Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It was a joke since DNA and NDA share the same letters in the acronyms : 3
    All three words in "DNA and NDA" do. Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    WaPo has a letter signed by 20 former AGs, saying Trump is a threat to the rule of law.

"I suppose they're all Democrats?"

Close. They're all Republicans.
    RINO alert..or something like that...till next week when they support something of his then they can be republicans again.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump tells women how much he values them:

Your husbands, they want to get back to work. We're getting your husbands back to work. And everybody wants it
    Wanna see the video?

By the way, he said that in Michigan. The reason "your husbands" are out of work, predates COVID in many cases. This article is a year old and goes into a few details. The losses were caused by the trade war(s). Oh, and NAFTA 1.0.0.2 didn't help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Presented without further comment, except bolding for emphasis.

White House science office says Trump ended COVID pandemic as US hits record cases
    That's even stupider than standing on the deck of an aircraft carrier claiming all combat operations in Iraq are over while insurgencies and terrorists are sprouting like weeds in the desert (if the desert had weeds.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Disclosure Non Act and Nucleic Deoxyribo Acid.

I don't get it.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Disclosure Non Act and Nucleic Deoxyribo Acid.

I don't get it.
    He means that "and" uses the same letters as both "NDA" and "DNA". So "NDA and DNA" is a phrase made up of three words that are anagrams of each other.

It took me a minute, too.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    He means that "and" uses the same letters as both "NDA" and "DNA". So "NDA and DNA" is a phrase made up of three words that are anagrams of each other.

It took me a minute, too.
    He is making an even more complicated joke, based on the previously confusing joke... I like it...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Trump admin dismantles 'firewall' for editorial independence at U.S.-funded outlets
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=uxbndlbing

Evidently, they are trying to turn our media into the American version of RT.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Presented without further comment, except bolding for emphasis.

White House science office says Trump ended COVID pandemic as US hits record cases

Explain, specifically, how the pandemic is over.
    I'm not the sort of person your challenges are directed at, but I think I can provide an answer nonetheless.

It starts with a story. Years ago I worked a summer as a QA Tester for Electronic Arts. Now, part of their process at the time was that in order for a game to move from Alpha to Beta, or from Beta to Final, there had to be zero open bugs in the database. The way this was accomplished was by telling the QA Testers to stop entering new bugs, closing all existing bugs as "Known Shippable," transitioning to the next phase, and then reopening all the bugs that had been closed.

Trump "ended the pandemic" in the same way that EA had zero open bugs when Sims 2: Castaway came out of beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Trump "ended the pandemic" in the same way that EA had zero open bugs when Sims 2: Castaway came out of beta.
    Difference is, of course, EA didn't actually kill people.

- - - Updated - - -

And once again, it's time for Guess the Speaker!

Testing may be identifying some more cases, I think that's clearly true, but what we're seeing is a real increase in the numbers
    "Some librul commie science-believer".

It's four-star admiral Brett Groir.

"Oh, and some random military guy's opinion...that name sounds familiar."

He's Trump's COVID testing czar. As in, currently.

Well you know what that means, another 24 hour challenge! Trump supporters, if Trump's own testing czar joins, um, basically everyone in saying "the rise in numbers is due to a rise in actual cases, not just testing" explain how Trump is right when he says it's the testing.

I can't wait to hear those responses. Or, you could admit Trump lied. You can just say "Trump was wrong", that'll work. Or, you could stay silent, which means I get to answer for you, and, well, you know the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Years ago I worked a summer as a QA Tester for Electronic Arts. Now, part of their process at the time was that in order for a game to move from Alpha to Beta, or from Beta to Final, there had to be zero open bugs in the database. The way this was accomplished was by telling the QA Testers to stop entering new bugs, closing all existing bugs as "Known Shippable," transitioning to the next phase, and then reopening all the bugs that had been closed.
    Lucky. I worked QA for a while years ago as well. A game that I worked on for over a year and a half went gold with more than 3000 open bugs in the database. The launch was a fiasco.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Lucky. I worked QA for a while years ago as well. A game that I worked on for over a year and a half went gold with more than 3000 open bugs in the database. The launch was a fiasco.
    The main job of QA is actually to make sure everyone else is doing their job. The main problem of being QA is that you have absolutely no power to make anyone do their job.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The main job of QA is actually to make sure everyone else is doing their job. The main problem of being QA is that you have absolutely no power to make anyone do their job.
    Ain't this the fucking truth. Right now, I'm working at a place that launched a companion web app to our 20-year old+ desktop software and (I can't get into too much detail) our Engineering team has scrapped some basic processes due to crunch and it's causing the QA test team to find bug after bug after bug and we keep letting bugs get shipped out the door because we just don't have the time to get everything fixed and it's like I want to shake my DoE and tell him to slow the fuck down and make sure everyone is doing the absolute basic unit testing and code reviews.

75,072 new cases; a little over 12k more than last Tuesday. The US has now passed 9 million confirmed cases.

Texas: 6,889 new cases; 74 deaths
    Wisconsin: 5,262 new cases (new record); 64 deaths (new record)
    California: 4,914 new cases; 78 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Illinois: 4,000 new cases; 46 deaths
    Michigan: 2,675 new cases; 33 deaths
    Missouri: 2,619 new cases; 54 deaths
    Ohio: 2,537 new cases; 20 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 2,273 new cases; 23 deaths
    Minnesota: 2,164 new cases; 15 deaths
    North Carolina: 2,141 new cases; 41 deaths
    New York: 2,056 new cases; 20 deaths
    Indiana: 1,983 new cases; 51 deaths
    Tennessee: 1,908 new cases; 44 deaths
    New Jersey: 1,848 new cases; 17 deaths
    Kentucky: 1,771 new cases (new record); 18 deaths
    Georgia: 1,491 new cases; 17 deaths
    Colorado: 1,433 new cases; 10 deaths
    Massachusetts: 1,260 new cases; 7 deaths
    Iowa: 1,174 new cases; 14 deaths
    Arizona: 1,158 new cases; 16 deaths
    Utah: 1,145 new cases; 4 deaths
    Virginia: 1,134 new cases; 19 deaths
    Alabama: 1,115 new cases; 26 deaths
    South Carolina: 1,078 new cases; 19 deaths
    Oklahoma: 1,010 new cases; 22 deaths (new record)

Nebraska did not report today which is unusual, but they probably add another 1k to the total. Kansas did not report today because of their alternating "full report" days but they'll also likely be down for 1k tomorrow. At least a half-dozen states just missed my cutoff but I expect to see them up there in the next few days. New England as a whole is slowly crawling upward with the exception of Maine which is the only state that is trending better--though their positivity is inching towards 1%. Something to watch for later.

New England, however, along with the West coast are doing considerably better than the vast majority of the rest of the US which with few exceptions are listed as "uncontrolled spread". You never really want to hear "uncontrolled spread" unless you're @Breccia banging Lindsey Graham's wife. The way this is going the US might see 10 million confirmed cases by mid-to-late November. I fully expect tomorrow to bring another 70k+, maaaaaybe 80k if things continue escalating horribly compared to last week. It would take a 16k jump over last Wednesday to happen, but we've already seen worse.

1,039 deaths is about a hundred more than last week and makes the national total 232,084. Florida's been even more dishonest than usual so they haven't been topping that gruesome leaderboard as much lately. At least not publicly. DeathSantis has been desperate to start shutting down the daily reports for a couple weeks now, oddly enough.

Related news:

Hospitals across 38 states report increase in coronavirus patients--This is the worst indicator. This also blows those "more testing means more cases!" bullshit arguments out of the water.
    Trump's pitch to women on coronavirus recovery: 'We're getting your husbands back to work'--So he can bring back fun for the whole family! Also, is he assuming women don't work?
    Covid spreading faster than ever in U.S.--*sigh*
    White House science office says Trump ended COVID-19 pandemic as US hits record cases--Cool. Guess these daily reports are useless then.

Stay safe, folks.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-10-28 at 02:04 AM.

Wanna see the video?

By the way, he said that in Michigan. The reason "your husbands" are out of work, predates COVID in many cases. This article is a year old and goes into a few details. The losses were caused by the trade war(s). Oh, and NAFTA 1.0.0.2 didn't help.
    Think same rant where he says Ivanka could be at home taking care of the kids but she is working.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    1,039 deaths
    Well, shit. I mean, there's nothing magic about 1,000 but I was hoping we'd stay below it a bit longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Ain't this the fucking truth. Right now, I'm working at a place that launched a companion web app to our 20-year old+ desktop software and (I can't get into too much detail) our Engineering team has scrapped some basic processes due to crunch and it's causing the QA test team to find bug after bug after bug and we keep letting bugs get shipped out the door because we just don't have the time to get everything fixed and it's like I want to shake my DoE and tell him to slow the fuck down and make sure everyone is doing the absolute basic unit testing and code reviews.
    I’m telling you, a lot of the defiance is fear of job security. People feel like if they are not stressing out with tight deadlines, they are expendable. When you introduce something that saves times, they don’t seem to connect the dots that it’s not to get them fired, but to relieve some of the stress.

Well, shit. I mean, there's nothing magic about 1,000 but I was hoping we'd stay below it a bit longer.
    Agreed, it doesn't make it much less tragic when it's below 1k but it's a handy threshold to have as an indicator of how things are going. Right now that would be "awful heading towards fucking terrible".

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now that would be "awful heading towards fucking terrible".
    Hey remember how Trump said we were rounding the corner? I'm still waiting for a Trump supporter to defend that.

Hey remember how Trump said we were rounding the corner? I'm still waiting for a Trump supporter to defend that.
    Well technically he was right. Unfortunately it was a corner that pointed us back upwards.

Wanna see the video?

And yet somehow you miss the real telling point here. That when he speaks about women its in the context of them being subordinates to the manly breadwinner and not working people making a contribution in their own right.