Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I wish they had a feature that it plays zone music *once a day*

Some us are in-between and while music can turn too repetitive it's pretty nice having some music in the game once in a while, so I think it might be a great feature to have for example Orgrimmar's music play once each day but if you re-enter the zone (which you do a lot) to not actually hear it again and it can turn pretty hectic and almost impossible to avoid turning it off in some zones like that because you both enter them A LOT *and* the music is pretty epic in all senses so you can enjoy it but not for more than 10 minutes.

Control M works fine

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Control M works fine
    Not even close. The point is that you want to listen to music and you want it to be done automatically but not excessively (especially with hub zones).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Not really. The point is to play the actual game's zone music automatically and correctly (not whatever the user wants randomly).

10+ Year Old Account
    This sounds like "I want my chicken to taste like chicken but not quite always like chicken" and thus, a very dumb thing to take issue with.

Yep. Gotta put you on ignore now.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    if you only want to hear it once a day when you think it's appropriate you'll have to learn to navigate the complexities of your mute button.

Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    This sounds like "I want my chicken to taste like chicken but not quite always like chicken" and thus, a very dumb thing to take issue with.

Yep. Gotta put you on ignore now.
    Did you really want to troll so much, that you resort to write total nonsense?
    Nobody is "taking issue" here but you (it's a feature wish).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    if you only want to hear it once a day when you think it's appropriate you'll have to learn to navigate the complexities of your mute button.
    That makes no sense at all. It's not replaced by manually doing it. It's an entire new feature that I think would be great.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's already in the game. It's called turning down the music.

Turn off the loop music feature. It shouldn't play again until you re-zone or relog depending on where you are.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

This sounds like a veery weird and specific suggestion, though I doubt Blizzard would ever implement such an uhm... 'unique' feature.
    Your best bet would be to either:

A): Learn how to make addons and implement it yourself.

B): Have someone who knows how to make addons make it.

Maybe not the most appealing of suggestions, but they are the most realistic ones at the moment.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post

That makes no sense at all. It's not replaced by manually doing it. It's an entire new feature that I think would be great.
    what makes no sense is someone thinking the music in any zone makes the game too hectic so they want a feature developed that has all the functionality of turning the volume down if in fact semi-quiet noise is too much for them to handle.

I found having music on, but not setting it to loop is a good balance, and when I'm sick of a given zone song I use the legion music boxes to substitute my own. Though that is a cool looking addon, bookmarked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some us are in-between and while music can turn too repetitive it's pretty nice having some music in the game once in a while, so I think it might be a great feature to have for example Orgrimmar's music play once each day but if you re-enter the zone (which you do a lot) to not actually hear it again and it can turn pretty hectic and almost impossible to avoid turning it off in some zones like that because you both enter them A LOT *and* the music is pretty epic in all senses so you can enjoy it but not for more than 10 minutes.
    You do know there's an in-game option , literally since vanilla, called "Loop Music" right? It's normally with a check mark but if you take it off it only plays the zone music once and only repeats after you re enter the area.
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

Do you want an addon that automatically turns the music on and off depending on your current mood? I think that's a pretty difficult task.

If you are tired of music you press the mute music button. If you want music again you press the mute music button again. Like 5 others here have suggested already.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    Turn off the loop music feature. It shouldn't play again until you re-zone or relog depending on where you are.
    /thread

Exactly what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Ooooh, this sounds awesome. I've been looking for an addon like this since the last one I used to use doesn't exist anymore apparently. It had the same function where you could add your own MP3 files to it and play your own music.

I remember having lots of fun with it too like for Silvermoon's theme I instead put the 60s Batman theme just to see what it would be like. I was also able to add battle music whenever fighting enemies and I think I was even able to make it specific to different types of enemies like regular quest mobs and elites. Do you know if this addon can do stuff like that? If so I'm gonna have to look this one up.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2020-10-29 at 06:27 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    /thread

Exactly what you want.
    It's not exactly what they want though, because it seems like they want to be able to leave a zone and then come back and still not have the music play. Which all sounds a bit too niche for Blizzard to care about honestly, probably would have to set up too many flags in game to check if you've been to x zone yet in that lock out.

3+ Year Old Account
    Well OP, you tried. But certainly you can see now how a personal issue such as this is never going to be paid attention to. Mute the music after you've heard it the first time in each zone each day or turn off looping if you need to though.

it can turn pretty hectic and almost impossible to avoid turning it off in some zones
    I honestly have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. You're so completely overwhelmed by the music that you need Blizzard to implement a feature to play it once a day? Do you realize that you'd be playing 95% of your time in sílence?

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    A): Learn how to make addons and implement it yourself.

B): Have someone who knows how to make addons make it.
    Who told you this is possible with addons?
    Do you have any experience in the API?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    what makes no sense is someone thinking the music in any zone makes the game too hectic so they want a feature developed that has all the functionality of turning the volume down if in fact semi-quiet noise is too much for them to handle.
    You must be joking. Do you ever visit the same hub like Orgrimmar and have its music play 150 times and day which is fine music but not 150 times a day (it would be great hearing the music once a day).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I found having music on, but not setting it to loop is a good balance, and when I'm sick of a given zone song I use the legion music boxes to substitute my own. Though that is a cool looking addon, bookmarked!
    It's really not a good balance. You forget travelling hubs. If you visit a zone like Orgrimmar 10 times a day which is extremely likely the feature is just not enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    You do know there's an in-game option , literally since vanilla, called "Loop Music" right? It's normally with a check mark but if you take it off it only plays the zone music once and only repeats after you re enter the area.
    You are off topic. This is not about not looping if you stay in a zone for hours. This is about not re-playing if you re-enter the zone (which is extremely likely in travelling hubs like capital cities) and have it only play once daily.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Do you want an addon that automatically turns the music on and off depending on your current mood?
    Did you read the OP message? This is not about moods: this is very technically solid about not playing more than once daily.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    /thread

Exactly what you want.
    Do you read the OP message before replying? This is not about that feature at all. This is about not playing FOR THE ENTIRE DAY the same music once for a zone (which can be very annoying on travelling hubs like capital cities) even if you re-enter the zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's not exactly what they want though, because it seems like they want to be able to leave a zone and then come back and still not have the music play. Which all sounds a bit too niche for Blizzard to care about honestly, probably would have to set up too many flags in game to check if you've been to x zone yet in that lock out.
    It's not niche at all! We re-visit the same capital city at least 10 times a day (at least whoever plays for 4hours a day or so).
    So it would be great to have random zones play music but not have the capital city play 100 times a day which is annoying.