10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Can't believe anyone is defending that dead criminal, he went aggressive towards them at an alarming rate. Given how disturbing this whole BLM movement has been putting everyone on edge, and with the few months of school the police have over there, I'd say they did their best.

And people waving 2nd amendment as a defense for this loony?
    He hadn't hurt or threatened anyone. He just happened to be armed in the presence of police. So labelling him a "criminal" is just begging the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If they shoot someone? Absolutely. They still chose to do it. They chose to do the job without proper training or equipment.

What the lack of training and equipment means is that their administration and superiors also carry blame. It doesn't mean the officers take any less blame. It just means there's more people behaving badly and contributing to this outcome.
    So I guess teachers should also quit when they lack support from administration, lack training, etc ...

I guess not a lot of ppl would actually work if they had to quit because they lack proper training and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Sure sure, but can you blame the officer on the field then ?

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, but again, how can you blame the officers on the field ?
    So, no proof. Noted.

As for your question: Yes.

We're done here.

He hadn't hurt or threatened anyone. He just happened to be armed in the presence of police. So labelling him a "criminal" is just begging the question.
    Did you not see the video? He clearly moved towards the cops while they where retreating. That's super aggressive

So I guess teachers should also quit when they lack support from administration, lack training, etc ...
    False comparison. Teachers aren't killing people left and right because they're untrained. They're just spending their own money on supplies because school budgets are the first thing to get cut when states/counties start having financial problems.

I guess not a lot of ppl would actually work if they had to quit because they lack proper training and such.
    If my job involved life or death? Yeah, I'd quit. Why? Because I don't want my own lack of training to be the cause of death of an innocent person, or even really anyone. That's pretty unique to being an armed law enforcement officer, and not very comparable to other professions.

I wouldn't want an untrained anesthesiologist putting me under, either. But they generally can't, because unlike with law enforcement there are strict standards and extensive education required for the medical profession.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you not see the video? He clearly moved towards the cops while they where retreating. That's super aggressive
    Yes, and being aggressive is perishable by extrajudicial killing? Do you want me to link all the times that people, mostly white folks, moved aggressively towards cops, including when armed with firearms and not just knives/melee weapons, and weren't killed because the officers found ways to de-escalate the situation rather than just shooting them?

10+ Year Old Account
    If they're harming students because of that lack, somehow, yes. Refusing to do so means they're complicit. If you find out your school is feeding kids lead-laced Malk at lunch because it's cheaper than actual milk, and it's making the kids sick, yeah, you're part of the problem if you keep working there and don't immediately demand that it stop and report the abuse to the authorities, or the press if the authorities won't step in.

Basic fucking ethics, man. I'd get my teaching license revoked if I stood by and let shit like that happen while I was a teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    False comparison. Teachers aren't killing people left and right because they're untrained. They're just spending their own money on supplies because school budgets are the first thing to get cut when states/counties start having financial problems.

If my job involved life or death? Yeah, I'd quit. Why? Because I don't want my own lack of training to be the cause of death of an innocent person, or even really anyone. That's pretty unique to being an armed law enforcement officer, and not very comparable to other professions.

I wouldn't want an untrained anesthesiologist putting me under, either. But they generally can't, because unlike with law enforcement there are strict standards and extensive education required for the medical profession.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, and being aggressive is perishable by extrajudicial killing? Do you want me to link all the times that people, mostly white folks, moved aggressively towards cops, including when armed with firearms and not just knives/melee weapons, and weren't killed because the officers found ways to de-escalate the situation rather than just shooting them?
    What about a teen that kills himself after being bullied and received no help from teachers ?

10+ Year Old Account
    "Walking towards someone" is "super aggressive"?

Hey, guys, he's actually trying the South Park "it's comin' right for us!" argument. He seriously thinks that's a defense.

https://www.npr.org/2020/05/14/85591...ing-home-order

These were white protesters armed with guns who literally got into the FACE of law enforcement stationed at the capital yet somehow they're still walking around free and breathing.

Miss me with the "OMG HE'S COMING RIGHT AT US!" South Park defense.

- - - Updated - - -

"Walking towards someone" is "super aggressive"?

Hey, guys, he's actually trying the South Park "it's comin' right for us!" argument. He seriously thinks that's a defense.
    D'aaaaaaaw jinx.

- - - Updated - - -

What about a teen that kills himself after being bullied and received no help from teachers ?
    Dorothy called and the Strawman is needed back on set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming we're talking about a case where the teachers knew that bullying was going on, that the student was at risk, and chose to do nothing? As opposed to just a tragic case where it went unnoticed, because these things often aren't out in the open?

Then that would mean that school board was incompetent and was failing its students, yes.

Is this another trick question?

Yeah, not playing this game with you. That's not the topic. If you want to discuss teachers legal liability and responsibility on this, take it to another thread.

I love those keyboard white knights that would always help the innocent and the weak while behind their monitor but who would most probably do nothing when confronted by real life.

I love those keyboard white knights that would always help the innocent and the weak while behind their monitor but who would most probably do nothing when confronted by real life.
    "I can't really defend my ridiculous notions so I'll just make up some shit insults instead."

Are we already back to defending the new mass looting going on or we have yet to arrive at that point? xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    "I can't really defend my ridiculous notions so I'll just make up some shit insults instead."
    I already defended my notions as you call them. But you just dismiss my arguments because I do not agree with you and you can't stand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Are we already back to defending the new mass looting going on or we have yet to arrive at that point? xD
    Are we back to people making the ridiculous claim that there is some huge support for looting in order to distract from the fact that another person was needlessly shot by the police?

10+ Year Old Account
    So because I'd help a suicidal, bullied student, that's somehow an unbelievably noble thing?

Jesus wept, that's basic ethics. You're literally arguing that you don't understand why anyone would act ethically.

I already defended my notions as you call them. But you just dismiss my arguments because I do not agree with you and you can't stand that.
    I don't give a fuck that you don't agree with me. You couldn't provide any evidence to back up your claim and instead turned to strawmen and insults. Ya done.

"I lost?! Uh uh... *FART*"

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    If you are talking about the Dodgers win, no, no one is defending and most people in LA are very much annoyed by those dumbass Dodger fans.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't defend shit. You stated an unjustifiable, unethical position, and people pointed out that it was ridiculous. There was never any defense of your position offered.