Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I dont want to miss WoW release, but if its anywhere near Cyberpunk release i know what i would choose, and its not SL. Hopefuly its 2021 release for SL :]

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You are missing the point - when a major title is released, game companies avoid releasing against other major titles to avoid the lost publicity and free marketing. Magazine covers, youtubers, twitch streamers, entertainment news sites etc etc. This isn't about lost SALES, but the loss of publicity.

#OverShadowedLands
    Weird then how Blizzard and World of Warcraft specifically has never shied away from direct competitors and major releases before. Stop latching on to the latest thing to push the negativity.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I also don't get why people go so hard on Cyberpunk...i mean, it's just a Tech-GTA/Shootergame that is overhyped because of the Witcher....i mean, it looks fun and i will buy and play it...maybe when it is at around 30€ in a sale. I couldn't care less when they release that game, but i do care alot of Shadowlands. And i think many people think so too.
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    People have become so dramatic. Activision will see SL get released this year. That is a guarantee. Their Q4 numbers depend on it. They took a hit with the refunds already this Quarter so there is ZERO chance of it not releasing this year.. Ready or not ready, it will release. When you have a forcast of XYZ and it goes out in a publicly traded company, you are setting certain expectation. When you fail to meet your goals, your stocks drop sharply which equates to boatloads of monetary loss to the stockholders. When stockholders start losing money, the board starts looking at leadership positions to make changes.. SL will release, Id lay a very large wager its in November. with a very short invasion pre patch, 2 weeks tops.

Im laying it out this way..
    This will be announced this week I would guess.

Nov 3rd for Invasion pre patch.
    Nov 16th for Shadowlands Launch
    Normal/Heroic Raids Dec 1
    Mythic Raid Dec 8th.

Plenty of time for world first race before Christmas.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station Light or Battle Station Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Aulla View Post
    I dont really understand why people keep mentioning CP2077... like no dev should release date that time? They are not even the same genre.
    problem is every streamer will be playing it, every youtuber and all the main stream media press, shadowlands will get no spotlight at all

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    No it wouldn't. Cyberpunk 2077 may be a hotly anticipated title but it still is just a single player game. The media would notice a WoW expansion for the same reason they notice anything Blizzard does. Besides Cyberpunk has been delayed again. You can't keep taking into account a game that has been delayed several times.
    its still going to have a bigger launch and take away from shadowlands if you truly believe otherwise you lack any semblance of critical thinking
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Shadowlands December 1st, raid out in January after everyone burns through Cyberpunk
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    People have become so dramatic. Activision will see SL get released this year. That is a guarantee. Their Q4 numbers depend on it. They took a hit with the refunds already this Quarter so there is ZERO chance of it not releasing this year.. Ready or not ready, it will release. When you have a forcast of XYZ and it goes out in a publicly traded company, you are setting certain expectation. When you fail to meet your goals, your stocks drop sharply which equates to boatloads of monetary loss to the stockholders. When stockholders start losing money, the board starts looking at leadership positions to make changes.. SL will release, Id lay a very large wager its in November. with a very short invasion pre patch, 2 weeks tops.

Mythic Raid Dec 8th.

Whilst it's a nice refreshing change to see someone be optimistic on this thread, I very much doubt it'll be as soon as Nov 16th. Blizzard Activision as a company can 100% afford for Shadowlands to not be released in Q4, the pre-orders will still be reported in the front-half of their accounts to help create an image of future prosperity. From looking at prior year accounts, releases are only a small source of revenue on the whole when you look at the other streams such as active subscriptions, and Candy Crush (mobile games make so much money!!). Honestly, i'm on the bandwagon of 'it's ready when it's ready' and a culture of 'getting it out ASAP to please investors' is half of the reason Blizzard have had so many failures recently.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    its still going to have a bigger launch and take away from shadowlands if you truly believe otherwise you lack any semblance of critical thinking
    If you got "it will have no effect" from anything I posted then we know who lacks any semblance of critical thinking. Cyberpunk won't drown out WoW. Games haven't in the past and it certainly won't happen now. Cyberpunk also isn't without controversy between several delays, lies about crunch time, "cut" content etc. People are putting to much weight on to it when history has shown that WoW still does just fine with press even when launching against direct competitors.

Cyberpunk is not a direct competitor. The world will go on. Heck Cyberpunk could even be delayed for a 4th time.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Whelp No event today. Maybe Next week

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post

Mythic Raid Dec 8th.

LMAO no way in hell SL launches Nov 16. You are dreaming
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    problem is every streamer will be playing it, every youtuber and all the main stream media press, shadowlands will get no spotlight at all
    #OverShadowedLands

People who think these things are not a factor to take into consideration are genuinely delusional. The days when all that mattered was a PCGamer cover are long, long gone - streamers are the core 'free marketing' for any big game, and to be fair, even more for smaller games. I honestly dont know why some people dont accept this as reality.

15+ Year Old Account
    People who think these things are not a factor to take into consideration are genuinely delusional. The days when all that mattered was a PCGamer cover are long, long gone - streamers are the core 'free marketing' for any big game, and to be fair, even more for smaller games. I honestly dont know why some people dont accept this as reality.
    For the same reason why you are latching on to it and denying reality? The streamers that cover WoW will do so because of their viewership. People will still cover WoW because it is WoW. Blizzard has gone up against direct competitors and the everything was still fine. Cyberpunk is not a direct competitor. It is not as big of a deal as you are making it out to be and there is no need to call anyone who doesn't agree with you delusional. As you'll just move on to the next argument when something else pops up you can use.

It also ignores that the Cyberpunk delay to December actually helps Cyberpunk more then it could possibly hurt WoW. Cyberpunk was competing with Call of Duty and AC even if it is more anticipated. There really isn't much planned for December for major players if I remember correctly. There is plenty of room for two major releases to be covered at the same time.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-10-27 at 08:25 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Shadowlands December 1st, raid out in January after everyone burns through Cyberpunk
    This but not because of Cyberpunk. It's because they always delay tiers if they land in December, because Blizz uber respects the 24th through the 1st.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

For the same reason why you are latching on to it and denying reality? The streamers that cover WoW will do so because of their viewership. People will still cover WoW because it is WoW. Blizzard has gone up against direct competitors and the everything was still fine. Cyberpunk is not a direct competitor. It is not as big of a deal as you are making it out to be and there is no need to call anyone who doesn't agree with you delusional. As you'll just move on to the next argument when something else pops up you can use.

It also ignores that the Cyberpunk delay to December actually helps Cyberpunk more then it could possibly hurt WoW. Cyberpunk was competing with Call of Duty and AC even if it is more anticipated. There really isn't much planned for December for major players if I remember correctly. There is plenty of room for two major releases to be covered at the same time.
    If someone has $60 on them to buy a single game till next year, 95% of people will buy CP2077, not another AC, not another shitty Far Cry or what not. CP is something completely new from a well established and trusted developer. The hype around it is almost unhealthy, it became a religion. There is no denying it.

It also ignores that the Cyberpunk delay to December actually helps Cyberpunk more then it could possibly hurt WoW. Cyberpunk was competing with Call of Duty and AC even if it is more anticipated.
    And the dishonesty starts creeping in. You said earlier that wow is not competing with CP2077 because one is SP and one is MP. Now you are saying CP2077 is competing with COD? Cod having SP is almost entirely irrelevant, if you think people play CoD for the 5hour story campaign you are completely delusional.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    Blizzard is breaking the law if they release even the first day of 2021

there is no way its not coming out this year
    Chant it with me: Lock them up! Lock them up!

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    I also don't get why people go so hard on Cyberpunk...i mean, it's just a Tech-GTA/Shootergame that is overhyped because of the Witcher....i mean, it looks fun and i will buy and play it...maybe when it is at around 30€ in a sale. I couldn't care less when they release that game, but i do care alot of Shadowlands. And i think many people think so too.
    You mean a book series that isn't so great but was propped up to being considered one of the best game IPs of the last 10 years? You don't understand the hype behind CDPR doing the same for a different IP?

Yeah aight. Keep your head in the sand bruh lmao

I am of the understanding that they are legally bound to releasing it in 2020 due to pre-orders etc.

As such I expect the release date to be the first week of December.

Quote Originally Posted by Declaron View Post
    I am of the understanding that they are legally bound to releasing it in 2020 due to pre-orders etc.

As such I expect the release date to be the first week of December.
    You and a few others are incorrect. They are not "legally bound" to do anything other than offer refunds if they fail to meet their expected release date, which they are already doing. Its honestly that simple. Games are delayed ALL THE TIME, and yet no law suits? Almost like......its just part of business.

15+ Year Old Account
    And the dishonesty starts creeping in. You said earlier that wow is not competing with CP2077 because one is SP and one is MP. Now you are saying CP2077 is competing with COD? Cod having SP is almost entirely irrelevant, if you think people play CoD for the 5hour story campaign you are completely delusional.
    What dishonesty? COD is closer to a competitor to Cyberpunk then WoW is. They are both shooters. It also has a large following which if you are not being dishonest is a problem right? Because media and streamer attention will be covering that. So why don't you be honest. Either media competition is a problem or it isn't.

Those few days in November was a crowded release time frame for video games.