Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    instead of nerfing the racial just make the bleeds in this one raid not removed by it.. would make more sense.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Right, the money from only one guild transferring means nothing to Blizzard.
    3 guilds x 20 characters x 30 euro's. im sure a 1000 euro's just from faction changes alone in a few days means noithing to blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    It would be funny if enough people went Alliance for the experience bonus to reduce its effectivenes down to 10%
    Absolutely, but then again I don't see why people would transfer for that in the first place. They massively reduced the XP needed recently and you still need to finish the storyline, so what is the point of dinging 60 earlier and then having to quest anyway? Just for alts, where it still isn't clear if the skip-mode is even worth it? :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    instead of nerfing the racial just make the bleeds in this one raid not removed by it.. would make more sense.
    Half the bleeds (usually on non-vampire bosses) in there only exist to make stuff like the kyrian potion valuable to begin with. It would be super weird to just exclude the dwarven racial, especially since alliance needs any impetus, no matter how small, to prevent their raiding scene from disintegrating (rapidly). Unless they changed it many of them have in-encounter methods of removal, the potion/skill would just be massively more efficient.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-10-26 at 03:06 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

an alliance racial being important in a raid?!

nerf inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    I'd rather have them nullify racials and have people choose a faction based on appearance/lore whatever instead of niche uses for X racial on a special Y moment of an xpac like this specific situation with Nathria. Would maybe solve a lot of pvp issues too.
    Many pick factions based on recruitment pool, which is a positive feedback loop of 1 faction being stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Absolutely, but then again I don't see why people would transfer for that in the first place. They massively reduced the XP needed recently and you still need to finish the storyline, so what is the point of dinging 60 earlier and then having to quest anyway? Just for alts, where it still isn't clear if the skip-mode is even worth it? :/

- - - Updated - - -

Half the bleeds (usually on non-vampire bosses) in there only exist to make stuff like the kyrian potion valuable to begin with. It would be super weird to just exclude the dwarven racial, especially since alliance needs any impetus, no matter how small, to prevent their raiding scene from disintegrating (rapidly). Unless they changed it many of them have in-encounter methods of removal, the potion/skill would just be massively more efficient.
    I'd rather see the bleeds in the raid changed vs changing a racial though... assuming either happens. I'm ok with leaving as is.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    They all went normal dwarves. Dark Iron SIM lower for every single class and spec than normal dwarves.
    That's why I said tanks going DI with everyone else going normal. The perks for DI makes more sense for tanks than a normal dwarf.

im seeing new opportunities for blizzard here to squeeze the tryhards for their money. every new raid has a new mechanic that can be countered by a racial . first the jaina troll thing now this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Clear case of Pay to Win.

Do people honestly think think blizzard didn't take into account stoneform when making the bleed? They aren't going to put it on a shared cd with kyrian vial, or make it not dispell these bleeds. For such a small portion of the player base, making a temporary change, they aren't going to screw over a large chunk of their customers who play dwarf normally. And I also find it funny that so many people are bitching about Alliance having a top tier racial for one raid, when horde racials have been superior for raiding for 1 1/2 decades.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Would be nice if all the raids in Shadowlands catered to the Alliance racials for once. Might make the top 100 leaderboards that tiny bit more even.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Would be nice if all the raids in Shadowlands catered to the Alliance racials for once. Might make the top 100 leaderboards that tiny bit more even.
    Remember how that worked for 8.3 when the alliance had the overwhelming majority of better racials (mathematically, not based on Feelscraft)?

3+ Year Old Account
    If the Bleeds are super big important parts of the fight I'm sure they'll just not be removable by vial/stoneform.

If they're not, then w/e.

Not to mention paladins are going to be in extra demand if the bleed is a big deal. Being able to quick bop it off will be great.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

bring out your luffas people. for me it is mind blowing how far these people go just for 1 boss.
    some people have too much free time and money.

good luck to them with the race.

I'd bet money that the bleed removal gets nerfed 2 days before mythic drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    3 guilds x 20 characters x 30 euro's. im sure a 1000 euro's just from faction changes alone in a few days means noithing to blizzard
    m8 WoW makes near enough to $270 million a quarter, blizzard doesn't care about a thousand euro coins.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    That's why I said tanks going DI with everyone else going normal. The perks for DI makes more sense for tanks than a normal dwarf.
    Not sure what are you talking about. Normal dwarves SIM better than all specs, including tanks. We are talking about world first racing guild. Tank dps matters as much as everyone's else's. Not to mention I don't see why dark Iron would be better for tank role anyway. 1% constant physical reduction Vs 10% during stone form isn't a clear winner.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    Do people honestly think think blizzard didn't take into account stoneform when making the bleed? They aren't going to put it on a shared cd with kyrian vial, or make it not dispell these bleeds. For such a small portion of the player base, making a temporary change, they aren't going to screw over a large chunk of their customers who play dwarf normally. And I also find it funny that so many people are bitching about Alliance having a top tier racial for one raid, when horde racials have been superior for raiding for 1 1/2 decades.
    Well my goblin still can't use rocket jump during heroic leap or when under slow fall effect, which was changed during kiljeaden shenanigans, so I wouldn't be so sure about that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    The problem with that is you're then explicitly removing one of the passive benefits of playing a Dwarf. This would make sense if we simply removed everyone's racial abilities, but to specifically make changes to just make Dwarves not have an advantage would be a bad change.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Sharnie786 View Post
    Now all we need is 2 expansions where Alliance racials are OP in raids for this to actually result in a paradigm shift.
    Don't expect anything to change, when blood elf racial was nerfed for m+ did people swap back to alliance? Nope. They use Nelfs in MDI tournament realm and stay horde on live. Same thing with warmode bonus, Limit swapped for a week to alliance, got their bonus item, and swapped back. Meanwhile horde complained so much that weekly reward was nerfed to uselessness in less than 2 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Many pick factions based on recruitment pool, which is a positive feedback loop of 1 faction being stacked.
    I wonder how long they're gonna pretend this is 2 faction game while nearly every region gravitates towards not "faction vs faction" but "everyone vs nobody" divide.