Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I wonder if Metzen will make any Warcraft related games with his new company he’s obviously still on good terms with blizzard as thrall is still around and there have been wow board games in the past.
    Unlikely, small indie company making tabletop games for a massive one like Activision, it wouldn't end well.

But I'm sure we'll see a lot of familiar characters in these new games of his. Some long haired necromancer or blind elf with dual blades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oof, table top games. Well best of luck Metzen.

So the only 2 people left I "remember" at Blizzard now, as people I respect, are Ion Hazzikostas and Jeff Kaplan. If they leave, I will concider Blizzard completely a "new era" company.

Sad to see really.

He will make a Gacha Game, similar to Genshin Impact.

In the meantime, Shadowlands is pushed to Sept 2021.
    If more people leave, 2022 is not a dream !

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    So the only 2 people left I "remember" at Blizzard now, as people I respect, are Ion Hazzikostas and Jeff Kaplan. If they leave, I will concider Blizzard completely a "new era" company.

Sad to see really.
    i am sorry but respect to ION?????

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really into tabletop but always happy to see Metzen!

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post

Are you high, No way will it be pushed back that far. Best of luck to them both though

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post

Neither of them have worked on Warcraft in years this does nothing for shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Unlikely, small indie company making tabletop games for a massive one like Activision, it wouldn't end well.

But I'm sure we'll see a lot of familiar characters in these new games of his. Some long haired necromancer or blind elf with dual blades.
    I don’t think Metzen would be that on the nose with any thing and if they did give him the rights that would be great press so you never know.

Best of luck, but I swear so many absurd company names in the game industry... Warchief Gaming, really? Brings more of a laughter than a spark of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by misterrium View Post
    I will always respect Ion, there's that aura around him that I just respect. I may disagree on alot of things with him, but I just can't get myself to not respect him.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

I mean I'd play a Warcraft Table Top RPG. There are fan made conversion out there for 5e but an official properly playtested version? i'd bet it would selll pretty well. THey could even use the 5e SRD to draw in the 5e players.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't expect a table top game company. Cool though. Hearthstone seems to have a really high turnover rate.

Quote Originally Posted by misterrium View Post
    I respect Ion a lot more than I respect Kaplan. I mean the only thing Kaplan ever did for us was give us very misleading numbers about raiding during one of the first Blizzcons to justify Blizzard adding nothing but raids to the game during Vanilla's lifecycle, and then he briefly made Overwatch a success. Kaplan has very very outdated ideas about MMOs.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    i mean he has a hell of a "first job"
    I don't disagree lol.

I can never take what Chris Metzen is saying seriously, he gives me massive pathological liar type vibes.

Like the scripted story of moving from the house to the garage to the 2000 sq ft space? Totally made up. Boring.

GL Chris you haven't been missed from wow, table top games are a dead end but I'm sure you have enough money to do anything and not give a damn. *shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm suprised that people cares for both Kosak and Metzen.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    He retired. Came out of retirement in a non competing space and used the word warchief. A very common word especially in fantasy genre. you are reaching for drama where there is none.
    What about "not exactly a clean break" implies I want there to be drama?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I mean don't let it be all he is known for, no one wants their first job to define them forever lol.
    If their "first" job is as successful as that then yeah, there's nothing wrong with that at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    So apparently Warchief Gaming was their table top gaming club they've been doing since 2018 and this is them taking it a step further and turning it into a company creating and selling stuff for Table top games. Well I wish him good luck if they want to turn their hobby club into a full time job but it certainly is a risky venture considering the business of TT games, especially if they end up competing with Warhammer and Wizards of the Coast.

Dave was a bit cringy on the Hearthstone team and I liked his work in WoW more, even so hope he does well at Deviation. Though a new start up with "big goals/promises" and risk taking on it's company page for it's "new games" which they've likely just started working on and are headed up by people from Call of Duty and Lego games...
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    What about "not exactly a clean break" implies I want there to be drama?
    The words you used, put together into a phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    The words you used, put together into a phrase.
    You're making a lot bigger deal about my post than I was about the company name.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.