Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Exorsus going Alliance for Castle Nathria

Well shit. Even if it's for a single raid, nice to see Alliance getting some WF action.

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it will be nerfed, like BoD Jaina and Troll Racial.

Of course it will be nerfed, Blizz can't allow actual race differentiation! That's too much of an RPG element!

It will only be nerfed after Blizz has made enough $$$ from race changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Right, the money from only one guild transferring means nothing to Blizzard.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Right, the money from only one guild transferring means nothing to Blizzard.
    Once the 'progression tip' news reac hthe public, there will be plenty of followers. I can imagine many ambitious (within server top 100) GMs seeing that and telling their guild that going dwarf will be the ONLY VIABLE METHOD of clearing Nathria on mythic. So, its not just 1 guild's money, and a guild of Exorsus'es level will have people transferring 4-5 characters each. So it will be a big sum of money. But I highly doubt that Blizzard will allow it (or let it be with the purpose of getting that faction or race change cash), plus there will be more people shouting that Blizz does it on purpose and so on. So in the end blizz will either be like 'your money, do what u want with it, if you're that stupid - spend on race change for a single raid', or they will fix it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Of course it will be nerfed, Blizz can't allow actual race differentiation! That's too much of an RPG element!
    I thought they wanted meaningful choices!

Well I think the difference is between having race differentiation and making one race feeling more "mandatory" than others in order to push world first. In an ideal they'd all be closer together. Whether the dwarf racial proves to be that strong who knows. Though I wish instead of nerfing a racial because of it they reduce effectiveness for certain ones in raids. For instance a raid wide aura in Castle that increases CD or changes it to remove 1 instead of all. Another option is just make them bleeds that can't be dispelled.

Though wouldn't Dark Iron Dwarf be better? Constant 1% physical reduction and the Bleed removal gives primary stat vs 2% Crit Dmg/Healing and 10% physical damage reduction with bleed removal.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2020-10-26 at 04:01 AM.

Happened before. Race-change to goblin for m-KJ, faction change to get Warfront on Ally for mythic week, all that.

Didn't cause an avalanche of transfers then, won't cause one now. There's lots of bleeds in Castle to be sure, but Blizzard is likely to just bring the hammer down and make those effects into generic debuffs you can't remove via Stoneform/Vial if it's really an earth-shattering advantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next beta build: Stoneform shares a cooldown with Vial.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacin9 View Post
    Once the 'progression tip' news reac hthe public, there will be plenty of followers. I can imagine many ambitious (within server top 100) GMs seeing that and telling their guild that going dwarf will be the ONLY VIABLE METHOD of clearing Nathria on mythic. So, its not just 1 guild's money, and a guild of Exorsus'es level will have people transferring 4-5 characters each. So it will be a big sum of money. But I highly doubt that Blizzard will allow it (or let it be with the purpose of getting that faction or race change cash), plus there will be more people shouting that Blizz does it on purpose and so on. So in the end blizz will either be like 'your money, do what u want with it, if you're that stupid - spend on race change for a single raid', or they will fix it.
    So far it seems only Exorsus is doing this, and Russians are known to be ...Russians, but not seeing this with the rest of the top guilds.

They will most likely change back to Horde once Nathria is on farm. The advantage of a large player pool is to strong for any guild to transfer away from for long.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Though wouldn't Dark Iron Dwarf be better? Constant 1% physical reduction and the Bleed removal gives primary stat vs 2% Crit Dmg/Healing and 10% physical damage reduction with bleed removal.
    My guess is they will go DI instead of regular dwarf since they have the exact same races available. Bu then again regular dwarf gets the static 2% crit strike damage/healing and frost resist along with the bleed removal with 10% physical damage reduction while DI gets the primary stat increase with use of it and only a passive that reduces physical attacks by 1%. I think tanks would be better suited for the DI while everyone else would be better suited with regular for the crit strike increase.

Isn't it a bit of a premature move to announce that before the expansion is even out?
    Blizzard will probably end up nerfing the racial if it ends up being a huge deal in Castle Nathria.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Mommy View Post
    Isn't it a bit of a premature move to announce that before the expansion is even out?
    Blizzard will probably end up nerfing the racial if it ends up being a huge deal in Castle Nathria.
    They still get the leveling bonus, which is probably worth it for many of them.. is what I'd like to say, but they have to finish the main scenario anyway before they are even allowed to wipe their on asses at level 60 so yea, it seems a bit early. Unless they really care about world first 60(again).

Btw, this all reminds me eerily of people asking GMs to get them their Luffa back in BC.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-10-26 at 06:56 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Exactly. The problem is very obvious and Blizzard could easily fix it today if they wanted, but somehow they don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    My guess is they will go DI instead of regular dwarf since they have the exact same races available. Bu then again regular dwarf gets the static 2% crit strike damage/healing and frost resist along with the bleed removal with 10% physical damage reduction while DI gets the primary stat increase with use of it and only a passive that reduces physical attacks by 1%. I think tanks would be better suited for the DI while everyone else would be better suited with regular for the crit strike increase.
    They all went normal dwarves. Dark Iron SIM lower for every single class and spec than normal dwarves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfacin9 View Post
    Highly unlikely. I don't see RL's of top 100 on server (which consists of guilds that can't even clear entire instance on Mythic, my 11/12M guild is rank 76 on top populated realm) forcing their entire roster to swap back and forth for that extra edge. It MAAAAAAYBE will be true for top 5. More probable theory is that Blizz implemented so many bleeds to make Kyrian Cov more attractive (and because it fits the raid theme, obviously). As it was said, top guilds switching race/faction for extra advantage is nothing new, but you don't really see other follow suit.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-10-26 at 07:21 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Really I just see world first pushers possibly following suit. You might get some top 100 guilds that are already Alliance doing some race changes, but even then I doubt the entire guild would do it unless they supported their raiders with bnet balance and spared their guildies the cost of it.

yeah,and those elements are extremly bad in a competitive mmo,this isnt a singleplayer game like divinity original sin,all racials should have ZERO performance and special abilities like removing dots gone,have them all be cosmetic stuff or quality of life,vulpera bags and transmog reduction cost are very good ones,we wouldnt have the insane faction imbalance that way also

this remind me of trolls in mop,but i dont think it was nerfed then,think it was changed in wod to give beast xp instead of dmg

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    yeah,and those elements are extremly bad in a competitive mmo,this isnt a singleplayer game like divinity original sin,all racials should have ZERO performance and special abilities like removing dots gone,have them all be cosmetic stuff or quality of life,vulpera bags and transmog reduction cost are very good ones,we wouldnt have the insane faction imbalance that way also

this remind me of trolls in mop,but i dont think it was nerfed then,think it was changed in wod to give beast xp instead of dmg
    Or maybe stop caring about one tier in a literal couple of top guilds. I've played there and while this would have to be given consideration, I now see how hurtful it is to the game overall.