Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tried going with capped at 49fps and graphics 1 in Classic wow, it worked for a while, much longer than usual, but eventually even with thise stats it froze

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    I tried going with capped at 49fps and graphics 1 in Classic wow, it worked for a while, much longer than usual, but eventually even with thise stats it froze
    This isn’t a problem that will go away if you just change game settings. Turning the radio up in the car won’t make your engine stop knocking. You need to start with my last post and go from there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    This isn’t a problem that will go away if you just change game settings. Turning the radio up in the car won’t make your engine stop knocking. You need to start with my last post and go from there.
    appriciating your help very much, but stuff won’t arrive on the same day i order them, and i still had raid this evening, so trying out things so i can actully participate, and just wanted to report back here about that.

appriciating your help very much, but stuff won’t arrive on the same day i order them, and i still had raid this evening, so trying out things so i can actully participate, and just wanted to report back here about that.
    At the very least you can try tightening your cpu block. The piece that says Corsair on your pc has some screws. Either 4 in a square pattern or 2, one on top one on bottom. You can try tightening those in the mean time and see if it’s loose

10+ Year Old Account
    At the very least you can try tightening your cpu block. The piece that says Corsair on your pc has some screws. Either 4 in a square pattern or 2, one on top one on bottom. You can try tightening those in the mean time and see if it’s loose
    They are not loose, had it open earlier today, but they were very firm all 4 of them.

Another guy told me to clean the ”radiator” but did not really understand what that was.
    Last edited by Draknalor186; 2020-10-18 at 11:29 PM.

They are not loose, had it open earlier today, but they were very firm all 4 of them.

Another guy told me to clean the ”radiator” but did not really understand what that was.
    The big block of meshed metal, the Waterblock on your CPU is linked to it, it cooles the water with the help of a fan.

Just remove the Fan on top of it and use a long brush and a vacuum cleaner.
    Last edited by Miyagie; 2020-10-18 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    The big block of meshed metal, the Waterblock on your CPU is linked to it, it cooles the water with the help of a fan.

A little note here... I would for sure used compressed air if you have it and not a vacuum unless you have this piece disconnected as well. Vacuums cause static electricity and if you shock the wrong part it could be dead cpu. It’s not that common but that’s a big reason why people ground themselves when putting on the cpu

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah after i unscrewed the radiator i found a bunch of dust.
    Last edited by Draknalor186; 2020-10-22 at 06:44 PM.

Yeah after i unscrewed the radiator i found a bunch of dust.
    Sounds like a dust issue or a cooler issue. I'd try cleaning the radiator and next I'd just buy a dirt cheap CPU fan as a test.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    Sounds like a dust issue or a cooler issue. I'd try cleaning the radiator and next I'd just buy a dirt cheap CPU fan as a test.
    I’m about to put some thermal paste on the CPU, already dusted out the radiator and cleaned off the previous paste

I’m about to put some thermal paste on the CPU, already dusted out the radiator and cleaned off the previous paste
    If it works make sure you come back and tell the forum just in case someone else has this same problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it works make sure you come back and tell the forum just in case someone else has this same problem.
    I was probably dump to have hope that this problem would be fixed with this thermal paste solution.. it’s still happening. But have had the sisters boyfriend here to check and he says that there might be Gunk in the ”closed loop” for the liquid cooler and i need to replace that entire thing.

I was probably dump to have hope that this problem would be fixed with this thermal paste solution.. it’s still happening. But have had the sisters boyfriend here to check and he says that there might be Gunk in the ”closed loop” for the liquid cooler and i need to replace that entire thing.
    Since you dont OC your CPU maybe go for a Aircooler now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Im the one who posted about the event viewer to find your problem, but after seeing more information here, im going to agree with other posters in that it is your CPU cooler giving you problems. I had the exact same issue with a non-corsair closed-loop CPU system that failed on me and the issues leading up to replacement are very similar to yours. you should 100% REPLACE, not repair your closed-loop system, and heres why: if you repair your current cooler, then you violate the warranty and if it fails on you later and burns up your CPU, you are responsible for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, he said that as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is a picture of the comp from a while back (Graphic card taken out) and this pic still have the old ram card.

Where would you say this pump is?

be sure to check the fan is in the exhaust and NOT the intake.

someone correct me, but doesn't the fan go on the side, blowing air out through the radiator?
    CPU: Ryzen 5 1600X | GPU:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Twin Frozr 2GB
    HDD: Crucial MX500 500GB + 1TB WD Blue lCooling: Corsair H110i
    PSU: Corsair RM 1000 80+ Gold l Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro White
    MB: ROG Strix B-350 F Gaming | RAM: Dominator 32GB @ 3000MHz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -primordial View Post

someone correct me, but doesn't the fan go on the side, blowing air out through the radiator?
    That entire part is getting replaced now tho. Already orderd a new CPU cooler thing.

Quote Originally Posted by -primordial View Post

That depends on how the airflow is setup. If it's a positive pressure setup, i.e. there's more fan intake pressure than exhaust then it's absolutely unnecessary to put the fan in front of the rad. Also on A LOT of cases it's simply impossible to put the rad behind the fan because of the tubes.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    The new CPU cooler is now installed and working well, not going over 50 in either game and even saw a 29 while idle.

But only managed to test it out for a short while before bed, We’ll see if it still works in tge morning

The new CPU cooler is now installed and working well, not going over 50 in either game and even saw a 29 while idle.

But only managed to test it out for a short while before bed, We’ll see if it still works in tge morning
    Great! that must have been your issue. A fairly cheap fix all things considered.