Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    And yet somehow you miss the real telling point here. That when he speaks about women its in the context of them being subordinates to the manly breadwinner and not working people making a contribution in their own right.
    I think that's why the quotes were around "your husbands".

I didn't see @Breccia's post but I linked the same article in my update with the same "WTF?" There were quite a few things wrong about what he said.

10+ Year Old Account
    While we wait for Trump supporters to explain how Trump beat the pandemic, 38 states have increased hospitalization rates.

Which is not due to incresed testing.

The situation is especially dire in seven states — Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Texas — where many intensive care units are near or at capacity.

The President’s Taxes:
    How Trump Maneuvered His Way Out of Trouble in Chicago

So, just taking a look at the timeline up to this point, Justice Kennedy's son at Deutsche Bank forgave nearly $300 million of Trump's debts, Justice Kennedy resigns thereabouts, and then Kavanaugh is seated and his $800k mortgage, $200k credit card debt and $80k golf fees are paid off.

And now Kavanaugh routinely sides with Trump and was key in denying Wisconsin allowing ballots that arrive after Election Day but postmarked before despite the USPS fuckery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hey remember how Trump said we were rounding the corner? I'm still waiting for a Trump supporter to defend that.
    White House said the pandemic was over.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    The President’s Taxes:
    How Trump Maneuvered His Way Out of Trouble in Chicago

So, just taking a look at the timeline up to this point, Justice Kennedy's son at Deutsche Bank forgave nearly $300 million of Trump's debts, Justice Kennedy resigns thereabouts, and then Kavanaugh is seated and his $800k mortgage, $200k credit card debt and $80k golf fees are paid off.

And now Kavanaugh routinely sides with Trump and was key in denying Wisconsin allowing ballots that arrive after Election Day but postmarked before despite the USPS fuckery.
    If any of this is anywhere near true - time to impeach Kavanaugh.

Trump will be remembered for a lot of things but here are my top three things Trump will be remembered for:

1-Aiding in the decision to expand the Supreme Court

2-Aiding in the division to grant statehood to PR and DC

3-Accelerating the Blue shift in Texas by a decade

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    If any of this is anywhere near true - time to impeach Kavanaugh.
    The things I listed are all true.

1. Trump's debt was forgiven by Kennedy's son at Deutsche Bank.
    2. Kennedy retired, giving up his SCOTUS seat.
    3. Kavanaugh had a mountain of debt that suddenly disappeared with no real explanation.
    4. Kavanaugh has delivered favorable decisions for Trump where it mattered.

Whether or not there's a connection between them is what's being delved into right now.

Of course it could all just be a series of coincidences.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-10-28 at 04:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Trump will be remembered for a lot of things but here are my top three things Trump will be remembered for:

Mine are:

1. Letting 225,000+ Americans die to a virus he admitted, on video, to Bob Woodward, was a serious and dangerous virus
    2. Getting impeached for trying to extort a foreign leader
    3. Separating kids from families at the border and literally losing track of 545 of them.

And as an added bonus, stomping out of an interview with Leslie Stahl like a little whiny bitch.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post

My hope for what the primary thing Trump is going to be remembered for in the future at this point is "being a one-term president," frankly. Because unfortunately that's still up in the air.

I dislike all of this assumption that Trump will lose; pride goeth before destruction and all that. Things look good for Biden, most certainly, but things sadly aren't set in stone.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-10-28 at 05:44 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    By defaced she means "Did everyone a public service"

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    I mean...if you're willing to believe what random people vandalizing a website say, then I have a lovely bridge to sell you.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I mean...if you're willing to believe what random people vandalizing a website say, then I have a lovely bridge to sell you.
    Do we know for sure that it was a hack and people vandalized the web-site?

It could be a new tactic by the Trump campaign, where they did it themselves. I admit that it doesn't make any sense, but ...

Trump dog whistling to the violent part of his supporters. Now I can here the counter argument, Trump is just asking if Biden is in some way incapacitated and Kamala must become President. But, Trump did not say "sick or heart attack" he said "shot" as the first thing that came to his mind.

TRUMP: That's why they're talking about the 25th Amendment, right? Three weeks. Three weeks in, Joe's shot! Let's go, Kamala, you ready? Most liberal person in the Senate. She makes Bernie Sanders look like a serious conservative.

A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Trump dog whistling to the violent part of his supporters. Now I can here the counter argument, Trump is just asking if Biden is in some way incapacitated and Kamala must become President. But, Trump did not say "sick or heart attack" he said "shot" as the first thing that came to his mind.
    If this happens, I hope they add more charges to Trump, because we know he is the unindicted co-conspirator in Cohen's case, and I am sure SDNY and other districts have tons of investigations into him right now.

Okay, why post it twice?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I'm as willing to believe the worst of Trump as anybody, but I heard that and to me it sounded more like he meant 'shot' as in 'worn out' or 'no good anymore', like 'my right knee's shot, it's almost bone on bone now.'.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I'm as willing to believe the worst of Trump as anybody, but I heard that and to me it sounded more like he meant 'shot' as in 'worn out' or 'no good anymore', like 'my right knee's shot, it's almost bone on bone now.'.
    That’s what he meant, but here’s the issue: it’s easy for someone who’s not sound of mind and pro Trump to misinterpret it as someone who is anti Trump. And it’s not like the US has a clean history of no attempts on politicians’ lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    If he really meant that (and I could be convinced either way) then he would have gone with his old trope of name calling Biden as Sleepy Joe or some other insult.