Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

December 8th release date?

Been thinking... is there something in the AMD/WoW partnership.... the new AMD cards release on the 8th December which funnily enough is a Tuesday...
    An Karanir Thanagor

Grasping at straws, aren't we?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Grasping at straws, aren't we?
    Of course! What else is there to speculate on at this point
    An Karanir Thanagor

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    15th December is just before Christmas, and I can't imagine Blizzard devs working on SL through Christmas. 8th December (and 5th or 12th January for raid release) is last 2020 date that make sense. Of course this year is so crazy that even 2020 release isn't certain at all.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    8th December is the absolute latest date for release. does mean that we won't get raids til January but that's not the biggest deal in the world

Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    Been thinking... is there something in the AMD/WoW partnership.... the new AMD cards release on the 8th December which funnily enough is a Tuesday...
    I understand the neeeed for a new date but No!! stop that lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm launched 7th of december. My bet for SL launch date is either 1th or 8th of december. I guess the earliest could be end of november but they already delayed the launch so might as well use all the time they can. As others have said after 8th of december is too deep into the holiday season. I do believe the game will launch in 2020 still.

It's pretty obvious that the scourge event was planned for Oct 27, so I believe they were shooting for a Nov 17 release and mythic raiding opening on Dec 8, meaning enough time for the race, which is usually good publicity for them, good advertising for the expansion and thus I believe they care about it.

But they missed that window, maybe because of the uncertainty that the wild fire created or for some other reason, so what now?

* Nov 24 means that mythic raiding will open on Dec 15 and that the race will probably go into the holidays.
    * Dec 1 means that mythic raiding will open on Dec 22 = a no go imo. If they delayed opening mythic raiding till Jan 5, that would mean an extra 2 weeks, so maybe too much.
    * Dec 8 --> they just have to delay raids 1 extra week and open mythic raiding on Jan 5, seems ok to me.

So, imo, Dec 8 is the date that makes the most sense atm. But maybe they base their decision on completely different grounds, so who knows...
    Last edited by orsraunia; 2020-10-29 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    We already have several threads discussing this and you just copy pasted a common opinion and made a new thread.. Well done!

10+ Year Old Account
    People keep saying "CaN't SeE dEv'S wOrKiNg ThRoUgH tHe HoLiDaYs" yet, they did when Cataclysm came out on the 7th December 2010.

So my guess, either 8th December or 15th.

Edit: Just to remind you as food for thought, Cataclysm's launch saw the peak of WoW's population, they'd be dealing with 1/5th of it now.
    Last edited by Liberate90; 2020-10-29 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Added a sentence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberate90 View Post
    People keep saying "CaN't SeE dEv'S wOrKiNg ThRoUgH tHe HoLiDaYs" yet, they did when Cataclysm came out on the 7th December 2010.

Edit: Just to remind you as food for thought, Cataclysm's launch saw the peak of WoW's population, they'd be dealing with 1/5th of it now.
    That never makes any sense to me. Devs probably have maybe the week of Christmas off, and probably at their own personal discretion (PTO.) Blizzard probably shuts down on the 25th but why wouldn't they continue operating the rest of the month?

Christmas isn't all 31 days of December.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Liberate90 View Post
    This is also my guess, but it has nothing to do with the upcoming AMD card releases

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    That never makes any sense to me. Devs probably have maybe the week of Christmas off, and probably at their own personal discretion (PTO.) Blizzard probably shuts down on the 25th but why wouldn't they continue operating the rest of the month?

people acting like november and december is all time off with holidays

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

Cata released with all the raids open. If SL came out at this date, the Mythic raids will literally be released right over Christmas. Unless they delayed them until after the New Year, which is plausible

Quote Originally Posted by orsraunia View Post
    It's pretty obvious that the scourge event was planned for Oct 27, so I believe they were shooting for a Nov 17 release and mythic raiding opening on Dec 8, meaning enough time for the race, which is usually good publicity for them, good advertising for the expansion and thus I believe they care about it.

But they missed that window, maybe because of the uncertainty that the wild fire created or for some other reason, so what now?

* Nov 24 means that mythic raiding will open on Dec 15 and that the race will probably go into the holidays.
    * Dec 1 means that mythic raiding will open on Dec 22 = a no go imo. If they delayed opening mythic raiding till Jan 5, that would mean an extra 2 weeks, so maybe too much.
    * Dec 8 --> they just have to delay raids 1 extra week and open mythic raiding on Jan 5, seems ok to me.

So, imo, Dec 8 is the date that makes the most sense atm. But maybe they base their decision on completely different grounds, so who knows...
    Nov 24 is thanksgiving week, not gonna happen.

Second, raid is not launching this year. Will launch in january.

you bump their pay -> they work during apocalypse
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Dec. 29th!
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

5+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard will release Shadowlands January 1st 2021 12:00 AM.

just to piss everyone off lol.

Quote Originally Posted by monkfailz View Post
    Blizzard will release Shadowlands January 1st 2021 12:00 AM.

just to piss everyone off lol.
    I'd send them a box of cookies lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I'm still hoping for a December 1st launch