Question Question post SL patch about Allied Races (Returning Player)

So I have been gone for about four years, came back & want a Mechagnome & Dark Drawf.

All the guides I find on YouTube / WH seem to be outdated & require prereqs that no longer are required. I have no clue where to start & what is necessary.

I checked with a “service seller” just to see how long it would take for a guess on what is required & three different people quoted 3-4 hours from scratch. Now these could easily be scams and I’m not paying for it but that confused me even more.

I appreciate anyone able to lay out a post SL patch guide or direction so I know how to get the ball rolling on all my alts. Thank you in advance.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    For Mechagnome: complete all of the Mechagon storyline.
    For Dark Iron: complete the Alliance War campaign.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=314420/...ark-iron-dwarf for a detailed guide, just ignore the "exalted with X faction" part since that has been removed

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

So I can just go pick the mechagnome quest line up and do it without a super long list of prerequisite quest?

Quote Originally Posted by Cixx View Post
    So I can just go pick the mechagnome quest line up and do it without a super long list of prerequisite quest?
    Well... yes and no. The Questline itself is not per se short^^
    But the questline is good.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems the biggest change was the removal of exhalted with faction on another toon requirement. As V and V say, pick up the quest lines and run them 'till you have access.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Alright, sorry boys not trying to be annoying or stupid. I guess writing at work as a courier isn’t the most efficient lol.

So last question, does the mechagnome quest itself need a quest line does prior. I have done no questing in the last two expansions pretty much so is it gonna be there or do I have to quest to open the mechagnome quest line?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Alright, sorry boys not trying to be annoying or stupid. I guess writing at work as a courier isn’t the most efficient lol.

So last question, does the mechagnome quest itself need a quest line does prior. I have done no questing in the last two expansions pretty much so is it gonna be there or do I have to quest to open the mechagnome quest line?
    There's an intro questline for Mechagon which you need to do yes, it's available in Boralus from a pissy gnome next to the flight master once you reach level 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    There's an intro questline for Mechagon which you need to do yes, it's available in Boralus from a pissy gnome next to the flight master once you reach level 50.
    Don't you need to unlock Nazjatar first?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Don't you need to unlock Nazjatar first?
    Possibly, I'm not sure - I can't recall.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Possibly, I'm not sure - I can't recall.
    I am pretty sure you do have to unlock Nazjatar first

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I am pretty sure you do have to unlock Nazjatar first
    So pretty much I have to do all the zones quest?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You hit 50 and get to unlock Nazjatar. It is fairly short, like 30 mins. Before 9.0 you then got send to Magni to do some Heart of Azeroth stuff...not sure if you still need to do that, as the HoA quests were changed and I didn't get my HoA while recently levelling 40-50.

Guess at the end of the Mechagnome story you still need to kill King whatshisname in the heroic / mythic dungeon
    Reason I asked was cause for The Wolfs Offensive quest which sparks going to Naz you need to be friendly with all the factions. Or at least you were suppose to be previously because the quest never auto triggers for me like wowhead claims it should.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Reason I asked was cause for The Wolfs Offensive quest which sparks going to Naz you need to be friendly with all the factions. Or at least you were suppose to be previously because the quest never auto triggers for me like wowhead claims it should.
    It’s the best week to hit friendly as you have 150% rep buff for world quests and 100% for emissaries and everything else

Finally got into Mechagon. Thank you everyone.

Now for Dark Iron Dwarf.