Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Three dead as woman beheaded in knife attack in Nice, France

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/...-report-647349

A knife-wielding attacker shouting "Allahu Akbar" beheaded a woman and killed two other people in a suspected terrorist incident at a church in the French city of Nice on Thursday, police and officials said.

Nice's mayor, Christian Estrosi, who described the attack as terrorism, said on Twitter it had happened in or near the city's Notre Dame church.
    Estrosi said the attacker had repeatedly shouted the phrase "Allahu Akbar," or God is greatest, even after he had been detained by police.

One of the people killed inside the church was believed to be the church warden, Estrosi said, adding that a woman had tried to escape from inside the church and had fled into a bar opposite the building.​ "The suspected knife attacker was shot by police while being detained, he is on his way to hospital, he is alive," Estrosi told reporters.

"Enough is enough," Estrosi said. "It's time now for France to exonerate itself from the laws of peace in order to definitively wipe out Islamo-fascism from our territory."

Reuters journalists at the scene said police armed with automatic weapons had put up a security cordon around the church, which is on Nice's Jean Medecin avenue, the city's main shopping thoroughfare. Ambulances and fire service vehicles were also at the scene.

French President Emmanuel Macron is due to visit Nice, Estrosi said.

In Paris, lawmakers in the National Assembly observed a minute's silence in solidarity with the victims.

Police said three people were confirmed to have died in the attack and several were injured. The French anti-terrorist prosecutor's department said it had been asked to investigate.

A police source said a woman was decapitated. French politician Marine Le Pen also spoke of a decapitation having occurred in the attack.
    Estrosi said the victims had been killed in a "horrible way."

"The methods match, without doubt, those used against the brave teacher in Conflans Sainte Honorine, Samuel Paty," he said, referring to a French teacher beheaded earlier this month in an attack in a suburb of Paris.

French assemblyman Meyer Habib reacted to the attack on Twitter, saying that, "even during a state of emergency in France because of the coronavirus, coward islamists are slaughtering and beheading women in a church in the French city of Nice, "they are corrupting France's face. We're at war!"

The attack comes while France is still reeling from the beheading earlier this month of middle school teacher Paty by a man of Chechen origin.

The attacker had said he wanted to punish Paty for showing pupils cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad in a civics lesson.

It was not immediately clear what the motive was for the Nice attack, or if there was any connection to the cartoons, which Muslims consider to be blasphemous.

Since Paty's killing, French officials - backed by many ordinary citizens - have re-asserted the right to display the cartoons, and the images have been widely displayed at marches in solidarity with the killed teacher.

That has prompted an outpouring of anger in parts of the Muslim world, with some governments accusing French leader Emmanuel Macron of pursuing an anti-Islam agenda.

I wonder who would do such a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    What Macron intends to do now, should have been done years ago. They let that state within a state grow for a long time, so no wonder they have to deal with brainwashed crazies now.

Islam is an incel religion.

Let's not go right off into religion-bashing or the topic will get closed and this is a news story and situation that merits discussion.

There's plenty of Muslims who aren't terrorists or sympathizers with those sorts of groups, so again, let's keep the religion-bashing away from the topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love religions that keep their belivers mindset in 1700.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-10-29 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Forbidden Topics
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    https://www.aa.com.tr/en/politics/no...t-satire/82824

Because this thread is already descending into the usual dumb shit
    You're quoting a Turkish newspaper (Anadolu Agency is a state-run outlet) that is itself quoting a Holocaust Denier. Might want to get a better source.

- - - Updated - - -

I know you're pretty thick but what can of worms did you think you were opening?
    This coming from the guy linking a Turkish propaganda site's story about a Holocaust denier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Let's not go right off into religion-bashing
    Frankly? Yeah... let's do that. I think some of their thinkers need to sit down and have a long talk between themselves about it, because it IS a problem both for them and the world and they need to tackle this first and foremost instead of silently watch on.

Swiping it under the rug is how we get news like this to begin with.

And yes this topic will get closed and 5 more topics after that will be closed, but the issue will remain.

imagine getting angry over an imaginary person on the sky

So what exactly can France do from here? They have a very big muslim minority, and they obviously can't identify anything before the attacks happens.

3+ Year Old Account
    This is what happens when a religion who hasnt achieved its Age of enlightenment has to live together with another relegion who has. Islam was close to getting it then Islam revolution happened in Iran and Erdogan happened in Turkey. I guess we won't see religion-peace for centuries now
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-10-29 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Forbidden Topics
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Israel is a state. Plenty of Jewish people, like finkelstein are against imperialism and that is why they stand against israel.
    You haven't read much about him, I see.

He's a communist, he defends neo-nazis/holocaust deniers like David Irving:

In a July 2020 online discussion with British activists, Finkelstein said David Irving "was a very good historian". Finding insufficient the evidence of Richard J. Evans as the expert witness in Irving's unsuccessful libel action in 2000 against Deborah Lipstadt, who had labeled Irving a Holocaust denier, Finkelstein said Irving had "produced works that are substantive…If you don’t like it, don’t read it. In the case of Irving, he knew a thing or two—or three".[122][123] The Daily Telegraph in 2000 accused Finkelstein in The Holocaust Industry of defending Irving against Lipstadt,[124] and, according to historian Tobias Abse, giving Irving qualified, secondhand praise.[125]

In October 2020, Finkelstein published an extract from his forthcoming book, Cancel Culture, Academic Freedom and Me on his website following the banning of Holocaust denial from Facebook and Twitter. According to Finkelstein, "Holocaust denial should be taught in university and preferably by a Holocaust denier" as a means "to inoculate students" against it. He states: "If one is committed to the purity of truth, not just in its wholeness but also in its parts, then a Holocaust denier performs the useful function of ferreting out 'local' errors, precisely because he is a devil’s advocate—that is, fanatically committed to 'unmasking' the 'hoax of the 20th century.'"[126][127]

Between this and actually using pro-Islamist propaganda sites like AA, I don't think you have a lot to stand on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    I envy your ability to shield yourself from knowing about all the horrible shit that goes on in the world.
    What you do is just unrelated whataboutism.

Islamist extremism is a thing, is a big problem on itself and this topic is born of it. You can't handwave that or stick your head in the sand, sometimes things are exactly as they seem.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    So what exactly can France do from here? They have a very big muslim minority, and they obviously can't identify anything before the attacks happens.
    deport every single one imo and ban folks from said countries. course france will go with a limp dick approach cause they don't wanna be called "muslim/islam/whatever-phobes"
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-10-29 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    This is what happens when a religion who hasnt achieved its Age of enlightenment has to live together with another relegion who has. Islam was close to getting it then Islam revolution happened in Iran and Erdogan happened in Turkey. I guess we won't see religion-peace for centuries now
    IMO, religion as a whole outlived its usefulness and I hope given another several hundred years it will slowly lose ground across the world and maybe transcend into pure spiritual guidance without the bull instead of "my guy on a cloud is the biggest".
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-10-29 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Forbidden Topics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Abolishing religious education is already a good start from macron. Sertifying preachers to make sure they wont spread bullshit is also nice. Prohibition for foreigners to preach helps to keep erdogan muslim etnostate fantasies away
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-10-29 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Forbidden Topics

5+ Year Old Account
    Islamo-fascim, that's a good term to describe these people.

Woah now you cant bitch about my sources and quote something without context?

Look my dude the point is basic. The way Muslim people are treated in France is sadistic. They put them in prison, subject them to hate. To lose that perspective is to not understand why these attacks are happening in france.
    You can make that point without using Islamist propaganda sites or anti-Semitic sources.

Doing so makes you look like a bumbling hack.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    they don't put them in prison if they don't do anything lol...
    He seems to be one of those who believe everything a Western nation does is wrong, no matter the reasoning or precipitating event.

He probably thinks the Chinese aren't committing genocide against the Uighurs.

Link you source you hypocrite, you cant tell me I'm a bumbling hack when you're doing even worse than what you're criticizing.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman...locaust_denial

Here you go, guy who posts quotes by Holocaust deniers.