Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    They did not have tasers and were not issued them due to budget apparently.
    Better defund the police am I right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Yep, fund social workers instead.

And before you start whining about social workers needing to subdue violent people; they do. Just like EMTs, nurses, and hospital staff all manage to without resorting to brutality or lethal force. It's solely police who act like fascist snowflakes when presented with even the barest hint of noncompliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair... if people are dying at the hands of police, what the fuck are we paying them for?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Absolutely, especially since it seems the funds they are getting aren't going towards basic nonlethal equipment and training.

But I'm betting you don't really know what "defund the police" really means anyway.

This threads always good for some laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Yep, fund social workers instead.

And before you start whining about social workers needing to subdue violent people; they do. Just like EMTs, nurses, and hospital staff all manage to without resorting to brutality or lethal force. It's solely police who act like fascist snowflakes when presented with even the barest hint of noncompliance.
    No they don’t. They usually call security or the police to subdue them having been around those situations before. Most hospitals have police officers in them, or at least security guards.

10+ Year Old Account
    No they don’t. They usual call security or the police to subdue them having been around those situations before. Most hospitals have police officers in them, or at least security guards.
    Sweetheart, I work in a hospital. Lol.

You know what police do? They either stand there uselessly, or make a situation worse by aggravating it. It's the staff who are the ones restraining and de-escalating.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

You know what police do? They either stand there uselessly, or make a situation worse by aggravating it. It's the staff who are the ones restraining and de-escalating.
    I love watching someone own Trump supporters with facts. Thank you.

I whine about police because that's what the media told me to do.

Maybe in your hospital.

Maybe in your hospital.
    Spoken like someone who's never heard of an "orderly".

Maybe in your hospital.
    In most hospitals, actually. Yes, they have security, but they also have mental health professionals that respond to people, you know, having a mental health crisis.

When was the last time you spent any time in a hospital?

Yes, I mean who DOESN'T spend their free time in local hospitals studying the activities of their security? What'r you uninformed or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe in your hospital.
    Yes. My hospital. One of the largest and perhaps best funded in the state of Washington which handled fifty thousand patient admissions a year prior to COVID hitting.

Where do you work, again?

Why wouldn't you chime in on a subject you know nothing about?

"HERP DERP WHO HAS TIME TO STUDY EVERYTHING ABOUT HOSPITALS?!"

I mean, seriously, if someone is going to say something phenomenally stupid and uninformed about a subject you can expect them to be schooled on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dormie View Post
    I whine about police because that's what the media told me to do.
    Thanks for taking the hood off.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I mean who DOESN'T spend their free time in local hospitals studying the activities of their security? What'r you uninformed or something?
    If you don't know, you probably shouldn't be talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    If you don't know, you probably shouldn't be talking about it.
    None of you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Why wouldn't you chime in on a subject you know nothing about?

"HERP DERP WHO HAS TIME TO STUDY EVERYTHING ABOUT HOSPITALS?!"

I mean, seriously, if someone is going to say something phenomenally stupid and uninformed about a subject you can expect them to be schooled on it.
    They were right about this thread being good for a few laughs, but it's primarily a function of the pro-police crowd acting like absolute clowns and then getting called out on such.

Lul.

They were right about this thread being good for a few laughs, but it's primarily a function of the pro-police crowd acting like absolute clowns and then getting called out on such.

Lul.
    You are a joke.

None of you know.
    I will defer to people that do, like Elegiac, and statistics.