Gosh, there are supposedly several clones of a hard drive containing crucially important information that the American people MUST KNOW (when they feel the time is right to let us know) but I guess making copies of super secret super serial documents is beyond them.

I was going to post some random "Dog ate my homework" excuse as a joke but it occurs to me we have educators here who probably have real-life excuses that would be just as appropriate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Better question is how one can send that which doesn't exist.
    I don’t know why, but this popped in my head:

Edit: How did YouTube know to recommend “Top 10 donts when first hitting prison” based on this video? Their algorithm is great... just... great...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-10-29 at 01:55 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Gosh, there are supposedly several clones of a hard drive containing crucially important information that the American people MUST KNOW (when they feel the time is right to let us know) but I guess making copies of super secret super serial documents is beyond them.

I was going to post some random "Dog ate my homework" excuse as a joke but it occurs to me we have educators here who probably have real-life excuses that would be just as appropriate.
    When bae was being a TA he legit had someone with the excuse "I can't turn in this part of the assignment on time because I have just been served a subpoena". It has all been tried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    the documents disappeared when they were being shipped to Tucker Carlson.
    Maybe they shouldn't have defunded the USPS, huh?

See also: karma

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Just out of left field question here... can’t they send... or I don’t know... fax or... uh oh... email... copies?

Edit: I forgot that his viewers are so old, they don’t know what a fax machine is... and email is what Hillary calls children, before she eats them...
    or at the very least, make a copy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    or at the very least, make a copy.
    Yes, but that requires people so old, that they believe financial deals are done in paper. It’s funny how it works with eating a contract, to void it. Charlie from always sunny logic... Did all the deals that were detailed now eaten by mail? Did they just screw Biden out of millions, because that was the only copy?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-10-29 at 02:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I actually find it somewhat concerning... as per:

In essence, they're reserving the right to call the Pennsylvania race in Trump's favor if the late mail-in ballots would hand Biden a victory otherwise.

It's a pretty stupid distinction to make... "These extra votes will be counted and are fine, unless they decide the result of the Pennsylvania election potentially in a way we don't like, in which case they won't be counted and aren't to be trusted."
    PA is not going to be close. With one-third of 2016 total vote count in already (over 20% of total registered voters), Dem is leading by 928193. There are only 9M registered voters in PA. So Dem is currently leading by more than 10% of total registered voters in PA. No matter how you do the math, it won't get close.

10+ Year Old Account
    So we also have confirmation that Trump threw all 50 states under the bus when it came to lockdowns and closures and such to protect himself politically and so that he could claim credit for state reopenings while planning to blame governors if Trumps rush to reopen backfired.

The source? An interview Jared Kushner had with Bob Woodward which Woodward recorded.

I mean, we already knew this was likely the case but this is just confirmation that it's what Trumps plan was.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    https://twitter.com/RealAPolitics/st...24715346251789

Doesn't look like Trump will win Michigan.
    What the fuck is Real American Polling? They claim to be unbiased but have such tweets as:

Hunter Biden is a disgusting human
    Ok deleted tweets cause the meme is dead lmao. For real thoe I'm not denying I support trump but my data is all unbiased.

10+ Year Old Account

Sounds like a giant pile of bullshit there. Never even heard of "Real American Politics" before. Seems safe to bet it's a poor mans version of Breitbart.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    PA is not going to be close. With one-third of 2016 total vote count in already (over 20% of total registered voters), Dem is leading by 928193. There are only 9M registered voters in PA. So Dem is currently leading by more than 10% of total registered voters in PA. No matter how you do the math, it won't get close.
    I would certainly love to believe that, I really would. But I'm not taking anything for granted. While many numbers paint Biden winning even if polls are as wrong as they were in 2016, the polls could always be more wrong. There's no guarantee that that was as wrong as polls could ever get. And they only need to be "wrong enough" in key states to have the vote be close enough to get it passed on up to the supreme court so they can hand Trump his ill-gotten victory.

It's a small chance, for sure, but I'm not resting easy knowing that some chance for Trump still exists.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I would certainly love to believe that, I really would. But I'm not taking anything for granted. While many numbers paint Biden winning even if polls are as wrong as they were in 2016, the polls could always be more wrong. There's no guarantee that that was as wrong as polls could ever get. And they only need to be "wrong enough" in key states to have the vote be close enough to get it passed on up to the supreme court so they can hand Trump his ill-gotten victory.

It's a long shot, for sure, but I'm not resting easy knowing that some chance for Trump still exists.
    Those are not poll numbers. They are actual early votes that had already been turned in by party affiliation in PA.

10+ Year Old Account

Good, I didn't vote either party last time but after seeing the utter shitshow Trumplefuckstain manage to pull off this year alone, I threw my lot in with Biden.

Maybe the Republicans can back more intelligent people next time but I have my doubts. They've been a donkey show since the 70s.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

This is the most Right wing Biased Poll, right?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Jeeezus look at the responses to that Tweet. Republicans whining that Trump's going to lose and it's not fair?!

- - - Updated - - -

If they posted on these forums they'd be banned for that sick trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Look, I value optimism as much as the next guy and I consider myself a man grounded in facts, science and reality.
    That said...please don't jinx it.

omg i looked at that real american politics website, it's gotta be parody right?

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post

Look, I value optimism as much as the next guy and I consider myself a man grounded in facts, science and reality.
    That said...please don't jinx it.
    If at sunday/monday i see the 900k lead among democrats holding, with at the very least 2 million votes in, alongside a few decent polls that show the race being at 6+ points ...
    I will think about making a sight of relief about Penn. But i'm not 100% sure about doing that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    omg i looked at that real american politics website, it's gotta be parody right?
    It's the most right wing "pollster". When said pollster tells Dotardito, that he's going to lose MI, he's getting trounced there.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker