Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    We deal with cosmic mysteries in Shadowlands, only to return for Dragon Isles in Azeroth. Immense disappointment if you are anything remotely close to being right.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    We deal with cosmic mysteries in Shadowlands, only to return for Dragon Isles in Azeroth. Immense disappointment if you are anything remotely close to being right.
    Dragon Isles is meant to provide a cosmic repreave after SL while still keeping the cosmic threats in the background. You dont want cosmic fatigue lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I like your 10.0.

God wish Blizz would update ALL the dragon models cause they did not age well at all.
    They aged a lot better than other Vanilla models.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    This isnt random head cannon. This is where I think the story might be headed based on known lore.

And as per my "headcannon". The life vs death would be during 9.3. Not all of SL.
    Headcanon is just your personal beliefs of what the story is (going to be). I.e. your second sentence essentially means "this is head canon", contradicting your first sentence. Your 9.3 idea is based on the concept that we're fighting Death, which is incorrect, so your 9.3 idea necessarily has to be as well.

Dragon Isles is meant to provide a cosmic repreave after SL while still keeping the cosmic threats in the background. You dont want cosmic fatigue lol.
    As for a new class that can tackle cosmic things... how will generic Dragonland deal with that?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this. Mostly because you know, Dragons.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Headcanon is just your personal beliefs of what the story is (going to be). I.e. your second sentence essentially means "this is head canon", contradicting your first sentence. Your 9.3 idea is based on the concept that we're fighting Death, which is incorrect, so your 9.3 idea necessarily has to be as well.
    Headcannon is believeing something be true despite what the creator says or does.

I am just speculating. Nothing i said is fact.

If we're not fighting death then what are we fighting? Murlocs?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    They aged a lot better than other Vanilla models.
    Only reason I’m not agreeing it’s cause I’m huge fan of dragons and want them to look good like Wrathions new model.

After seeing the garbage fire that is the lore of Shadowlands, you are giving Blizzard far too much credit to craft a story like this.

Y'all really need to stop with the Dragon Isles.

It's been predicted since before MoP, and every time, there's a resounding "NO" as no one wants it or is asking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post

It's been predicted since before MoP, and every time, there's a resounding "NO" as no one wants it or is asking for it.
    Who's this "no one". A good portion of this thread is for it. Everyone loves dragons!

Also the BFA name drop of the dragon isles pretty confirms them as a location in the future. Its the first canonical refrencw of them.

Before that all we knew was that they were planned for vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    An expansion featuring Kul Tiras and Zandalar was also predicted since WotLK and that never happened either....... oh wait.

- - - Updated - - -

While I do like the idea's, an expansion about dragons could trigger dragon fatigue pretty fast.

Blizzard could make a portal into the Starcraft universe open up on the moon and there wouldn't be a damn thing we could do about it.

2.0 fel
    3.0 death
    4.0 void
    5.0 void
    6.0 fel
    7.0 fel
    8.0 void
    9.0 death

we have never had an arcane, life, or light expansion.

void has been done 3 times now (cata, mop, bfa)

Who's this "no one". A good portion of this thread is for it. Everyone loves dragons!

Also the BFA name drop of the dragon isles pretty confirms them as a location in the future. Its the first canonical refrencw of them.

Before that all we knew was that they were planned for vanilla.
    I just don't see it as a possibility. It's not interesting enough for a game that featured dragons for the first decade of its existence. All the way from Vanilla to Cata it was dragons. It'd be like launching another Troll expansion.

Sounds meh

I'm thinking the Light and Void invasions in the Shadowlands will be used to plan plot seeds for the future. Or perhaps 10.0 will be Light and Void focused, IDK.

As for K'aresh, it seems like it's another Outland / Argus Situation. There's not much info to go by, but that's the beauty of it and what gives Blizzard creative freedom.
    Fair enough.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Throw in Dragonkind as new races (choose which aspect/color) and I MIGHT be on board

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post

Weird that you would bring up MoP when the exact same scenario happened with Pandaria and the Pandaren. For years, people asked for them, and for years, others would shoot it down by saying it couldn't happen, it would ruin the game, no one really wanted them, etc.

And then it happened.

The Dragon Isles were mentioned for the first time, in-game, in BfA. The Deaths of Chromie in Legion and then the Dragons' influence in 8.3 both show that the Devs are building up to a big Dragon storyline. A Dragon-centric expansion is imminent.

As for the OP, yeah, that's what I've been guessing, as well. Dragons and Light vs. Void have been hinted at since, at least, Legion, and BfA just built on that foreshadowing. SL seems to be continuing the foreshadowing for Light vs. Void, and we know at least one prominent dragon, Ysera, plays a role in SL. So, I think your predictions seem likely, OP.
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2020-10-28 at 02:05 PM.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University