Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't see a big overlap between the eye-candy RTX tech demo in first-person shooter style vs the low-hardware demanding MMO we know and sometimes like.

The hardware requirements for this games are the polar opposite, I don't see a huge conflict between the typical gamers for this kind of game.
    -

15+ Year Old Account
    I will leave CB on the shelf for Wow anytime.
    It's just a singleplayer, fun, but nothing like Wow.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

We will never know.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Other games' release dates have never affected World of Warcraft's release dates in such a way. In fact, there have been multiple times when Blizzard has released an expansion pack or content patch exactly on the same date as direct competition's release dates.
    wow is mmoRPG, Cyberpunk is biggest RPG game, if they don't effect each others i don't know which game will
    most Cyberpunk fans love RPG, same as wow fans, it will have effect, I hope blizz delay shadowlands from this year to give us some time in Cyberpunk at least instead of rush it
    Cyberpunk is biggest game competitor to all games btw, not just RPG, in case u missed entire video game industry talking about it, heck there are games' trailers that flat out admit Cyberpunk as biggest game getting released and they not trying to compete with it
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

CP is single player.... so idgaf when i play it.

If i don't play wow on release i will fall behind. So i will keep Cyberpunk in my neat little drawer of games to play when i am bored with wow

And i highly doubt Blizzard takes Cyberpunk into consideration for release... they never did with other games so why now? Not even with FF14 which playerbaser is much more simmilar to wow

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Reason for what?
    ........... The delay obviously.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Other games' release dates have never affected World of Warcraft's release dates in such a way.
    they did, the most famous I can remember is warhammer online resulting in a rush for wrath, which piss me off because wrath was amazing, i can't imagine with even more time in oven
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    It's unlikely that Blizzard cares two shits about when Cyberpunk is going to be released. The two games undoubtedly have an overlap in audiences but they are fundamentally different and not really competitive with each other. No one that wants to play WoW will abandon it altogether because of Cyberpunk's release date or vice-versa. Head-to-head competition is meaningless between two games that are fundamentally so different.

The audience that wants to play both will purchase and play both.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2020-10-28 at 08:09 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Depends on their definition of "year". If they were talking in financial terms, that could be at late as June 30, 2021. Also note that they haven't specifically said "on or before 31 December 2020".

Won't be playing it as I'm sure a lot of others won't. I can't imagine many people care
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

Awww, it's delayed again? Damn, I was so looking forward to playing it. But then again, it seemed unrealistic seeing how many things they promised. I doubt Dec 10 date as well, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    wow is mmoRPG, Cyberpunk is biggest RPG game, if they don't effect each others i don't know which game will
    most Cyberpunk fans love RPG, same as wow fans, it will have effect, I hope blizz delay shadowlands from this year to give us some time in Cyberpunk at least instead of rush it
    Cyberpunk is biggest game competitor to all games btw, not just RPG, in case u missed entire video game industry talking about it, heck there are games' trailers that flat out admit Cyberpunk as biggest game getting released and they not trying to compete with it
    I understand that you are a big fan of Cyberpunk.

Sometimes its better to stand back a little before letting the hype completely overcome you though.

Honestly, I highly doubt blizzard cares about Cyberpunk 2077. I kind of don't think there's as much crossover as you'd expect and blizzard isn't typically one to shy away from releasing a game on the same day as competitors anyways.

Are the fires super close to blizzard HQ? I hadn't really thought about that bit.

Let's be clear, this is not about WoW being on par with Cyberpunk as a game, but the fact that they have some shared potential playerbase as both are RPG's and one of them is a probably overhyped title that many people is looking forward to play. So yes, i believe Cyberpunk's release date can affect Shadowlands release date in some way and i would even say that it would be smart to avoid a direct competition on release date.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

All the people here saying Cyberpunk does not affect SL are either still kids or have 0 clue on how business works.

Jesus wake the fuck up, it’s not that hard to put 1 and 1 together......

Times are difficult and if people have $60 on them they aren’t buying Shadowlands in December i tell you that much.

Also all the press / social media will talk about is CP2077, SL would just end up overlooked...

15+ Year Old Account
    MMO vs singleplayer game. Shouldn't be much affected. Also, SL should be out before dec 10 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    That was before the first delay. Nothing has been clarified since the first delay announcement apart from a vague and open to interpretation "this year".

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    All the people here saying Cyberpunk does not affect SL are either still kids or have 0 clue on how business works.

Jesus wake the fuck up, it’s not that hard to put 1 and 1 together......

Times are difficult and if people have $60 on them they aren’t buying Shadowlands in December i tell you that much.

Also all the press / social media will talk about is CP2077, SL would just end up overlooked...
    Yes... clearly we are the adolescent ones. Are you insinuating everyone suddenly got poor?

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Who cares It's just a single player game, not like it's competitive or anything, people can play it whenever.
    Not with how WoW is designed these days. If you are not playing WoW every day then you fall behind everyone else. Of course this doesn't matter if you are not a raider.

i'm very glad cyberpunk got delayed, cuz that means i'll get my PS5 ready by release date
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz