Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Look at all these mad people who thought they would somehow manage to buy the Brutosaur mount cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    True ofc, on one hand, if they had a 20k starting bid and, as the recent examples are showing, they had gone for 2-3 mil, I wouldn't feel sorry for those who, after they heard it was gonna be moved to BMAH, started spending real money or farming like mad to get it for 5, overestimating the price it'd go for on BMAH, on the other hand I think this solution of the 5 mil starting bid is fair to the first buyers of the brutosaur, for just over a year people bought it thinking the price would've been 5 mil forever, since blizzard hadn't announced its "removal" yet; those would have a right to be annoyed if it suddenly appeared on BMAH and ended up for half what they paid.
    It wouldn't ever happen. Not even if blizzard did 1c starting bid.
    This is going to be super rare mount and it will come on bmah like maybe once in couple of months including all realms.
    And that means whoever bids gold cap first is going to win because otherwise they might have to wait like half of year for just another chance.

People will be insta tapping it, including first one that appears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Imagine if blizzard put it cheap. People that spent real cash to get the 5 million gold would have been pissed.
    Depending how much gold these people would have been short, it takes a fair share of real money to get to 5 million. I am cautiously assuming that if people have that much real money to burn on getting this mount they don't really need to be sympathized with as they probably have enough spare money to do so anyways.

If people who are broke as can be, hardly making ends meet and still funnel money into getting 5 million gold they're just plain stupid and need to sort out their lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Depending how much gold these people would have been short, it takes a fair share of real money to get to 5 million. I am cautiously assuming that if people have that much real money to burn on getting this mount they don't really need to be sympathized with as they probably have enough spare money to do so anyways.

If people who are broke as can be, hardly making ends meet and still funnel money into getting 5 million gold they're just plain stupid and need to sort out their lives.
    It was only like 500U$ If you bought tokens, and most people have 1-4M if theyve been playing for all these years so, hopefully the people that wanted it only had to worry about it a little torward the end. Either way I see so many longbwoys that it’s likely going to be pretty common for an AH in most heavily populated areas and hopefully nobody that wanted it super badly missed out

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Never understood the appeal of this mount.
    As a collector, the biggest appeal for me was to get it before it got removed.

While farming for it, you grow really attached to the AH. While it is already massively convenient to use the AH in your garrison, you still have to be at a specific place. With the mount it's also possible to reach both a mailbox AND the auctioneer without having to move! And ofcourse the vendor that has some newer items than the old vendor mount.

Why does all that matter? Because it's convenient. Anything that is not max. convenient is inconvenient, and people are extremely lazy. I am baffled by the amount of people that enter a pug raid and within 3 seconds start spamming "sum plx" or even worse "123".

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Literally doesn't matter how high starting bid is.
    All of them will be goldcapped instantly.
    Why tho?
    I mean wouldn't people who acutally have the gold (and want it), bought it already? I'd say that people who are "invested" enough to earn 5m gold would not be that stupid be a month to late, to waste 5m gold, even if you planned to wait until SL to re-sub, it is still like a 4.5m million loss, since you just could've bought sub time with gold.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    It was only like 500U$ If you bought tokens, and most people have 1-4M if theyve been playing for all these years so, hopefully the people that wanted it only had to worry about it a little torward the end. Either way I see so many longbwoys that it’s likely going to be pretty common for an AH in most heavily populated areas and hopefully nobody that wanted it super badly missed out
    With your math their I think you are correct with it being 500$ but closer to 800 if I remember correctly not sure even spending real money on a mount just cause it has an auction house on it is pretty ridiculous.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't ever happen. Not even if blizzard did 1c starting bid.
    This is going to be super rare mount and it will come on bmah like maybe once in couple of months including all realms.
    And that means whoever bids gold cap first is going to win because otherwise they might have to wait like half of year for just another chance.
    I'd certainly agree that this is where I predict things will likely land up over time, but it isn't there yet, and I doubt it will be for some time. You have to consider the starting condition, which is that up until 2 weeks ago you could still buy the thing from a vendor for 5M. Which means that pretty much everyone currently subbed who had the means to obtain it, knew about it, and cared about it would have already bought it.

People will be insta tapping it, including first one that appears.
    If you read the first page, they were talking about the mounts appearing on the AH and not being bid on at all. Which makes perfect sense. Right now the only people who would want to bid on it don't have access to 5M because it takes time to accumulate that much (and you're talking about people who had a year and didn't manage). I suspect it will be some time before they start approaching the 10M mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Turns out people who predicted bidding on the Long Boi starting at 5 mil on BMAH were right. No cheap Brutosaurs for anyone it seems.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=318615/...ts-at-5-millio
    you expected it to be lower at the start of the biding ????? ^.^

imagine it beginning at let say 100k po, peoples who buyed it already would have QQ on the blizzard forum and it would be brutal

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    it will always be sold at 9 999 999 gold anyway
    even if it would start at 1 gold, every bronto will be sell at 10m
    Folks... this is what we call a delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Why tho?
    I mean wouldn't people who acutally have the gold (and want it), bought it already? I'd say that people who are "invested" enough to earn 5m gold would not be that stupid be a month to late, to waste 5m gold, even if you planned to wait until SL to re-sub, it is still like a 4.5m million loss, since you just could've bought sub time with gold.
    Don't worry this person as the others that think a mount anyone could have bought for an entire expansion at 5 million, suddenly have 10 million to drop on it next expansion. Yea, that makes a lot of sense.

The saddest part of all this is Blizzard once again needed to be shady and underhanded with its playerbase. Would it have been a big deal to announce that the price of this would be 5 mil on BMAH? No it wouldn't have been.
    But why help out your playbase, I mean we are talking about the only company that re-releases wow (classic) only to take away players from wow (retail) at a time when they needed to add players to retail.
    Last edited by slime; 2020-10-29 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Why tho?
    Like I said multiple times. Thinking there won't be people who: amassed gold and just got back in, gold whales who just want to deny others, people who quickly made millions of gold is being delusional.

It's not a "loss" if your goal is to deny others, it's not a loss if you just came back to game and didn't know brontosaur existed, it's not a loss if you never been playing before.

Turns out people who predicted bidding on the Long Boi starting at 5 mil on BMAH were right. No cheap Brutosaurs for anyone it seems.
    Seems fair enough, it is meant to show off wealth after all.
    Maybe they'll add a "normal" brutosaur for those who just like the model or something, as some people claimed to want it only for that.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Personally I think they should have cut the price in half, that way it was still expensive, while opening up a small market to of people that had no way of hitting 5m with out poor life choices.
    Yeah okay, why don't you devalue the three months of effort I took farming from 100k to 5 million gold. And not once did I buy a token.

You had three years to buy the damn thing.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Folks... this is what we call a delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't worry this person as the others that think a mount anyone could have bought for an entire expansion at 5 million, suddenly have 10 million to drop on it next expansion. Yea, that makes a lot of sense.

The saddest part of all this is Blizzard once again needed to be shady and underhanded with its playerbase. Would it have been a big deal to announce that the price of this would be 5 mil on BMAH? No it wouldn't have been.
    But why help out your playbase, I mean we are talking about the only company that re-releases wow (classic) only to take away players from wow (retail) at a time when they needed to add players to retail.
    Genuinely, why was it not obvious that it'd be 5 million at least? Any less and they'd both undermine the reason it was removed from the vendor AND the players that bought it at that price. What reason would they have to reduce the price?

Like I said multiple times. Thinking there won't be people who: amassed gold and just got back in, gold whales who just want to deny others, people who quickly made millions of gold is being delusional.

It's not a "loss" if your goal is to deny others, it's not a loss if you just came back to game and didn't know brontosaur existed, it's not a loss if you never been playing before.
    We both are just assuming and calling me delusional is quite ironic.

I am confused why anyone would think it gets cheaper. If anything I would expect prices of way higher, maybe as much as 8 to 10 million.

In any case it was too expensive to begin with, you could pay for years worth of sub instead of buying that mount, I consider people crazy for buying that and if people buy it for even more well...

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    I am confused why anyone would think it gets cheaper. If anything I would expect prices of way higher, maybe as much as 8 to 10 million.

In any case it was too expensive to begin with, you could pay for years worth of sub instead of buying that mount, I consider people crazy for buying that and if people buy it for even more well...
    People thought it would start at a cheaper price, because all the mounts and other goods ever sold on AH started at fairly cheap prices. Sure, you can say that Brutosaur is different cause it had a vendor price, but you cant say people had no basis to claim that. They clearly did have some basis. They were wrong, sure, but it wasn't baseless.

As for the 2nd part...this game is my pastime. I don't grind for hundreds of hours to earn 12 euros to pay for my sub, I grind for hundreds of hours for fun to buy in-game stuff. I pay the sub with real life cash and I'm not really interested in exchanging gold into blizzard balance, nor the other way around.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yeah okay, why don't you devalue the three months of effort I took farming from 100k to 5 million gold. And not once did I buy a token.

You had three years to buy the damn thing.
    No worse than any of the other gold sink utility mounts in the past. It would be one thing if they had just let it be like all the old ones, but for some reason they decided to axe the thing just cuz... and then berry it in some ultra inconsistent venue, as it stands they just added a bunch of value for free. maybe if they plan on jacking up gold gains in shadowlands to WoD levels I could see the justification but at BfA levels it's a joke to move it to the BMAH to begin with.

I never whined that my Yak got devalued when WoD vomited up huge piles of gold at everyone, likewise I never whined when they made 310 flying much easier to get. In my opinion everything should slowly become easier to obtain and nothing should ever be removed. they are always adding new trophies for everyone to lord over everyone.

And no, it was 2 years not 3.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Imagine if blizzard put it cheap. People that spent real cash to get the 5 million gold would have been pissed.
    No worries, those same people will find something else to be pissed about

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    No worries, those same people will find something else to be pissed about
    I dont own the mount, but wanted it but I didnt hit 5 million in time. Yet I don't agree it should start lower than the vendor price. The whole point of BMAH is for rare and unobtainable mounts to find the right buyer as a (necessary) gold sink.

It would have set up a VERY dangerous precedent of waiting for something to hit BMAH to get it cheaper than vendor. BMAH aint there to be infavour of the player, it's for the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.