The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Do you guys think Blizzard will survive before SL launches? Maybe we will never see it launch.
    It'll be fiiiinnneeee.

It's what happens after launch I'd be more concerned about that. If SL bombs and D4 bombs, there's a very big, Destiny-shaped hole and Overwatch-shaped reason for Activision to shutter Blizzard.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It'll be fiiiinnneeee.

It's what happens after launch I'd be more concerned about that. If SL bombs and D4 bombs, there's a very big, Destiny-shaped hole and Overwatch-shaped reason for Activision to shutter Blizzard.
    I don't really believe thats a thing but I think he meant the whole fires going around Irvine
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It'll be fiiiinnneeee.

Diablo 4 will sell 20 million copies. With all the advertising & platform support, PoE being as good as it is isn't going to stop D4 from selling like mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It matters weather MMO -champion users throw a fit or not. I rather have actual criticisms and not just railing on the game. Just seems like you are being snarky as fuck.
    huh?

what i meant was if i say "hey this is broken" it shouldn't rely on me also saying "but this works fine"

giving someone (in this case you) crap because you mention the negatives without saying "but this will be fine" is BS especially on a fan forum and saying"oh you are so negative because you only bitch about the game" is idiotic

however i do accept that i am snarky because well im a master of snark

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like if the event was going to start it'd start with weekly resets. So that would have been today.

Interesting that they must at one point have intended the event to start today. Wonder if there's been a second, behind the scenes, delay.
    well their area is actually on fire right now soooo that might be part of it

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    Nathanos has been spawned on NA realms, no loot from him yet though. Wonder if accidental, or they'll announce the event starting tomorrow EU time in the next hour or so.
    What's the spawn timer on him? I'm here on NA realms and he's not here, nor is his body.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be fiiiinnneeee.

There's no reason for Activision to shutter Blizzard in part due to their specific roles. Activision is a publisher. They publish the games that other companies make but they don't make the games themselves. Blizzard is a developer, they make the games that are published under the Blizzard banner.

It's possible that Activision could try to take a more active role in what Blizzard does, we're already seeing signs of that with the layoffs a while back. But Blizzard has value to Activision in the name and history if nothing else. So while internally things may change, externally Blizzard will still be Blizzard and WoW will still be release as a Blizzard Entertainment game.

The bigger fear here is if Activision does take more of an active role, what would they change? More microtransactions in WoW? Tiered subscription models? More loot box-style design for all Blizz games?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    What's the spawn timer on him? I'm here on NA realms and he's not here, nor is his body.
    Its been fixed, no longer there. Apparently a bug, or the event will start later.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Its been fixed, no longer there. Apparently a bug, or the event will start later.
    a bug

i imagine they want their workers to be ready for launch and that wont happen when half are in hotels

Not like anyone is going anywhere for the Christmas holidays this year, a mid December launch would do fine

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Not like anyone is going anywhere for the Christmas holidays this year, a mid December launch would do fine
    I bet Blizzard devs would love working (with crunch!) during Christmas and hear from manchilds on yt/reddit/forums how lazy they are cause mob X is buggy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    a bug

i imagine they want their workers to be ready for launch and that wont happen when half are in hotels
    I also imagine their lives are more important right now then what bugs they just fixed considering the FIRES that are sorta close to Irvine as I said earlier.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Diablo 4 will sell 20 million copies. With all the advertising & platform support, PoE being as good as it is isn't going to stop D4 from selling like mad.
    As long as they don't go as overboard on RNG and added effects on frickin everything as PoE, they should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I also imagine their lives are more important right now then what bugs they just fixed considering the FIRES that are sorta close to Irvine as I said earlier.
    nah the fire is like 5% contained

thats like 5X the chance of getting headless horseman and of course they want the players to always be happy

they can just have the interns tackle the flames

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    they can just have the interns tackle the flames

Smart move.
    Interns make for great human sacrifices for the gods of fire.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Smart move.
    Interns make for great human sacrifices for the gods of fire.
    plus they have a steady flow of them and the fact 6 of them live in one apartment means the local economy isnt hit too much

Anyone know if the crafting professions will be worth while in Shadowlands?

Tied between just buying the items to make Legendarys in Torghast, or crafting them myself. Also, how's Alchemy looking for Shadowlands? Probably won't be raiding anything past LFR, but are the potions worth crafting for a solo player?

Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post

Tied between just buying the items to make Legendarys in Torghast, or crafting them myself. Also, how's Alchemy looking for Shadowlands? Probably won't be raiding anything past LFR, but are the potions worth crafting for a solo player?
    Potions/flasks are never not a bonus, but also (as always) completely unnecessary in low end content.

Professions as a whole are a bit more involved and interconnected, and have more active use for the average player than in previous expansions (well, assuming you don't just want to buy all your legendary base items).

It's not like professions ever take actual effort, so I don't see how it wouldn't be worth your time to at least grab your two and level them while you play.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post

I'd take BS/Leatherworking on your main because there will be lots of money to make off Legendary components. Then make a Druid alt for Mining and Skinning to be your own supply chain.

Blacksmiths can make weapon enchants through sharpening stones so it's just as good as taking alchemy. Leatherworkers can make Drums and Armor Kits so it's also as good as Alchemy. As far as selling consumables to other players goes BS/LW are viable choices.

Hey neat I got into the Shadowlands beta. This close to the end I feel like that's more a PR thing than a testing thing, no way I'll even hit 60 in time to test anything.
    They can always Cyberpunk us and delay the game more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Or it doesn't.

Blizzard's reputation is in the gutter. Doesn't hel previous Diablo launched in badstate too.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I'd take BS/Leatherworking on your main because there will be lots of money to make off Legendary components. Then make a Druid alt for Mining and Skinning to be your own supply chain.

Blacksmiths can make weapon enchants through sharpening stones so it's just as good as taking alchemy. Leatherworkers can make Drums and Armor Kits so it's also as good as Alchemy. As far as selling consumables to other players goes BS/LW are viable choices.
    If sharpening stones overwrite weapon oils then noooooo