Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Put a poll up. Yes means we lose a raid tier but your gnome gets fixed. No if we keep the raid tier and you have to delete your gnome.
    Never been much of a raider anyway.

Is it just the combat one that you have a problem with? Gnomes are definitely one of the most expressive races.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vagnar View Post
    She looks awful when she's casting

I would attempt to fix it but I asked my girlfriend and she said there was gnome way...

the most important question here, nobody asked ?!?:

you go 180 degrees with your camera, while in combat and casting ???

i play this game since 15 years and have not the slightest clue how my chars faces look while casting. and for the reason how the game is designed, i dont give a fuck. i see the back of my characters and their front on char selection screen. thats it.

crazy...

10+ Year Old Account

Angry casting is awesome.

What I wish they would change is the stupid "battle stance" animation for every race after you cast a spell. You should be able to toggle that off.

7+ Year Old Account

Unhappy

This is literally the "essence" of new models, this is what they were so eager for and finally implemented in them... if believe friend, then such nonsense is (within Blizzard's art team) author's mark of Chris G. Robinson and his team. Not that it was something original within framework of game development, but its amplitude/pretentiousness/grotesqueness that is all their work, this is all their "vision". It was definitely on old EU forum, hmm, right <here>. I.e. these guys *pointing up* are trying to shove this disgrace already since TBC, but old models (fortunately) had certain limitations that didn't allow "caricaturists" to set up at full capacity... and then they made these new scary models, replaced old ones with them and thereby completely freeing own hands.

"This is how the story ends"

Here people talk about "combat animations/battle stance", but this isn't entirely truth, it doesn't describe situation fully. Models grimace almost at any moment of time and very often even in rest poses (which is what author accented in link - twitch, twirl their eyes like mentally ill... they can't even breathe correctly, as old did, only swing and twitch with their whole body) and this is absolutely uncontrollable and disgusting, but without this, their new faces looked like each other almost as two drops of water, still mostly do. New customization somewhat improves situation a little, but still it's same geometry and same "same face syndrome", and I'm not even going to recall about same inconsistency with old ones (and skip how personally a lot of them are disgusting to me).

Note. My old idea is still valid, but, apparently, difficult to implement and it also doesn't solve "same face syndrome" problem they generated.

ps. Well, some of us, apparently, do "give a f@ck".
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2020-10-27 at 11:22 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

They are more likely to add a boob slider than to fix that face.

or so i hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    They could do with fixing a lot of faces when you cast. It's so off putting.
    I mean, who plays with the camera facing their character's face? In combat, no less.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want an option to have the female gnomes ''smile'' face that they remvoed during WoD because people fucking complained about every face having a smile...

...So instead of all faces having a smile, they removed it completely...

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    the most important question here, nobody asked ?!?:

you go 180 degrees with your camera, while in combat and casting ???

i play this game since 15 years and have not the slightest clue how my chars faces look while casting. and for the reason how the game is designed, i dont give a fuck. i see the back of my characters and their front on char selection screen. thats it.

crazy...
    the animation is for spells like teleports and pet summons, who take a bit longer, so yeah I flip the camera around and look at my characters

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    I mean, who plays with the camera facing their character's face? In combat, no less.
    it's not in combat

Well yeah, it's a gnome.

More seriously: i like my gnomes overly expressive, i mean they're tiny squeaky bouncy balls of emotion, if they were all dour and serious people would wonder why Blizz had bothered to add them.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

New models seriously have bad faces and I mean the differences between them are minimal(compared to the older ones) and the animations are exaggerated.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the official forums, and Blizzard reads here too.
    Yea because the fan site will give you more 'exposure' to your 'third-world problem', than the official forums...
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    Yea because the fan site will give you more 'exposure' to your 'third-world problem', than the official forums...
    yeah... so why should I go to the place where less people will read this?

thanks for the reminder of how awful the model rework has been

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    What I wish they would change is the stupid "battle stance" animation for every race after you cast a spell. You should be able to toggle that off.
    Agree so hard. I hate it that they removed the racial idle animations for casters. They barely hold their weapons anymore because of it. It also look the same on all races/classes and I am just why? It removed the personality each race/class combo had.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah... so why should I go to the place where less people will read this?
    You do know the difference between official gaming forums and fan sites, do you not?

Once you work that out then you are heading in the right direction to give your 'issue' a better chance at being seen by the devs.

Any more hints required for you?
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    You do know the difference between official gaming forums and fan sites, do you not?

Once you work that out then you are heading in the right direction to give your 'issue' a better chance at being seen by the devs.

Any more hints required for you?
    I've already addressed this before you brought it up.

Aside from the things I've already said, you need to get enough people to care about something for anyone to think that something matters. Making a thread on the official forum where no one looks at it, isn't gonna help. Even if a dev sees it there, he's just gonna go "I guess nobody cares".

And again, you can say this about anything. Why even post on a fansite at all? Why are you here? Anything you could possibly say would be better posted on the official forums.
    Last edited by vagnar; 2020-10-26 at 10:10 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nightborne female casting face also looks super weird.

But what can I say.. Nightborne faces..

I wish she had the squinty eyes