Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Honestly i`d be open to it, i didnt hate garrisons like so many people apparently do, i just wish that we would have been able to personalise them more, something as simple as being able to place buildings where you wanted, instead of in a set location would have made them pretty cool imo

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    But it doesn't. You can shape a burger to look like a hot dog. But it isn't a hot dog because it isn't cased. It's still just ground beef seasoned to taste like a hot dog and shaped like a hotdog. It isn't made out of hot dog ingredients.

We are done here. Basically all you did here was declare yourself right because your argument was thoroughly destroyed and won't admit it.
    It was your own argument. I just asked questions about your logic. Which is nonexistent. Your comparison to Mcdonalds products is just in general weird and misplaced.

You for some reason think that Blizzard can make a product and call it whatever they want. But where is the line? Can they make a dungeon and then call it player housing? Can they call Goldshire Inn for playing housing? You see. By your logic there is no limit to the advertisements which is of course completely ridiculous. Once again you just argue to ‘destroy’ arguments. Try adding some actual value to the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    are u one of Asmons degenerate viewers? u can like the store or not but putting 2-3 mounts a year into the store is hardly putting resources in .. and for idiots like u art/design team making mounts doesn't waste any resources for features etc but ofc u don't know such a thing store hater sheep
    Wow you must be really angry, are you okay? I am entitled to my opinion and you can keep flopping around in your fairy wings.

Tell me this, why is it better to have mounts and transmogs behind a paywall instead of actually making interesting ways for them to be acquired in-game?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Except the community DIDN'T tell Blizzard this. they specifically said "Garrisons isn't housing. We want actual housing." and Blizzard stupidly took that as "The community doesn't want housing."
    Delusion thy name is therevenanthero

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Wildstar managed to have INCREDIBLE player housing and added buildings and decorations you could find anywhere in pve and some in pvp. you were able to 100% build your plot and players made some incredible stuff.
    Maaan, I saw a video of some guy building a house before before Wildstar shut their servers down, I honestly thought it was The sims until I saw that rabbit race jumping around. I was astonished by what people were able to do with the system there. Shame that it died.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    wanna show us these numbers, or are you just pulling them out of your ass in an attempt to look cool? cause its 100% the latter since they dont post active subs.
    https://mmo-population.com/r/ffxiv/stats

FF has semi descent player housing, if you can even find anything to buy. just cant seem to get around that 2.5 global. i guess if you standing around in your house all day you dont notice that 2.5 second wait time between every move.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    "Better to put resources on other things!"

They already are, the in-game store dude.
    little to no resources go into the in game store items. nearly everything found in there is a rehashed version of something already found in the game.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Problem was Garrisons weren't player housing. With Garrisons Blizz's system team did what they always do: Take a great idea and turn it into a flagship non-optional expansion system, seriously overengineer and strap a whole bunch of borrowed power to it.

What people wanted as an instanced dollhouse. What they got was an overhyped quest hub that killed the open world.
    right because people sitting in their own little instanced housing that the can add their tchotchkes to will have zero impact on the "open world"

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Delusion thy name is therevenanthero
    Very constructive. Good job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CylomDashti View Post
    Maaan, I saw a video of some guy building a house before before Wildstar shut their servers down, I honestly thought it was The sims until I saw that rabbit race jumping around. I was astonished by what people were able to do with the system there. Shame that it died.
    Exactly. And Wildstar had far less money for resources. Blizzard is just lazy as fuck and would rather keep pushing out garbage like the most recent transmog set in the in game store.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    right because people sitting in their own little instanced housing that the can add their tchotchkes to will have zero impact on the "open world"
    People aren't going to spend all their time in housing if there is no AH, no profession vendors, and no way to farm mats. Garrisons weren't housing by any stretch of the imagination. It killed the open world because Garrisons made it so players never had to leave. They a mine, an herb garden, and plenty of vendors. Take those all away and make it more customizable and you'd have actual player housing.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Not really lmao, they don't even have a million active subs. They'll go free to play soon I'm sure.
    proceeds to link a more than likely inaccurate website showing they have 1,484,075 subs as of october 2020 according to the graph. friendo. why did you go out of your way to prove yourself wrong?

even if you go by the wildly different numbers shown below, it is, as i said, still gaining in popularity and still over the million subs you said they didnt have. so im not seeing how they are failing and probably going to free to play soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Housing in UO was A LOT different than it can EVER be in an MMO like WoW today. Public houses with vendors were meaningful because you didn't have a global AH, decorating with rares, furniture, and housing addons was superbly enjoyable if you're into that like I am. While I can see decorating houses being possible in WoW, I can't see vendors ever serving a real purpose with the AH existing (which it always will), and I don't see any possibility at all of a housing system that isn't instanced, thus defeating that feeling of people getting to come in and see your decorating, etc.

I said Garrison's were Blizzard's experiment of player housing because that is exactly what they were. Yea, it wasn't just a house you plopped down, but the intent was that it would fill a similar purpose as the players sort of home base where they could choose buildings with different functionalities (like profession buildings) or a portal hub, etc.

But since you were so unfairly harsh towards my post, I feel its only equally fair for me to say to you:

"So I mean I get it. You didn't get the feature you wanted" Garrisons weren't what YOU considered player housing, but that is, in fact, what their purpose was. Had they decided that it was a worth while system to pursue, they could have expanded it into a system that allowed you your own place to decorate or even be freely decorated all around your "claimed area"; but they opted not to pursue it any further, as they felt it pulled away from the social aspect of the game and its cities, even in
    just that simple of a form.
    I want to apologize about vendors, because I wasn't clear on that and that's on me. Public houses with vendors is not a thing that matters because of the economy, it's a flavor thing, like literally everything else. This is a flavor feature, not an economy feature, and I should have been more elaborate about that.

But back on topic... garrisons are literally not housing, and the fact you are calling it such makes it clear that you either have no idea what you are talking about, or just don't care and are being willfully ignorant.

You might as well argue that class order halls are housing too because you customize npcs you recruit. Or the Pandaria farmhouse housing (probably a better version of housing than Garrisons even because you can at least upgrade your furniture and add flavor to it, even if you can't customize it). Hell let's just call covenants housing too because according to your definition literally anything that can be phased in any way and has npcs or features you can customize in any indirect way is "Housing".

Yes, I was harsh, but fair in this case. I was "harsh" because I am tired of seeing this illogical argument.

Imagine if UO only had one type of generic, shitty house with no furniture in the game whatsoever, and when players weren't happy with the fact there was no customization and just had a empty block house they decided to just remove all houses because no one liked the lack of customization. This is basically what you are arguing here, except that garrisons aren't even designed to be housing. They are designed to encourage players to run chores, etc. I am not going to reiterate my entire post again, however.

It's forgivable because Blizzard wanted to act like they were (they knewe this was bullshit, we knew this was bullshit, I am sorry that you do not), but it doesn't change the facts that absolutely nothing about garrisons was appealing to players, and it had literally absolutely none of the features players wanted from housing. If I take a chicken and call it a majestic soaring eagle, it doesn't make it one just because they are both birds and I called it something it isn't.

There's really nothing to argue here. If you feel I am being too harsh to you, then tough shit. Don't make a reply downplaying a feature just because you are salty about an unrelated feature didn't get added. Focus on the topic and don't pretend like unrelated topics have anything to do with them. This thread was about housing, not whether or not you got necromancers. See, now I'm actually being harsh.

None of this matters because Blizzard is never going to add housing anyways, so I have no idea why I am wasting my time explaining any of this to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    you are wrong, lots of the things you say doesnt exist with garrisons is infact in the game currently, in the garrison
    Yeah no. You're wrong and you can't even take a second giving a single example because you have no idea what you are talking about.

Why even respond if you have nothing to discuss? This wasn't directed at you anyways.
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2020-10-27 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    Hell ya, I'd jump on board that boat all day.
    WoW has been dumbing down gameplay for years to cater to the lowest common denominator.
    WoW was from start supposed to be easy.... WoW was made by people who came from elder scroll and wanted something easy and accessible and the success of wow proved them right.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really lmao, they don't even have a million active subs. They'll go free to play soon I'm sure.
    yeah no. not that anyone belives your claim but even if wow only had 100k subs that still be 1.300.000 bucks a month and no one is throwing that kind of money just out of the window.