Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    for those that do have a TV in the background, anyone find some of these anti-Trump ads ridiculous? The most ridiculous one was a guy hoping Biden has "the interests of the people at heart." That suggests, of all things, that was not one of Trump's interests.
    It isn't one of Trump's interests. He has literally done nothing for the common man his entire presidency.

for those that do have a TV in the background, anyone find some of these anti-Trump ads ridiculous? The most ridiculous one was a guy hoping Biden has "the interests of the people at heart." That suggests, of all things, that was not one of Trump's interests.
    It definitely is not one of Trump's interests.

because it all but implies Trump isn't so much a president as much as a dictator. I thought there was something about swearing an oath to your country as an American president. So a guy that only cares about himself coming into office seems pretty outlandish
    What you just said doesn't make sense on any level. You're trying to refute everything Trump has done by just going "He swore the oath just ignore all the stuff he has done to hurt the interests of the nation to help himself."

I agree wholeheartedly. It's preposterous to think Trump doesn't care about people. I mean, he's the guy who intentionally downplayed covid knowing doing so would cause thousands of extra deaths because he was afraid a tanked economy would make him look bad. Obviously when one man's ego is worth several hundred thousand dead people you KNOW he only cares about the little guy. To assume otherwise would be laughable.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh hey look at this tweet I'm putting here that has nothing to do with the current topic of Trump's admin not caring about the American Public.

Last edited by Xyonai; 2020-10-29 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    What you just said doesn't make sense on any level. You're trying to refute everything Trump has done by just going "He swore the oath just ignore all the stuff he has done to hurt the interests of the nation to help himself."
    Actually you might be on to something. If ever found in a position where you may have killed someone, when you go to court and they make you swear on the Bible simply say "I swear I didn't kill that man" and they'll let you go. After all, you took an OATH and it would be impossible to betray that oath. Killing someone is one thing, but LYING? No one is that devious.

What I find ridiculous are ads that come on the air where a former state trooper and a current sheriffs deputy talk about how if someone thinks there is institutional racism in law enforcement that makes them the racist, or the ad that talks about how a particular senator is working toward expanding social security, increasing medicare benefits and fighting to keep pre-existing conditions covered by medical insurance when they have done the literal opposite of that during the first 5 years of their term and the current Republican policy position is the literal opposite of those ideas.

I also find it ridiculous that a commercial would merely imply that Trump doesn't have America's interest at heart, since the entirety of his life has been spent at the alter of self worship. If you think Trump gives a shit about anyone you know or love, even in the very miniscule way of recognizing your right to exist, then you are a fool of the highest order or have been sleeping for the past four years.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    Actually you might be on to something. If ever found in a position where you may have killed someone, when you go to court and they make you swear on the Bible simply say "I swear I didn't kill that man" and they'll let you go. After all, you took an OATH and it would be impossible to betray that oath. Killing someone is one thing, but LYING? No one is that devious.
    Honestly it's a fallacy so goofy you have to think it's deliberate. Like sure you got Trumpers arguing that Trump's done good things or done a good job (With varying degrees of success) but the idea of 'This guy couldn't be bad, because he said he wouldn't do bad things!' like someone's incapable of lying or just being an asshole is some next level chuckleheadedness.

the thing i never got is with how people like to play up Trump as the fool, why haven't terrorists done another 9/11 (he actually said him being president prevents this) or some enemy nation invaded yet. Either he's nowhere near as incompetent as people like to claim or the US works in a way where not everyone in government services is totally subservient to their leader's intelligence

the thing i never got is with how people like to play up Trump as the fool, why haven't terrorists done another 9/11 (he actually said him being president prevents this) or some enemy nation invaded yet. Either he's nowhere near as incompetent as people like to claim or the US works in a way where not everyone in government services is totally subservient to their leader's intelligence
    Because the US is basically impossible to invade? We could have a literal rock as a leader and no one would be dumb enough to try invading.

10+ Year Old Account
    the thing i never got is
    I am skeptical that there's just one thing. Your posts are such disjointed verbal diarrhea, why should any of us respond to them seriously?

Jumping from topic to topic is not very engaging, have you ever had a conversation with an actual person?
    /s

It's gotten to the point where responding to your nonsensical posts in a serious manner causes physical pain. But I will endure it.

Long story short, most people aren't as obsessed with death and war as you are. Major terrorist groups with the capability to pull off something like 9/11 know full well that the US loves nothing more than to invade other countries and murder their citizens in retribution. So they keep their terrorism confined to their own people, for the most part. It has little (to nothing) to do with who is in office, because Democrats are often just as hawkish as Republicans.

No, Trump is not the be-all, end-all of the government. But that has nothing to do with your ridiculous assertion that he cares about the American people, now does it?
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2020-10-29 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Because the US is basically impossible to invade? We could have a literal rock as a leader and no one would be dumb enough to try invading.
    then why does Trump at all claim his role as president is a part of what makes people feel secure if it's meaningless?

then why does Trump at all claim his role as president is a part of what makes people feel secure if it's meaningless?
    Because he's a narcissist.

We've been at "war" for 19 years to keep the terrorists off our soil.

The terrorists doing attacks here at home have largely been people who support Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

He's a narcissist who can't say a sentence without putting a lie into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    the thing i never got is with how people like to play up Trump as the fool, why haven't terrorists done another 9/11
    Why would they need to when Trump's criminal presidency and its incompetent handling of COVID-19 have already done more than...

Wait for it...

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

So, yes, I know that people have said this and everything, but you have to watch the bullshit that Tucker Carlson spewed.

Literally everything Tucker Carlson said is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    So, yes, I know that people have said this and everything, but you have to watch the bullshit that Tucker Carlson spewed.

Literally everything Tucker Carlson said is bullshit.
    I like how he avoids mentioning the company so he doesn't get his ass sued again.

He's either a complete moron or he's lying. I'm going to go with both.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I like how he avoids mentioning the company so he doesn't get his ass sued again.

He's either a complete moron or he's lying. I'm going to go with both.
    It's both, and what is REALLY SAD? Is that there is roughly 40% of the country that actually believes his stupid ass. EVEN THOUGH, they won a court case, stating that no one should reasonably believe him.

Because he constantly lies in order to make himself appear grander? Have you seriously not noticed how much hyperbole he uses when he speaks? Everything he does is the biggest, best, greatest, most tremendous thing you've ever seen. Anything his opposition does is the worst, evil, and nastiest thing anyone has ever done.

The real reason terrorists haven't done another 9/11 is because I started working out again a few years ago. They're all so scared of me that they'd never dare stage an attack on US soil.

Hey, if Trump can make up bullshit as a reason so can I.