10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Still in the White House. Or golfing.
    The virus will go away just after he tells us about his healthcare plan and as soon as he explains to Leslie Stahl how he'll protect pre-existing conditions.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    The virus will go away just after he tells us about his healthcare plan and as soon as he explains to Leslie Stahl how he'll protect pre-existing conditions.
    He actually set a new date... He claims November 4th covid will just go away...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Bah, he stole that from Eric who tweeted that several months ago.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Bah, he stole that from Eric who tweeted that several months ago.
    Kinda, here is a link:

As U.S. Cases Hit New Daily High, Trump Jokes Media Reports on COVID Will Stop on Nov. 4
    https://www.newsweek.com/us-cases-hi...-nov-4-1541912
    "That's all I hear about now. That's all I hear. Turn on television—'COVID, COVID, COVID, COVID, COVID, COVID.' A plane goes down. 500 people dead, they don't talk about it. 'COVID, COVID, COVID, COVID.' By the way, on November 4 you won't hear about it anymore," Trump said as the audience cheered, suggesting he would be victorious in this year's election.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Still in the White House. Or golfing.
    I was talking about a poster here on mmo champ lol
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Imagine IF that actually happens....

*microphone to you* what do you think of this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Imagine IF that actually happens....

*microphone to you* what do you think of this?
    It just makes me think of Andy Kaufman funeral... where a lot of people were expecting him to jump out of the casket as his ultimate joke. Uhm... he didn’t...

Related:
    Chicago sisters stab store worker 27 times after being asked to put on a mask

Some people in Chicago are just nutters. Luckily the security guard seems to be doing okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda, here is a link:

As U.S. Cases Hit New Daily High, Trump Jokes Media Reports on COVID Will Stop on Nov. 4
    https://www.newsweek.com/us-cases-hi...-nov-4-1541912
    Actually he didn't say that the virus will stop. Just that the media barrage will cease. Which is realistic, depending on the amount of control the govt. has over the media. In elder times, a simple gag-order would do the trick and they would no longer report on the subject. Not sure about today though.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Actually he didn't say that the virus will stop. Just that the media barrage will cease. Which is realistic, depending on the amount of control the govt. has over the media. In elder times, a simple gag-order would do the trick and they would no longer report on the subject.
    However, that would have required Trump to use a completely different tactic:

The tactic of rallying around the leader with strict lockdown, spraying the streets with bleach, and possibly attacking foreigners.
    In that case the government might possibly stop that after an election (and many countries have seen such rallying around the leader boosting popularity, but very little in the US).

In the US the federal government has instead giving up fighting against the virus, and is attacked by media.
    It could be that some opinion-pages use it to swing the election against Trump - and they might ease up a bit afterwards; but on the other hand some defenders of the president might be going easy with the covid-coverage for the opposite reason; and the actual situation is worsening (and currently covid has to compete with an election for space; that might not be the case in a few weeks).

However, the simplest explanation is that the media isn't covering covid because of Trump, but due to something more primal: 'If it bleeds, it leads' and it surely bleeds (which also explains why stories of long covid, rare symptoms, re-infections etc are popular).

Actually he didn't say that the virus will stop. Just that the media barrage will cease. Which is realistic, depending on the amount of control the govt. has over the media. In elder times, a simple gag-order would do the trick and they would no longer report on the subject. Not sure about today though.
    Highly doubt that will happen. And the government has no control over the media. And if Trump suppressed the information, that would just add to the charges after he is gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I think the rest of the world will keep paying attention to the trainwreck.
    Most definitely, so will most media. Stories don't get "better" (or dare I say it: more lucrative) than this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Highly doubt that will happen.
    Me too, I doubt any modern government outside of maybe North Korea, Russia or China has that kind of control over the media.

Looks like Germany is tightening the rules again. Around 13:00 they will announce the restrictions.

A shame really. We were doing pretty decently. Then people stopped taking it seriously and the numbers are spiking again.
    Last edited by Kotuthan; 2020-10-28 at 09:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotuthan View Post
    Then people stopped taking it seriously and the numbers are spiking again.
    Everyone is blabbering this but I doubt it's the cause. We had mass demos, COVIDIOTS™, parties, drunkards etc during summer. Nothing happened.
    People's behavior has not changed, what changed is the season.

They can tighten their retarded mask restrictions all they want, it won't make a dent in the numbers. Other countries have proven that already.
    My city now mandates wearing a mask in the open air when you are walking next to a river (we have a crapton of wind here). It's ridiculous.
    There is no scientific basis for such a blanket restriction (I could understand it if they mandated masks in densely visited shopping streets etc), it's a pure expression of helpless panic from the governing body.

Everyone is blabbering this but I doubt it's the cause. We had mass demos, COVIDIOTS™, parties, drunkards etc during summer. Nothing happened.
    People's behavior has not changed, what changed is the season.

They can tighten their retarded mask restrictions all they want, it won't make a dent in the numbers. Other countries have proven that already.
    My city now mandates wearing a mask in the open air when you are walking next to a river (we have a crapton of wind here). It's ridiculous.
    There is no scientific basis for such a blanket restriction (I could understand it if they mandated masks in densely visited shopping streets etc), it's a pure expression of helpless panic from the governing body.
    You need to understand the following thing. If people are told that it is possible without a mask in the fresh air, they will not wear masks even in crowded places. The peculiarity of many people is such that they take rules and warnings lightly. Such people hear and understand everything as they want. We have a democratic society - the result is obvious. The statistics are inconsolable. And given the season and the favorable conditions for infections, we are waiting for off scale figures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenger007 View Post
    You need to understand the following thing. If people are told that it is possible without a mask in the fresh air, they will not wear masks even in crowded places. The peculiarity of many people is such that they take rules and warnings lightly. Such people hear and understand everything as they want. We have a democratic society - the result is obvious. The statistics are inconsolable. And given the season and the favorable conditions for infections, we are waiting for off scale figures.
    Incorrect. People need to be told precisely where to wear masks and that has to be actually enforced.
    Munich and Frankfurt did this, as far as I know. They named their popular shopping streets and market places and masks are only mandatory where people are actually gathering. That is logical, that is scientific, even if the probability of a successful transmission is low, if case numbers rise, that probability can become significant.
    By limiting the area to the relevant locations, enforcement becomes more feasible and ensures higher compliance.

What they did in my city is idiotic. They just declared the whole city core as a "mandatory mask area", when most of that area is sparsely visited by people. Being the only one on the street and having to wear a mask is nonsensical and creates more resistance to the measures, because everyone with half a brain realizes that it is blind actionism, not tied to science.

And then, rebellious people start not obeying restrictions where it actually matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I was talking about a poster here on mmo champ lol
    I don't think that poster has been on in a while, lol.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    For a prison, people sure are doing whatever the fuck they want. As opposed to, a real prison.
    I've been a good boy though stayed home all day long. But regardless there are no options avaliable so most ppl have been having the same situation.

Incorrect. People need to be told precisely where to wear masks and that has to be actually enforced.
    Munich and Frankfurt did this, as far as I know. They named their popular shopping streets and market places and masks are only mandatory where people are actually gathering. That is logical, that is scientific, even if the probability of a successful transmission is low, if case numbers rise, that probability can become significant.
    By limiting the area to the relevant locations, enforcement becomes more feasible and ensures higher compliance.

What they did in my city is idiotic. They just declared the whole city core as a "mandatory mask area", when most of that area is sparsely visited by people. Being the only one on the street and having to wear a mask is nonsensical and creates more resistance to the measures, because everyone with half a brain realizes that it is blind actionism, not tied to science.

And then, rebellious people start not obeying restrictions where it actually matters.
    You are right in terms of logic and common sense. There are many strange things happening in society. Let's be honest, few people are interested in conducting educational conversations among the population. The mask mode was introduced a long time ago for public places, but is 100% of the population wearing masks correctly? Probably not. Maxi is not worn as soon, but not as it should. I am not generalizing, but there are many violators. If people for six months of the pandemic did not understand much about everything, then it will not be clearer further. Let's not forget about the conspiracy theorists.

So in France we are confined until the 1st december, like we were in march