obvious reference, I've no doubt that indeed some of them would read Biden as being the clown.

These are the people that read a work like 1984 (or rather, probably were forced to read it in high school) and their takeaway is that "Big brother" is a metaphor for the faceless shadow government deep-state they're convinced rules America, the "main stream media" that's against Trump is their propaganda machine, and that Trump is the protagonist trying to fight back against them.

They'll see a work that is a metaphor for racial discrimination (like Zootopia) and assume that it's the minorities that, by doing things like protesting against police brutality and trying to stick up for themselves, are the ones who are causing the "racial disharmony" in the United States.

These are the people who watch V for Vendetta, wherein people take a stand against a despotic, religiously monolithic government run by oppression and fear that targets, among other things, gay people and religious minorities, and assumes that they and Trump represent Guy Fawkes, fighting against the oppressive "deep-state establishment and corruption." To wit, while I haven't kept up with what those putzes in Anonymous are doing; I would most naturally assume they've probably slithered into 8chan and Qanon.

I think these sorts of criticisms need to become a little more blunt and a little less subtle, so that there's little wiggle room for people to misinterpret exactly who is having the finger pointed at them.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-10-26 at 04:46 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Moreover, they all seem to have given up defending things Trump has done a long time ago.

They save their posts solely for dropping in and posting statistically unsound polls, the latest Biden conspiracy, or news of someone they claim to be antifa tipping over a trashcan.
    Pearl clutching, sealioning, burnering, and nitpicking are all these people have left at this point. They can't defend the indefensible, and any time they try the GoP's (Or, more specifically, Trump's) actions end up demolishing their talking points within the span of days.

They latched like Titanic survivors to life rafts to the Hunter Biden bullshit because it's all they had at this point; the absolutely ironic pearl clutching about a former VP's son getting an unqualified business appointment because of his daddy. And now there's this nonsense about a sex tape? These shit heels are desperate for anything at this point.

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'm going to give you four options this time.

1) You say that Stahl did an interview with Biden during this election cycle. To take this answer, you must find it and link it.

2) You say that Trump used the plural "you" to refer to 60 Minutes, but was still talking about an interview from this election cycle. Again, to take htis option, you must find it and link it.

3) You say that Trump used the plural "you" to refer to the media in general, and as such, is using an overly-broad generalization and applying it to Leslie Stahl, despite neither Stahl nor 60 Minutes doing what Trump said. You don't need to link this one.

4) You say nothing, which I will take as admission that Trump lied about seeing any interview, and further by taking this action you admit you are a coward for refusing to answer when #3 is a fucking slow-pitch softball right over the goddam steam plate.

The election cycle is coming to an end, so no extensions. Those are your options, time starts now.
    Some combination of #3 and Donald either lying or misremembering. Believing him a liar here is entirely reasonable.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Oh no, they still defend. They defend him like their maiden has been dishonored and they need to ride in like an Orange Knight on their trusty steed, but usually their defending doesn't last long once they get ornery from being proven wrong repeatedly. Then they get banned and we wait two weeks for it to happen all over again.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan Rawdog McCain
    Texas is not in play!
    Don’t get excited, but yeah. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Don’t get excited, but yeah. Interesting.
    Texas isn't needed, but it'd sure be nice to get to really drive the nail into the GOP coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Texas isn't needed, but it'd sure be nice to get to really drive the nail into the GOP coffin.
    My philosophy on what's needed right now is if there's money and infrastructure to do it, push on all fronts. It'll only weaken Trump's spending capacity further.

My philosophy on what's needed right now is if there's money and infrastructure to do it, push on all fronts. It'll only weaken Trump's spending capacity further.
    Yeah, chasing red places like Texas (it was Arizona then) was a major reason Hilary lost, but that doesn’t seem to be the case here. Biden is laser focused on the three states she ignored and Trump flipped, but he just happens to have the resources to focus on places like Arizona, Iowa, NC, etc. I assume he’ll still lose Texas by at least 5, but if it’s actually competitive, and looks more like the Beto/Cruz race, that can only be a good sign for the rest of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    Yeah, chasing red places like Texas (it was Arizona then) was a major reason Hilary lost, but that doesn’t seem to be the case here. Biden is laser focused on the three states she ignored and Trump flipped, but he just happens to have the resources to focus on places like Arizona, Iowa, NC, etc. I assume he’ll still lose Texas by at least 5, but if it’s actually competitive, and looks more like the Beto/Cruz race, that can only be a good sign for the rest of the country.
    Beto was predicted to lose by 8-10 points but got within 2 points of winning. I'm not saying Biden will definitely win Texas, but it's in play.

Turnout turnout turnout. Beto did a great interview with Brian Tyler Cohen discussing this over the weekend.

Pretty good endorsement

These are the people that read a work like 1984 (or rather, probably were forced to read it in high school) and their takeaway is that "Big brother" is a metaphor for the faceless shadow government deep-state they're convinced rules America, the "main stream media" that's against Trump is their propaganda machine, and that Trump is the protagonist trying to fight back against them.
    Are you kidding? Those that believe that probably never read the book and are going off some far right website that told them that.

Beto was predicted to lose by 8-10 points but got within 2 points of winning. I'm not saying Biden will definitely win Texas, but it's in play.

Turnout turnout turnout. Beto did a great interview with Brian Tyler Cohen discussing this over the weekend.
    I mean, it was two years ago so I could be wrong, but I remember there were polls that had Beto at near even or slightly ahead, it certainly wasn’t predicted to be a blowout by the time the election happened. But I agree with you, if you have the money, dump it into as many extra states as you can, as long as you’re never taking your eye off the major ones.