Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Here's the litmus test.

Does your ideology fundamentally revolve around the oppression and extermination of minority groups? If;

NO: You're fine and it can be handled in a public forum of debate.

YES: You're a fascist and should be deplatformed and shunned from polite society.
    But don't that means that those shunned would form some kind of minority and that your ideology revolve around oppressing them ?

Like I said, slippery slope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    But don't that means that those shunned would form some kind of minority and that your ideology revolve around oppressing them ?
    Sure, why not. Now do why it's a bad thing to oppress fascists, if you're insisting on this bad faith argument.

And no, Jan, "oppressing fascists" is not fascism as you already admitted by acknowledging the paradox of tolerance is a thing. Nor is the slippery slope relevant because other groups do not hinge their ideologies on genocide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Sure, why not. Now do why it's a bad thing to oppress fascists, if you're insisting on this bad faith argument.

And no, Jan, "oppressing fascists" is not fascism as you already admitted by acknowledging the paradox of tolerance is a thing. Nor is the slippery slope relevant because other groups do not hinge their ideologies on genocide.
    I am more concerned about them grouping together as they would become an oppressed minority and starting to get violent and such as any oppressed minority would do.
    Last edited by Specialka; 2020-10-25 at 12:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am more concern about them grouping together as they would become an oppressed minority and starting to get violent and such as any oppressed minority would do.
    As opposed to being concerned about them grouping together and being freely able to attract adherents by virtue of having an open public platform when you've already acknowledged debating them doesn't work?

No, you're not. You're making excuses for bigots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I am more concern about them grouping together as they would become an oppressed minority and starting to get violent and such as any oppressed minority would do.
    They are already are violent, and have been since Mussolini.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    They are already are violent, and have been since Mussolini.
    As most extremist groups.

- - - Updated - - -

As opposed to being concerned about them grouping together and being freely able to attract adherents by virtue of having an open public platform when you've already acknowledged debating them doesn't work?

No, you're not. You're making excuses for bigots.
    Think what you want, not that I care. Agree to disagree, but clearly the society you want where someone can be frowned upon for thinking stuff you do like is not a society I would want to live in.

15+ Year Old Account
    The gun shots(and not as far away as you try to make them out to be) were in his back where his chasers was as well.
    His chasers? Why are you talking about more than one? And also, why are you talking about more than one gunshot? Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    As most extremist groups.

- - - Updated - - -

Think what you want, not that I care. Agree to disagree, but clearly the society you want where someone can be frowned upon for thinking stuff you do like is not a society I would want to live in.
    So what exactly is wrong with treating them as such

10+ Year Old Account
    I am more concerned about them grouping together as they would become an oppressed minority and starting to get violent and such as any oppressed minority would do.
    Using the NAMBLA argument? WOW... I’d hate for drunk drivers and wife beaters to get so oppressed as a minority, that they rise up.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a reminder... all the people that chanted “Jews will not replace us” were thinking that, before they were criticized for their chant. Just FYI...

- - - Updated - - -

Feefee the Snowflake... it’s a new animated cartoon I am not designing. Even fascist love Feefee the Snowflake...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Using the NAMBLA argument? WOW... I’d hate for drunk drivers and wife beaters to get so oppressed as a minority, that they rise up.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a reminder... all the people that chanted “Jews will not replace us” were thinking that, before they were criticized for their chant. Just FYI...
    That dude keeps getting banned for racist dogwhistles. Just ignore him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    That dude keeps getting banned for racist dogwhistles. Just ignore him.
    I just have trouble understanding why the following Unite the Right fascist rallies got cancelled, if not for the criticism. It doesn’t make sense... if they got a pass, they were already planning another rally. Criticism literally stopped more fascist rallies, not enable them...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I just have trouble understanding why the following Unite the Right fascist rallies got cancelled, if not for the criticism. It doesn’t make sense... if they got a pass, they were already planning another rally. Criticism literally stopped more fascist rallies, not enable them...
    The right wing abandoned common sense and logic a while ago.

Because that would be doing the same thing than they are doing and you would just putting yourself down to their level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because that would be doing the same thing than they are doing and you would just putting yourself down to their level.
    No, treating them like that is self-defense, nobody who wants me dead deserves any form of respect.

https://www.newsweek.com/nypd-office...n-code-1541965

At least three New York City police officers parked their patrol car on a crosswalk in the Flatbush neighborhood of Brooklyn Saturday night and repeatedly used the NYPD vehicle's loudspeaker to say "Trump 2020."
    Read as police go to 70% black or Hispanic neighbourhood and blare racist garbage. This is why ACAB.

How can that be anything but racist intimidation?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    https://www.newsweek.com/nypd-office...n-code-1541965

Read as police go to 70% black or Hispanic neighbourhood and blare racist garbage. This is why ACAB.

How can that be anything but racist intimidation?
    They clearly should be suspended before getting fire from the Police Force. It is not their place to do political advertisement.

The gun shots(and not as far away as you try to make them out to be) were in his back where his chasers was as well.

- - - Updated - - -

And that seems to me a very dangerous slope because you would be condemning ppl just because they do not think what you want. Who would be deciding what is good to think and what is not ?
    So, even if what you are saying is true, then that still doesn't help his case, in fact, it makes it worse. Because Rittenhouse shot someone that was unarmed and had no gun, so he didn't check his line of fire before shooting to see if someone presented an actual threat to him.

- - - Updated - - -

They clearly should be suspended before getting fire from the Police Force. It is not their place to do political advertisement.
    It is actually AGAINST THE LAW to be political in police uniform, in all 50 states.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    So, even if what you are saying is true, then that still doesn't help his case, in fact, it makes it worse. Because Rittenhouse shot someone that was unarmed and had no gun, so he didn't check his line of fire before shooting to see if someone presented an actual threat to him.

- - - Updated - - -

It is actually AGAINST THE LAW to be political in police uniform, in all 50 states.
    Someone charging at me is an actual threat.

Being against the law just aggravate their case. A police officer is not here to do politics.

Someone charging at me is an actual threat.

Being against the law just aggravate their case. A police officer is not here to do politics.
    When Rittenhouse was doing illegal things just prior to being chased? Yeah, he is still the aggressor since he was pointing his gun at someone trying to go to their car. At most, Rosenbaum was trying to disarm someone that was breaking the law.

Just another in a growing list of reasons why reforming and defunding the police needs to happen. This is a cop trying (unsuccessfully) to intimidate a witness and acting like a little child when his bullshit gets called out.