There is no world in which Cyberpunk moving back their release (again) makes Blizzard suddenly release Shadowlands in its place when they were planning to do so around December.

"we need to delay the game because its not finished yet" followed by "Cyberpink is gone? I don't care how much work there is still to be done, ship it now!".
    No.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Was just shown on AMD's event right now. What could this mean for the release date? NVDIA was advertising raytracing for Shadowlands for November as well.
    https://gyazo.com/ba6d3231ea341e2f6918a29044a80a9b

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerzeit View Post
    Was just shown on AMD's event right now. What could this mean for the release date? NVDIA was advertising raytracing for Shadowlands for November as well.
    It means that the ray tracing will be ready

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    No one said the game was finished, if those are known bugs then beta testers did their job. Unless the point is yall expect them to magically know how to fix bugs.

And no. Being whiney and mean doesnt have anythibg to do with critiques,
    You call it whining but most of those examples have been in for months

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The introduction of optional reagents seems like it might do quite a bit for professions. Not to mention that the reintroduction of a guaranteed socket item should help JC immensely, obviously not to the former glory it once had, but it should be something.
    Personally I really enjoy the interconnectivity, not to mention that adding back single use items like sharpening stones and leather kits should help in giving crafting professions a steady source of income for when crafted gear stops being all that relevant.

All we really need now isadding more fun stuff to each profession to reward the players who chose it like spurs and such and we would be getting close to having professions be fully useful again.
    This was a great expansion for them to update archeology in....can you imagine bastion relics??

Only thing that could top it is a time skip long enough for us to dig up something like “Magni’s beard. The fabled speaker was rumored to have been made of diamonds and here is the beard he was so proud of” or something like that...GIVE ME ARCHEOLOGY BLIZZ!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

At this point I would expect Blizzard to hold all announcements until both the wildfires and the presidential election is over and done with, which means no announcements until next week at the earliest.
    The election means nothing from a company point of view

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Not sure about that. If Trump rightfully wins (and even if the polls say otherwise, there's a real chance for that still due to difficult battleground states polling), there will be riots, lootings, whatever (even if Biden wins, the situation is... concerning in either case). Just imagine the protests from May / June, but way worse. And then all the people that can't deal with it and have their mental breakdowns and whatever. I think this might be even more affecting than Corona (for the US only though).

Edit: yeah, as @Sondrelk said, don't want to derail this thread with political off topic.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-10-28 at 05:37 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

''Here's how BfA and soon SL, runs with Ray-tracing techology''

*Presentation commences of showing said thing*

Thats all it will be. No release date, just a preview of as said.

This was a great expansion for them to update archeology in....can you imagine bastion relics??

Only thing that could top it is a time skip long enough for us to dig up something like “Magni’s beard. The fabled speaker was rumored to have been made of diamonds and here is the beard he was so proud of” or something like that...GIVE ME ARCHEOLOGY BLIZZ!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

You seem to wildly underestimate how important this election is.
    Not to derail this thread into a political quigmire, but we are talking about the possible reelection of a president who has opnely supported far-right extremist groups, and recently introduced legislation that allows him to fire workers in the civil service without due cause and replace them with whoever he deems fit.
    The ramifications of this election could be felt across teh entire world, which speaks volumes of how much it will be felt in the US specifically.

For Archaeology my hope is that Blizzard is not updating it for Shadowlands because they have a plan for a massive revamp for it in 10.0. While I enjoy it for what it is it has always suffered from being a system that only really worked to its fullest potential in Cataclysm when it was used to incentivize seeing all the revamped areas even at max level.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

3+ Year Old Account

Wait, is there even going to be new Archaeology items in Shadowlands? I don't remember seeing anything about it anywhere
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Wait, is there even going to be new Archaeology items in Shadowlands? I don't remember seeing anything about it anywhere
    Archaeology is getting nothing new in Shadowlands so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Not sure about that. If Trump rightfully wins (and even if the polls say otherwise, there's a real chance for that still due to difficult battleground states polling), there will be riots, lootings, whatever (even if Biden wins, the situation is... concerning in either case). Just imagine the protests from May / June, but way worse. And then all the people that can't deal with it and have their mental breakdowns and whatever. I think this might be even more affecting than Corona (for the US only though).

Edit: yeah, as @Sondrelk said, don't want to derail this thread with political off topic.
    dude theres riots and looting right now

2016 had the same crap and all that happened was meme videos of people crying and screaming

this game is coming decmber 8th or 15th

- - - Updated - - -

Archaeology is getting nothing new in Shadowlands so far.
    because "archeology updates dont really fit the idea of the shadowlands" apparently

first one relics??
    items from the past paragons??

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Or it doesn't.

Blizzard's reputation is in the gutter. Doesn't hel previous Diablo launched in badstate too.
    Diablo 3 launch was shocking, but that didn't stop the game reaching 30m copies sold in just over 3 years with very successful console & expansion launches. With a simultaneous console release & a huge marketing budget, if Diablo 4 doesn't sell a few million in the first month & 10m+ in the first 12 months I'll be truly shocked.

Other companies have worse reputations & still continue to shift a shitload of games. Blizzard aren't the company they were by any means, but D4 will still sell like mad.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    dude theres riots and looting right now

2016 had the same crap and all that happened was meme videos of people crying and screaming

this game is coming decmber 8th or 15th

- - - Updated - - -

because "archeology updates dont really fit the idea of the shadowlands" apparently

first one relics??
    In 2016 we didnt have Obama refusing to give a straight answer on whether he intended to peacefully transition if the other party lost, nor being caught on live television essentially asking political extremists to ready their weapons just incase.

Archaeology updates not fitting Shadowlands is a pretty blatant dodge, especially when you consider that given how little we know about the Shadowlands there is pretty much no expansion other than Cata where it fits more.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Diablo 3 launch was shocking, but that didn't stop the game reaching 30m copies sold in just over 3 years with very successful console & expansion launches. With a simultaneous console release & a huge marketing budget, if Diablo 4 doesn't sell a few million in the first month & 10m+ in the first 12 months I'll be truly shocked.

Other companies have worse reputations & still continue to shift a shitload of games. Blizzard aren't the company they were by any means, but D4 will still sell like mad.
    With how much D4 was anticipated, and judging by reveal reception, game is bound to be VERY successful.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post

first one relics??
    Its not that surprising really, they've barely known what to do with Archaeology since implementing it, since it was originally supposed to be part of the Path of the Titans power system.

It did ok in MoP, and then just really started falling apart as time went on. Then there's whatever the hell cyclical system they had in Legion.

Honestly haven't even bothered to do it in BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Its not that surprising really, they've barely known what to do with Archaeology since implementing it, since it was originally supposed to be part of the Path of the Titans power system.

It did ok in MoP, and then just really started falling apart as time went on. Then there's whatever the hell cyclical system they had in Legion.

Honestly haven't even bothered to do it in BfA.
    Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see Archaeology go the way of First Aid in an expansion or two. There's a few professions that it feels like the Devs would throw out if they could and Archaeology seems to be at the top of that list.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Other companies have worse reputations & still continue to shift a shitload of games.
    Yeah that is very true and weirdly not discussed much.

Blizzard have fucked up a bit and their reputation for releasing polished games is not what it was in, say, 2004. But every major publisher or super-developer has fucked up a ton in the same period. Bioware (MEA and Anthem), EA in general have been, well, EA (but even for them the SimCity stuff was pretty bad), Bethesda (FO76, arguably FO4, and general shitty MTX-obsession and attempts to monetize mods without really rewarding creators or even making cool mods), Bungie (Destiny/Destiny 2), Ubisoft (... so many things... hey at least Odyssey was good - they are improving their rep but they're still pretty shit-tier rep-wise and I hear Legion isn't very good), I could go on.

Microsoft nosedived with the Xbox One stuff where they basically said it was "not for games", and a lot of early Win10 stuff, but have made a strong recovery in the last two years with the Game Pass for PC and buying up a bunch of cool developers and apparently treating them really well. They're the only company I see as maybe having a better rep in 2020 than in, say, 2004. Maybe CDPR too but their rep is way worse now than, say, 2015, and everything is riding on CP2077 being as amazing as hoped.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see Archaeology go the way of First Aid in an expansion or two. There's a few professions that it feels like the Devs would throw out if they could and Archaeology seems to be at the top of that list.
    I've said it before, they should turn it into a bunch of puzzle-type minigames, like carefully brushing off artifacts to gain (more) fragments, actually puzzling them together to make items etc..

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing because for a 4 week event we're already pushed into December.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I've said it before, they should turn it into a bunch of puzzle-type minigames, like carefully brushing off artifacts to gain (more) fragments, actually puzzling them together to make items etc..
    I'd happily do archaeology again if it was like that.

As it is now, I grew to really hate it after farming the scepter, vial, and finally the title in MoP (that last pristine pandaren artifact took me six months of dedicated farming to get).

If they fix how it is, I'd be more than happy to pick it up again.

Another update for beta is in the line, beta servers seem to be offline. Curious to see if the updated Maw experience is in this build. If not it would be really strange, they announced it 3 weeks ago.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again