Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Spoilers: Anduin's captivity

So i finished one of the longest runs in Torghast, was about 17 floors, anyway Bolvar sends you to find clues to Anduin's wearabouts.

After you get these clues, this interaction ensues.

In the quest Blurb after I hand in, Bolvar says that we cannot allow Sylvannas to carry out her plans. Then this interaction between Thrall, Baine, Jaina, Calia and Bolvar takes place.

So what's the deal? they trying to corrupt Anduin? What makes him so special?

Fyi: There's a cut scene but they don't show it, just a place holder. This activates after Bolvar tells you to attune to the helm so he could peer inside the maw.
    Last edited by tommyhil622; 2020-10-27 at 01:10 AM.

Wait... they are calling the player "Maw Walker"? God that's bad. I just assumed you'd be called something related to your covenant like in legion you were the "DEATHLORD" or whatever title your class got.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Sylvanas was toying with him? Breaking everything? Well now, that sounds like nice premise for a femdom shota hentai if i ever saw one.

Quote Originally Posted by Factcheck View Post
    Wait... they are calling the player "Maw Walker"? God that's bad. I just assumed you'd be called something related to your covenant like in legion you were the "DEATHLORD" or whatever title your class got.
    yeah the jailer gets talked about like he is the boogeyman of the shadowlands, the maw is the dreadful place everybody is afraid of getting sent to, and nobody has ever come back from it

so of course you're the only one capable of achieving exactly that cause you are awesome

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Sylvanas was toying with him? Breaking everything? Well now, that sounds like nice premise for a femdom shota hentai if i ever saw one.
    seems to me like it's supposed to mirror arthas breaking bolvar

blizzard and not being able to come up with something new

I mean the jailer is basically just like the new lich king

pretty much same role, same function, but he's like the lich king behind the lich king

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... I wish they'd just give us the option to choose how npcs refer to the player character, I'd much rather they just call me by my name, or my order hall title, or my oldschool PvP rank or even just "champion" or "hero" again... something, anything, just let us choose how we wish to be addressed, because I don't want to be referred to by the cringeworthy title "maw walker" for an entire expansion...
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

5+ Year Old Account
    Nah, Maiev + Illidank was a much better version

More on topic, another expansion getting to hear about Purity Sue Anduin, and to witness every single character drooling over him, - even if he's physically absent. Yay
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

3+ Year Old Account
    I wanted Alleria and Turalyon but this is fine I guess

- - - Updated - - -

on topic: why do I feel like Anduin is being set up as Arthas 2.0 ?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Well his father was like half wolf or something. Maybe Anduin will echo that sort of thing by becoming half cow or half cockroach.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Nah, Maiev + Illidank was a much better version

More on topic, another expansion getting to hear about Purity Sue Anduin, and to witness every single character drooling over him, - even if he's physically absent. Yay
    Ah there's the endgame, Anduin will redeem the Lich Queen and the Jailer with the power of his nontoxic masculinity! By the Power of Soy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    Well his father was like half wolf or something. Maybe Anduin will echo that sort of thing by becoming half cow or half cockroach.
    We already have a half-cow Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    blizzard apparently like to make things the same, like bfa being mop and sylvanas garrosh, jus to spin the awesome plottwist that they are not the same at all and we once again got bamboozled by their awesome writing

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Manduin, an Arthas reenactment? Hardly. If anything, he's being set up as an anti-Arthas, i.e. what Arthas could have been had he not gone full Darth Vader. Much like Varian was introduced with the sole purpose of being the "good" counterpart to Garry.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    So i finished one of the longest runs in Torghast, was about 17 floors, anyway Bolvar sends you to find clues to Anduin's wearabouts.

After you get these clues, this interaction ensues.

In the quest Blurb after I hand in, Bolvar says that we cannot allow Sylvannas to carry out her plans. Then this interaction between Thrall, Baine, Jaina, Calia and Bolvar takes place.

So what's the deal? they trying to corrupt Anduin? What makes him so special?
    Well, he WAS her counterpart and rival for two expansions. He's also a prominent Light-wielder, while Sylvanas has thrown in evil.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

He's special because he's a Mary Sue. A Gary Stu if you will. Bleh. Having Sylvanas get so worked up about him is frankly insulting to her.

Can't they just call us "Jeff" or something like that after all these years?

People forget that Anduin can wield both Light and Shadow. In MoP, he used Mind Control to bend the brain of a lowly dwarf. The Jailer is trying to twist Anduin into embracing the Void and discarding the Light, perhaps hoping that this would throw the Alliance into jeopardy. Imagine if the High King of Stormwind embraced the shadows, such scandal! The Ren'dorei can get away with it because they are a rather low-profile sect of elves, but Anduin certainly doesn't have that luxury.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-10-27 at 08:55 AM.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    People forget that Anduin can wield both Light and Shadow. In MoP, he used Mind Control to twist the brain of a lowly dwarf. The Jailer is trying to twist Anduin into embracing the Void and discarding the Light, perhaps hoping that this would throw the Alliance into jeopardy. Imagine if the High King of Stormwind embraced the shadows, such scandal! The Ren'dorei can get away with it because they are a rather low-profile sect of elves, but Anduin certainly doesn't have that luxury.
    At this point, it wouldn't really make a difference. They have removed all gravity from the setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    More Anduin drooling, can we just skip to the part where Jaina is a dreadlord after all.

Shadow spec Anduin incoming

shadow priests are the op class of shadowlands, maybe that's a clue
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

"Moo walker"... Blizzard is just trolling us for not being able to mount up in the Maw, at least not straight away :P