10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Yeah, the brains of Trump supporters that listen to Trump, INSTEAD OF FUCKING SCIENCE.
    I was referring to Europe. We all have strict measures, punishments and (as far as I can see) high acceptance and obedience of mask wearing.
    Yet numbers soar.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I was referring to Europe. We all have strict measures, punishments and (as far as I can see) high acceptance and obedience of mask wearing.
    Yet numbers soar.
    From what I understand, nope, you have a problem with ignorance there like we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    i live in europe... no strict measures here... and almost nobody wearing masks...
    Well unfortunately most people don't understand and probably only will when it hits close to home or they lose their job due to lockdowns.

Even then I doubt they will. I expect those kind of people to go riot for their liberties instead of wearing a mask and washing their hands

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well merchants are already selling xmas stuff on shells so yeah......................for 2 weeks already.
    That's rather normal isn't it? Not big on shopping for holiday stuff but do know it gets displayed fairly early.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I'm more concerned whether we will have normal summer holidays next year.
    Good point considering some nations are extending measures till May 2021.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Yet numbers soar.
    Well, in some parts of Europe (as in mine for one), there's actually not only VERY few measures taken by the authorities (although plenty of "advices on a completely voluntary basis") but the use of face masks is also straight out dissuaded from (here, by the very state epidemiologist himself). So, you really shouldn't paint with such a broad brush when it comes to Europe and corona, attitudes and responses vary a LOT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    From what I understand, nope, you have a problem with ignorance there like we do.
    Well, I can only speak for my city of course but here we have, I'd say 95% adherence. It's quite rare to spot a person w/o mask in a shop or a bus.
    Disabilities exist (I was one of them until temperatures came down and allowed me to wear a mask), so I refuse to label everyone w/o a mask as a "covidiot".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    That's rather normal isn't it? Not big on shopping for holiday stuff but do know it gets displayed fairly early.
    Yop, we start seeing Christmas sweets as early as friggin' September. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    i live in europe... no strict measures here... and almost nobody wearing masks...
    Night lockdowns, restaurants and all other non essential interior places closed, gatherings banned and fined and fines in some places for lack of masks outdoor.

10+ Year Old Account
    not where i live...
    Which is in Europe, the place with no restrictions.
    France, Spain, Italy, Germany and many other countries in the region are part of Africa.

10+ Year Old Account
    less than 50 cases where i live...
    Vatican city?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    In the entire country?
    I'm pretty sure the country in question is Sweden:

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone been able to wrap their heads around the idiocy that was the Whitehouse's mall Santa plan...?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Has anyone been able to wrap their heads around the idiocy that was the Whitehouse's mall Santa plan...?
    https://news.avclub.com/the-white-ho...-to-1845482502

Wait...was this the repurposing of the $300M that was supposed to go to a big "optimistic and uplifting" ad campaign featuring Hollywood celebrities that fell apart when the best they could do was Dennis Quaid and Shulem Lemmer?

Mall fuckin santas?

This administration is the very definition of, "Just put some makeup over your black eye and the problem will be solved. Yes, your husband will still be beating you but nobody will notice, and that's all that matters."

Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://news.avclub.com/the-white-ho...-to-1845482502

Wait...was this the repurposing of the $300M that was supposed to go to a big "optimistic and uplifting" ad campaign featuring Hollywood celebrities that fell apart when the best they could do was Dennis Quaid and Shulem Lemmer?

Mall fuckin santas?
    Well, it sort of makes sense.

A typical Santa is male, overweight, and elderly, right? All risk factors, and working close to lots of persons makes it even more important.

HOWEVER, they normally work between Halloween and Christmas - and you are not immune to covid immediately after being vaccinated - and the vaccine is not yet approved; so too late.

Oh, and it's not clear that the vaccine will be 100% effective. Having a mall santa getting covid and dying is a bit bad - having a mall santa doing that after vaccination is worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm... What percentage is infected in the White House/Fox?

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post

Hmmm... What percentage is infected in the White House/Fox?
    Trick question!!!

the answer is "not enough"/// s
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

when the fuck this shit ends?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    One day the people who handled your pandemic response will be held accountable.
    If the general population is okay with their approach: no, they won't.

My town is at 50.5 cases/100.000 in 7 days incident rate. It has 216.000 inhabitants.
    Unfortunately, I do not know how much we test, so it is difficult to put these numbers into perspective.
    We only have 2 dead people since this whole thing started though, so I'm guessing we're doing okay.

Still, music teacher told me yesterday that they decided to forego having a Christmas market this year. Bold move.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mitch McConnel just adjourned Senate until the 9th... no covid relief for at least 2 weeks... with cases climbing... hang on to your butts...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Looks like there is no way to fight this virus and we are going to live with the virus for a long time to come. man I miss nightlife and music events and festivals soo much

"Levels of protective antibodies in people wane "quite rapidly" after coronavirus infection, say researchers."

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54696873
    There is and we will. The same way we fought against polio and small pox. Vaccines and booster shots. And maybe annual vaccinations. Stay in good health, eat right and exercise. Avoid smoking anything which can damage your lungs and keep from becoming obese.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

lol... the politicians has no control over that response...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ministerial_governance...
    Eh...not sure if you're joking or not, to be perfectly honest. Who do you think has any control, then? The Public Health Agency? Because if you think it's them that in practice does the "ordering" and makes things actually happen, visavi limitations in attendance-numbers at events and the like, i think you need to go and re-examine this whole matter. The government enforces the stuff they ask for to happen. It's the government that controls THEM if they so choose - which they quite visibly do not chose to do (one sometimes wonder if Tegnell is the new prime minister, or what), something which in the end is probably very wise indeed anyways, seeing the sheer brilliance the government at large exhudes every time any of them opens their mouth (although it VERY obviously is more of a try to escape responsibility, just in case that would be needed later on). If you refer to the extreme measures some countries have taken (such as for example military police controlling curfew in the streets, ie martial law), then yes, as far as i know that isn't legal here outside of what would be tantamount to a state of war, basically.

I'm genuinely quite nonplussed at what you're refering to, really, unless I entirely missed some caveat or similar. Haven't you seen how for example the Swedish Football Association desperately tries to have the Minister for Culture lessen the limitations on attendance numbers? How some regional politicians have refused to simply adhere to the response of the Public Health Agency and instead added on more severe restrictions themselves, locally? Etc etc, and so on. Or are you thinking about the press conferences where the Public Health Agency tells everybody how people are to behave to lessen the effects of the pandemic? Because in the latter case, it's due to the fact that what they say is technically advice - i.e. voluntary. There's a reason that it wasn't them but the government that declared that the new limit on public attendance at sports events is 300 people.

if they would go in and intervene, they would be violating the constitution... it would be political and social suicide for any politician to try to do that...

and the people in FHM can't be legally punished for this... the law that would permit this was removed in 1976...
    You do realize that the government is, overall, entirely free to dictate what an agency is to do, right? Actually even at a detailed level. Ministerial governance pertains to indivual cases, perhaps also for very local ones (not entirely sure), hardly to overall stratagems or a general pandemic-response, or anything else pertaining to corona on a national level. Oh, and it's nice if your town is faring well, corona-wise...here, on the contrary, it's worse than it ever was.