Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Yanno, I thought the Steelers were gonna bounce back after Big Ben was out last year, but the only undefeated team left in the league after week 7? I didn't see that coming.
    As much as I hate the Steelers, Mike Tomlin can coach. That team had no business getting to 8 wins last year and even this team doesn’t feel like it’s THAT good. He gets a ton of shit but Tomlin is a top 5 coach. Probably top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    As much as I hate the Steelers, Mike Tomlin can coach. That team had no business getting to 8 wins last year and even this team doesn’t feel like it’s THAT good. He gets a ton of shit but Tomlin is a top 5 coach. Probably top 3.
    I still have no idea how they won 8 games when averaging 18 points a game. That would be like the Giants winning 8 games this year if their offense stays the same.

Now they are scoring 30 a game with less turnovers. Shows how bad their backup QBs are..

Mike Purcell is out for the year with a lisfranc Injury. Good thing he got a new contract before getting hurt.
    Last edited by Grube; 2020-10-26 at 06:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    First time posting in this thread. Jets fan here...need I say more?

Need I? No. Will I? Why not? Mims & Becton come back from injury, and for about 20 minutes we looked like an NFL team...and then gained 25 yards over the final 35 minutes, and 4 after halftime. 4, count em, 4. How many letters do I have to type so that, if laid in a row, they'd make 4 yards? I'd wager not more than a paragraphs' worth or so.

40 years of this misery, and no hope in sight. You'd think I mained Ret in Classic being used to that kind of masochism.

Lot of offense in the league this year, a lot of scoring too. (not by my team) I wonder if it'll taper off as it gets colder, a few years ago the first half of the season was very similar, but by the end of the year even the hottest teams had cooled off for the most part. Time will tell I suppose.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    at least the Vikings didn't lose this weekend.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

I’ve somehow managed to watch at least half the Bears games this season and I’m constantly amazed at how mediocre they are. How is this team 5-1?

10+ Year Old Account
    Love watching some defense for once.

- - - Updated - - -

I love good punt plays too.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    First time posting in this thread. Jets fan here...need I say more?

Need I? No. Will I? Why not? Mims & Becton come back from injury, and for about 20 minutes we looked like an NFL team...and then gained 25 yards over the final 35 minutes, and 4 after halftime. 4, count em, 4. How many letters do I have to type so that, if laid in a row, they'd make 4 yards? I'd wager not more than a paragraphs' worth or so.

40 years of this misery, and no hope in sight. You'd think I mained Ret in Classic being used to that kind of masochism.

Lot of offense in the league this year, a lot of scoring too. (not by my team) I wonder if it'll taper off as it gets colder, a few years ago the first half of the season was very similar, but by the end of the year even the hottest teams had cooled off for the most part. Time will tell I suppose.
    A..........Jets fan? In the year of our Lord 2020?

A miraculous sighting!

A miraculous sighting!
    See you removed the Pats banners though...

Yea we exist and have achieved Browns status at this point. Good luck with Cam, I would bet they beat the Pats for their only win at this point...division games can end up like that.

Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    See you removed the Pats banners though...

Yea we exist and have achieved Browns status at this point. Good luck with Cam, I would bet they beat the Pats for their only win at this point...division games can end up like that.
    uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what is this blasphemy?

I've been a diehard Bills fan for 32 years.

There is a mod who does cheer for the Patriots though, his name is xskarma. He is completely irrational when it comes to knowing who to cheer for, just like the rest of y'all except dwight.

10+ Year Old Account
    The notion of Esch, of all people, ever being a Pats fan, is fucking killing me.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    The notion of Esch, of all people, ever being a Pats fan, is fucking killing me.
    Finally bought into Patriots culture
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2020-10-27 at 01:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

15+ Year Old Account

A miraculous sighting!
    Yep, though it’s not shocking that we’re rarer now. Eleven seasons now without a playoff appearance; even for them that’s a long stretch.

Bad drafts, bad signings, bad coaches...and every week comes a new and unusual way to lose.

I have no doubt they’ll find a way to win enough games to allow another team to get a shot at Trevor Lawrence, that’s a very Jets thing to do. Not that there seems to be anyone on the schedule they can beat, but you never know.

A bit surprised at the Patriots stumbles. I knew they’d regress without Brady but we all put so much stock in Belichick...I mean, he won 10 games with Matt Cassel. I still think their defense can win some games for them, and maybe they find their way on offense.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

The problem with the Patriots, outside of who they had opt out, is Cam Newton is terrible at throwing from the pocket. Their offense has relies on quick, short passes and he can't do that very well.

The Jets might stumble into a win at some point. They still have the Chargers to play and they are really good at losing games they should win.

He is completely irrational when it comes to knowing who to cheer for, just like the rest of y'all except dwight.
    Some of us picked the team that is better at losing Super Bowls

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    The Jets might stumble into a win at some point. They still have the Chargers to play and they are really good at losing games they should win.
    I always thought of that as a rivers thing, even when they had a legit dream team in the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I always thought of that as a rivers thing, even when they had a legit dream team in the playoffs.
    Its always been more than him, like when they had the #1 offense and #1 defense but their special teams was so bad they went 9-7 and missed the playoffs.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Finally bought into Patriots culture
    That Patriot Way working real well innit?

Almost like they had a Hall of Fame QB at the reins for 20 years.

I hope we crush them into a fine dust on Sunday, but knowing the Bills, and how they've been playing recently.....not overly confident in that.

At least I'm currently winning my bet with NG......but we do have the 3rd hardest schedule remaining in the league. Arizona and SF and Seattle.....no one really knew how good those teams were gonna be, it seems....and they all seem to be really fuckin' good.

Even Steelers, which I had marked as a win prior to the season.......looks like a toss up to me, tbh. Probably in the Steelers favor.

10+ Year Old Account
    esch being mistaken for xskarma is the funniest thing Ive ever read.

HEY PATS FAN ESCH

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did not realize the Jaguars are suddenly one Jets win from being right in the thick of Tank for Trevor.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    esch being mistaken for xskarma is the funniest thing Ive ever read.

HEY PATS FAN ESCH
    Why are y'all acting like it's an insult... I'm right here you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Patriot Way working real well innit?

Almost like they had a Hall of Fame QB at the reins for 20 years.

I hope we crush them into a fine dust on Sunday, but knowing the Bills, and how they've been playing recently.....not overly confident in that.

At least I'm currently winning my bet with NG......but we do have the 3rd hardest schedule remaining in the league. Arizona and SF and Seattle.....no one really knew how good those teams were gonna be, it seems....and they all seem to be really fuckin' good.

Even Steelers, which I had marked as a win prior to the season.......looks like a toss up to me, tbh. Probably in the Steelers favor.
    Half way into the season and we don't even have a forfeit yet.

I'm just thankful to get out of those first 6 games largely roster intact and at .500 or higher. The remaining 10 is where we can establish a playoff run. Browns, Jets, Dolphins, Colts, Falcons, Broncos twice and Chargers twice? Even without the return Chiefs game there's easily 6 wins to get us 9-7 and wildcards or 10+ for a certain playoff berth.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.